Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

30 YEARS OF GLOBAL COOLING HAS ALREADY STARTED

Posted
I know.

So, where did all the CO2 put out by burning fossil fuels go? According to David not into the atmosphere since he is saying our effect on atmospheric CO2 has been 'negligible'? So, where did it go? And if not into the atmosphere where has the extra CO2 form pre industrial concentrations of ~280pp to the now ~385ppm come from?

Is CO2 a ghg?

Remember...plants love CO2 and we need CO2 for the plants to produce oxygen. Plants aborb CO2 as do the oceans. It is a very complex sink and feedback system.

Posted
Remember...plants love CO2 and we need CO2 for the plants to produce oxygen. Plants aborb CO2 as do the oceans. It is a very complex sink and feedback system.

It is - here is a reasonable primer on it.

Btw, where, iyo, has the CO2 that's caused the rise in concentration from a pre industrial ~280ppm to the present ~385ppm come from (since you do say it's not from fossil fuels?)?

Edited by Devonian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Off Topic but could we all try our best not KenR our guest? I'd like to find out where he's coming from and not try and trip him up/shoot him down in flames (in your opinion).

Very un-me but Plee-eeese? :)

Ta :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
Off Topic but could we all try our best not KenR our guest? I'd like to find out where he's coming from and not try and trip him up/shoot him down in flames (in your opinion).

Very un-me but Plee-eeese? :)

Ta :)

Agreed, thank you GW.

Whether we're pro or anti AGW, Mr. Dilley has kindly obliged to come on here and answer our questions about his work. I for one don't know a great deal about his theory or the gravitational effects of the Moon on climate, I doubt any of us do; but I certainly welcome the chance to discuss this topic and learn more.

Posted

very true GW but on the thread that Jethro kindly started for him to answer questions I have asked the same question twice but so far he has not answered; yet he answered questions following mine.

If we take up a stand point we must accept that people will question us and expect an answer to any question we may pose provided it is made politely and not as a wind up as GW mentions.

Posted
very true GW but on the thread that Jethro kindly started for him to answer questions I have asked the same question twice but so far he has not answered; yet he answered questions following mine.

If we take up a stand point we must accept that people will question us and expect an answer to any question we may pose provided it is made politely and not as a wind up as GW mentions.

Not sure of the question you are referring about, I will answer your questions.

If you are asking about where the CO2 came from, it is from a natural and very complex feedback of CO2 stored for hundreds of years, or thousands of years...at times even hundreds of thousands.

As we enter colder 80,000 year periods CO2 is aborbed into the ice and snow, trapped under and in frozen tundra, absorbed into the oceans...all as natural sinks.

As temperatures rise and bare ground appears again, lots of stored CO2 is released back into the atmosphere, and as oceans warm from deposits deep down.

Even old vegitation covered by ice and snow rots and gives off carbon dioxide.

It is a very complex system and a lot is not known about it. But every 116,000 years CO2 levels increase from about 180ppm to 300ppm or even higher.

Posted

tks GW but that was not my question, its on the thread with your avatar as heading?

bit confusing on here to start with mate but this is the link

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry1288135

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
tks GW but that was not my question, its on the thread with your avatar as heading?

bit confusing on here to start with mate but this is the link

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry1288135

Is this your questions? ..excuse my ignorance but just what correlates with what and over what time scale? So if the temperature shows a fall how near to that time scale is the magnetic or whatever variation showing similar?

are you able to show us a graph of a particular rise or fall, say the onset of the mini ice age in, what was it, the mid 1500-1600's

If this is the question, here is the answer.

The long-term gravitational cycles correlate with the long-term temperatures. By performing certain plots it can be determined within a few years when global warming will begin, and when it will end. Had 5 cycles during the past 1000 years, they all lined up with the beginning and ending of each warming cycle.

And...the gravitational cycle is now beginning the first stage of ending, as is warming with global cooling beginning. The second stage will be very dramatic, rapid deep cooling during a 5 to15 year period.

Posted

tks for that

are you able to show us a chart that demonstrates this very close correlation, ie: a chart with the gravitational cycles and the temperature cycles, say, as per my initial question, just prior to the last little Ice age or just prior to the last/this warming cycle?

Posted
tks for that

are you able to show us a chart that demonstrates this very close correlation, ie: a chart with the gravitational cycles and the temperature cycles, say, as per my initial question, just prior to the last little Ice age or just prior to the last/this warming cycle?

Not at this point in time, the book just came out. globalweathercycles.com for the book

Posted

okay if not a chart then, back to the start of the mini ice age, say 1500-1600 or about then, tell us just what the gravitational aspect was doing and how that compared to the temperature changes?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

soo? the temputures are droping in the British Isles and N.Europe last 2 years as you can see with our current July where the CET is a very low 54f. But right across the world they are continueing to rise and globably the CET is very high.

Posted
soo? the temputures are droping in the British Isles and N.Europe last 2 years as you can see with our current July where the CET is a very low 54f. But right across the world they are continueing to rise and globably the CET is very high.

Are you implying that global temperatures in the last 2 years have been rising?!

Global temperatures have dropped around 0.8c - according to satellite measurements. Temperatures have also dropped in the Hadley and GISS data series.

Edited by beng

Posted
okay if not a chart then, back to the start of the mini ice age, say 1500-1600 or about then, tell us just what the gravitational aspect was doing and how that compared to the temperature changes?

We have had 5 global warmings during the past 1000 years. Each global warming peaks as the 231 year gravitational cycle peaks, and colder inter-warming periods as associated with the troughs of the gravitational cycles.

One reason for the so called "little ice age" is that every 5th cycle of the 231 year gravitational cycle is the warmest (i.e. near 1100 AD and today). Every 5th cycle is the coolest (or less warm) global warming cycle, and this occured during the little ice age as a global warming period was not as intense as the 2 before it, and the 2 after it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Wrong, the current drop is global.

BFTP

Posted
Wrong, the current drop is global.

BFTP

It just shows, that as in this thread or the Arctic thread or the Antarctic thread or any other thread,that just because the temp rises or the Wilkins ice shelf falls apart or a glacier wax's and wanes that in the big picture of thing's everything changes and nothing stays the same. rant over :)

Posted
We have had 5 global warmings during the past 1000 years. Each global warming peaks as the 231 year gravitational cycle peaks, and colder inter-warming periods as associated with the troughs of the gravitational cycles.

One reason for the so called "little ice age" is that every 5th cycle of the 231 year gravitational cycle is the warmest (i.e. near 1100 AD and today). Every 5th cycle is the coolest (or less warm) global warming cycle, and this occured during the little ice age as a global warming period was not as intense as the 2 before it, and the 2 after it.

Are the gravitational cycles linked/caused by the sun?

Posted
Let's take the 'heat' off GWO for a moment....

Time to reopen the collieries?

http://www.houstonenergyanalyst.com/Global_Warming.html

Actuallly the link to your web page does address a big concern that is not being addressed by governments.

As Earth slips into global cooling, more energy will be needed to heat homes and buildings throughout the mid to high latitude areas.

If indeed we will be experiencing temperatures much like the 1800s, we must start planning now for energy and food supplies. Global warming periods are actually more friendly than global cooling periods.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

July CET av is currently running at about 15C = 59F...or do you mean one single day has been that low (if it has)?

And I'm afraid there's no such thing as a global CET: CET stands for Central England Temperature!! See here: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/research/hadle...bsdata/cet.html

Edited by osmposm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
Actuallly the link to your web page does address a big concern that is not being addressed by governments.

As Earth slips into global cooling, more energy will be needed to heat homes and buildings throughout the mid to high latitude areas.

If indeed we will be experiencing temperatures much like the 1800s, we must start planning now for energy and food supplies. Global warming periods are actually more friendly than global cooling periods.

GWO

When do you expect phase 2 to kick in.

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
In his e-book it says 2022-2050 for the start of the phase 2.

I'm afraid that by 2022 there will have been quite radical changes from the rapid climate shift we are now experiencing. Maybe any cooldown at that time will be strong enough to drag us back into kilter and start to lock up the inundations that will have occured by that time.