Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow on the way? April 5th onwards cold snap

Posted
been watch too... looks convective (building as it moves south over something ? )... interesting that it's producing drizzle though )-:

http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx?zoom=5&amp...on=-1.845703125

definatly drizzle atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
Rain, sleet and snow really beginning to organise over Nern England across to N Wales, definate trough forming, recent METARS at 2020 UTC (2120 BST) show snow showers at Manchester and Leeds/Bradford airport:

LEEDS BRADFORD EGNM 052020Z 01010KT 350V050 9999 -SHSN FEW010 SCT040 02/M00 Q1014

MANCHESTER EGCC 052020Z 04005KT 9999 BKN047CB 02/00 Q1015 TEMPO 4000 SHSN BKN010

Rain at Liverpool:

LIVERPOOL EGGP 052020Z 33016G26KT 300V010 9999 -SHRA SCT031 06/00 Q1016

The ppn over Cumbria does seem to be getting more organised as it moves South, so the Midlands should see something soon. Us in the South just have to watch the radar to see how it develops.

Posted

its times like this i wish i had the radar but hubby wont let me pay for it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The ppn over Cumbria does seem to be getting more organised as it moves South, so the Midlands should see something soon. Us in the South just have to watch the radar to see how it develops.

thanks 'sno' i will let you know when it arrives if it does here in south birmingham :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
its times like this i wish i had the radar but hubby wont let me pay for it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

not as good as the NW one but here you go...

http://www.meteox.com

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Yes you did mate :o if you have radar up put st7 in just passing from me now but was real nice to watch and hear it!

Hope you and everyone else that loves some snow gets it :D

Looks like a heavy shower mate :) Can defanitly believe it was thundersnow!

Posted
is it heading my way please say yessssssssssss

Well it is north of you at the moment. I wil let you know if it heads south, should be a nice lot later tonight though as well :o

Posted

Hi all

Could someone please "brief" me on the snow situation please!Is there a trough moving down the country tonight and could my area see anything? Thanks!

Posted

thanks 'sno' i will let you know when it arrives if it does here in south birmingham :o

Cheers, always great to have an update!

Regards,

Scott.

Posted
Rain, sleet and snow really beginning to organise over Nern England across to N Wales, definate trough forming, recent METARS at 2020 UTC (2120 BST) show snow showers at Manchester and Leeds/Bradford airport:

LEEDS BRADFORD EGNM 052020Z 01010KT 350V050 9999 -SHSN FEW010 SCT040 02/M00 Q1014

MANCHESTER EGCC 052020Z 04005KT 9999 BKN047CB 02/00 Q1015 TEMPO 4000 SHSN BKN010

Rain at Liverpool:

LIVERPOOL EGGP 052020Z 33016G26KT 300V010 9999 -SHRA SCT031 06/00 Q1016

hi Nick,

Is this so called trough a new development that wasn't expected and if so do you expect it to become significant. I live in nottinghamshire and it does appear to be heading my way but none of the forecasts appear to have picked up on this, all they mention is this trough that is going into the west country and across to the south east. I'm confused. Is the developing trough the one on the forecasts and if so why are they not showing it having a more eastern extent as it does appear to stretch right across the country.

I'm new to all this and therefore confused, please can you help???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm getting a bit worried, that band of PPN the GFS shown looks like it's going to go to the west of me, if that band misses me I shall cry :o :D

Posted

Why is it that although all the showers are moving directly N-S, the 5-minute radar has always this evening extrapolated the hour or so

following the latest 5 minute slide for the showers to move NW-SE? Surely all the showers will continue their progression N-S?

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
Hi all

Could someone please "brief" me on the snow situation please!Is there a trough moving down the country tonight and could my area see anything? Thanks!

Keep an eye out of the window in about 10-15 mins...There is a big shower that looks like it will hit your area.

(This is the latest radar for West Bromwich - hope MW dont mind me posting this)

post-2587-1207429969_thumb.png

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Dry and uneventful here :/

That snowstorm over Stoke looks like staying way too far east.

Posted
Why is it that although all the showers are moving directly N-S, the 5-minute radar has always this evening extrapolated the hour or so

following the latest 5 minute slide for the showers to move NW-SE? Surely all the showers will continue their progression N-S?

from the man in west bromwich, id be surprised if you/we dont get anything in the birmingham area :o

Posted

Thanks "sno' problem" and "azores92" for your comments. More excited now than at easter becuase this event looks more widespread!

Posted
from the man in west bromwich, id be surprised if you/we dont get anything in the birmingham area :o

thats nice to hear, maybe it will pick up intensity as it hits the west of brum :D the band of precipitation is definitely more organised now. is it me, or is it ahead of schedule?

Edited by azores92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Wow that big shower is heading straight for me!

Just been out quickly for 15 minutes-

I am a tad more optimistic than earlier-

Feels Colder than i thought it would- I am guessing around 4 c-

Wilmington has 4C-

If you guys need a link to some interactive weather stations use this & use the arrows to move to your own areas-

http://www.wunderground.com/stationmaps/gm...vr=0&cams=0

You can also change the readings to Dewpoint-

Chislehurst which is local to me is @ 38F which means we need certainly colder & Drier air to get in before any ppn arrives..

Hope this helps peeps-

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Nought happening in the emerald isle at present. Have me eye on he precip. currently over western scotland, hopefully will arrive here in he early hours.

Posted
hi Nick,

Is this so called trough a new development that wasn't expected and if so do you expect it to become significant. I live in nottinghamshire and it does appear to be heading my way but none of the forecasts appear to have picked up on this, all they mention is this trough that is going into the west country and across to the south east. I'm confused. Is the developing trough the one on the forecasts and if so why are they not showing it having a more eastern extent as it does appear to stretch right across the country.

I'm new to all this and therefore confused, please can you help???

Yeah the trough is the are aof preicp that comes down tonight that the forecasters have been talking about.