Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports October/november 2008

JRMcLeod

Posted

Snow here has now been dissolved thanks to a rain shower. Basically, we have intermittant rain, sleet and snow showers now. Curretnly moderate snow with large flakes. Certainly an interesting morning.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Heavy snow until 6.45, which left a 2/3cm covering. Then freeezing rain for an hour or so, followed by rain at 8am. Not too bad really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Just woke up to a light dusting of the white stuff on cars and house roofs - think what is coming out of the sky is more sleety now !

Posted

Had another 3-4 inches overnight on top of the snow from Fri/Sat. Temp is just above freezing and there is something ppt down - it's very fine so hard to tell what exactly it is - could be drizzle. Could only feel it because my arms & shoulders were bare.

So, a very fine total of about 7-8 inches in all. Not bad at all for November.

Posted

Had some snow in the early hours which turned to ice pellets and sleet.Ended up with about 1cm of snow and ice lying which made the roads very nasty first thing.

Posted
Had another 3-4 inches overnight on top of the snow from Fri/Sat. Temp is just above freezing and there is something ppt down - it's very fine so hard to tell what exactly it is - could be drizzle. Could only feel it because my arms & shoulders were bare.

So, a very fine total of about 7-8 inches in all. Not bad at all for November.

It wasn't drizzle. I also have 8" in my back garden - not bad for 33m asl in November! The forecast said the snow would gradually turn to rain later but it stayed as snow right through.

This cold snap has produced more snow than i expected so a great start to the season.

Posted

Started with frozen rain/snow at about 6am, which turned into snow by 7am...then rain by 9ish...and now it can't seem to decide what it's doing and we get snow one minute and rain the next. :o

Edited by Roo

Posted

Central Norfolk taking an absolute pasting since 10ish. Temperature now at highest for the day so far at 0.4

Last 2 days now matching Dec 05 easterly and 04 thundersnow for intensity and amounts.

Awesome for November!

Deepest November snows I can recall for many many years and over 3 days as well with a further 2 cold days and outside chance of wintry precipitation

Lovely!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
Central Norfolk taking an absolute pasting since 10ish. Temperature now at highest for the day so far at 0.4

Last 2 days now matching Dec 05 easterly and 04 thundersnow for intensity and amounts.

Awesome for November!

Deepest November snows I can recall for many many years and over 3 days as well with a further 2 cold days and outside chance of wintry precipitation

Lovely!

Similar here Snowmaiden. Flurries from dawn, moderate snow from 8.30 and very heavy for the last hour. Temperature has dropped from -0.6 to -1.5 °C. What was left from yesterday froze overnight and this lot is sticking to it with no problem. Several inches of lying snow now, goodness knows what we'll end up with if this keeps going much longer. Sky is very black.

Posted

Heavy snow here too, adding to the 2cm that fell last evening. There's around 5cm lying now, and the sky looks full of snow.

In addition, I woke up to 1cm of snow here yesterday morning, and further temporary coverings occurred during the day as the showers came through.

Posted

At 3am, with temp of 0ºC/-4ºC, snow was falling and settling on all surfaces as I walked home having had a few sherries in town.

Posted

Was in Central Norfolk this weekend, white out between about 5pm and 10pm on Saturday and then again Sunday morning, there was about 4-5 inches of snow on level ground on Sunday, had great fun with my three year old bulding a nowman. I must be fairly lucky, snow in October at home and now this weekend, my daughter is beginning to think it snows every other week! And its not even winter yet!

Posted

Had some snow this morning here is Banchory at 0900. Very heavy hail at 5am aswell, woke me up it was so loud.

Posted

A heavy hail shower in the lower parts of Harrogate was falling as heavy snow here, 100m more altitude. Lasted for about 10 mins but no settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A heavy snow/soft hail shower around 10-15 minutes ago, surpised it made it over the Pennines.

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
An hour of snowfall this morning which left a dusting before it turned to rain and all melted.

The same in a slightly hilly part of Highbury, North London (about 42m asl according to Google Earth) between 8 & 9 am Sunday morning.

I don't know how it was at my home's more miserly 16m asl, as for once I wasn't there! But the minimum overnight temp had been about -2C, so as the warm front moved in it probably got much the same, if even more short-lived.

Ossie

Edited by osmposm

Posted

Wintry showers here today,hail sleet and snow all thrown in and even reports of thunder and lightning. <_<

Still a light dusting on the grass here at the moment.