Cold?
IGNORED

Snow on the way? April 5th onwards cold snap

Posted
Just been out quickly for 15 minutes-

I am a tad more optimistic than earlier-

Feels Colder than i thought it would- I am guessing around 4 c-

Wilmington has 4C-

If you guys need a link to some interactive weather stations use this & use the arrows to move to your own areas-

http://www.wunderground.com/stationmaps/gm...vr=0&cams=0

You can also change the readings to Dewpoint-

Chislehurst which is local to me is @ 38F which means we need certainly colder is to get in ebfore any ppn arrives..

Hope this helps peeps-

S

Steve, have to admit, that has given me hope. I hadnt been out since around 6pm and didnt feel then possible that the colder air would reach us by the early hours of Sunday morning. Fingers crossed eh!

Posted

The band that gave me the thunder and snow seems to be moving south on the radar and Birmingham looks like it will get it if it does not move to much east.

Posted
Wow that big shower is heading straight for me!

Sleet/snow here ...... and it was hand-ball mate. :o

Posted
Nought happening in the emerald isle at present. Have me eye on he precip. currently over western scotland, hopefully will arrive here in he early hours.

its gone through stoke, has it hit cannock or walsall? i dont have the radar, can someone say where the heavy shower is, roughly, at present? thanks.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Just started raining here.

Posted

azores92- I like your thinking!

The temp is 2.6C now and quite chilly-can see your breath in the air. When i went out to check the temp i almost went flying on the door mat in the back garden. LOL! but i stubbed my toe and it hurt :o !

Posted

Temp in Belfast now down to 2.8. Keeping a close eye on a snow shower which has just crept over the north coast. Hopefully we might see some of it here in the city.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
its gone through stoke, has it hit cannock or walsall? i dont have the radar, can someone say where the heavy shower is, roughly, at present? thanks.

Has much snow fallen in Cumbria tonight >

Posted
azores92- I like your thinking!

The temp is 2.6C now and quite chilly-can see your breath in the air. When i went out to check the temp i almost went flying on the door mat in the back garden. LOL! but i stubbed my toe and it hurt :o !

haha its like watching the world cup in anticipation, the excitement is immense, and all the people who reside near birmingham are having a whale of a time! haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Sleet/snow here ...... and it was hand-ball mate. :o

Merh...it was a long way back. I was hoping it wasn't a hand ball really because then I would have been wondering "what would have happened if the referee had eyes". Never mind though, we have the league to concentrate on!

Now, about this shower...still a tad on the warm side at 3c.

Posted
The band that gave me the thunder and snow seems to be moving south on the radar and Birmingham looks like it will get it if it does not move to much east.

ohhhhh im so excited now i have my curtains open and staring at the lampost :o :D:):)

Posted

More heavier showers heading into Scotland which seems to be part of the trough that is expected here tomorrow, i wonder if that thicker cloud to the North of Shetland on the met office cloud image is the trough. I think it is.

Posted
Merh...it was a long way back. I was hoping it wasn't a hand ball really because then I would have been wondering "what would have happened if the referee had eyes". Never mind though, we have the league to concentrate on!

Now, about this shower...still a tad on the warm side at 3c.

if its snowed in stoke, it can snow in ladywood!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Air temp and dewpoint both 2c here in northern northants

Posted
Temp in Belfast now down to 2.8. Keeping a close eye on a snow shower which has just crept over the north coast. Hopefully we might see some of it here in the city.

is that shower heavy?,its 2.0c here and my weather station says it will snow :o

Posted
Just been out quickly for 15 minutes-

I am a tad more optimistic than earlier-

Feels Colder than i thought it would- I am guessing around 4 c-

Wilmington has 4C-

If you guys need a link to some interactive weather stations use this & use the arrows to move to your own areas-

http://www.wunderground.com/stationmaps/gm...vr=0&cams=0

Very interesting link Steve, that along with the offical obs show paint a detailed picture for the UK as a whole. The thing is further south we still have a good 6hrs of cooling before that levels of as the cloud cover increases rapidly in front of the trough. I think there won't be much of the way of cloud cover ahead of the trough because of the showery nature but there may be some higher level stuff flung decently ahead of it.

Central parts of the Midlands (say west of London and counties north of there) looking very good right now IMO, temps already getting close to freezing from the looks of things in places. i still think there is a reasonable shot for snow cover in S.Midlands, CS England and also the home counties.

Going to close this now, as it happens its turning out to be a pretty interesting Spring for snow events, marginalty being the key word of these events!

Edited by kold weather

Posted

I agree azores 92! I know this isn't the time or place to talk about footy but being as i am a fan..... Milan Baros is a cheat handling the ball numerous times and we was the better side! The first half we was all over them and we still had most the play the second!

Anyway*stops grumbling* come on snow where are you!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
hi Nick,

Is this so called trough a new development that wasn't expected and if so do you expect it to become significant. I live in nottinghamshire and it does appear to be heading my way but none of the forecasts appear to have picked up on this, all they mention is this trough that is going into the west country and across to the south east. I'm confused. Is the developing trough the one on the forecasts and if so why are they not showing it having a more eastern extent as it does appear to stretch right across the country.

I'm new to all this and therefore confused, please can you help???

Hi,

The band of rain, sleet and snow developing across NW England and N Wales associated with a trough which is forecast to push south across Wales and the Midlands tonight and then SE towards central southern and SE England tomorrow morning has been been forecast since yesterday. The reason I think the band of sleet and snow swings SE tomorrow morning towards SE England from its current southward trajectory is because a small 'meso' low develops at the base of the short-wave trough moving south - this low (due to the coriolis force) pulls the sleet and snow SE across the Midlands arriving in the London area 6am -9am before exiting the SE corner early afternoon.

Nottingham may well be on the eastern edge of the more persistent sleet and snow - but anywhere over England may catch a sleet or snow shower.

Posted
I agree azores 92! I know this isn't the time or place to talk about footy but being as i am a fan..... Milan Baros is a cheat handling the ball numerous times and we was the better side! The first half we was all over them and we still had most the play the second!

Anyway*stops grumbling* come on snow where are you!

so so true albion snowman, the cloud is building... the tension is on, the dog and i are ready with our toboggans. haha not really, just watching this cloud, maybe a starter of whats to come :D

Posted

Rain turned to sleet.

Dunno where the vast Telford thunder snow has got too.

Posted

Flippin' heck! The Staffordshire shower is intensifying!!

Posted
Flippin' heck! The Staffordshire shower is intensifying!!

nick2702 can you do me a favour please can you check the postcode b45 and see if its comming this way thank you so much

Posted
Rain turned to sleet.

Dunno where the vast Telford thunder snow has got too.

:D:D

Its over Stoke/Staffordshire not here.

Currently about 1c here and gone overcast, hoping for something soon.

Posted
nick2702 can you do me a favour please can you check the postcode b45 and see if its comming this way thank you so much

I dont have NW, I am using www.meteox.com next best thing, 15 min updates and you can zoom to some extent.

Posted

Not going to give much this stuff overall. Perhaps the odd icy pavement but not much else.