Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports October/november 2008

JRMcLeod

Posted

Here in theWolds just South of the A64 it's been a very snowy day. Persistent heavy showers with drifting snow on the tops and drifts of 2 feet in places. Depth up to 15cm here, but showers less persistent late this afternoon.

Roads have been very poor all day, had a trip to York this morning, with little or no snow 5 miles to the West and road conditions in and out of the village very bad this afternoon.

Posted
Continual snow showers all night and today, at least 5" deep with 12" drifts, current temp -2oC and -0.5oc in Aberdeen. Looking forward to the freezing rain and snow tonight!!!!

Yeah, i have about 5" in Aberdeen city too. Thought the snow showers would've died out by now but just had another hefty one as you will have seen if you were watching the Rugby on BBC1 earlier.

No thaw at all today except in the brief sunny intervals - sun now down so snow settlimg on all surfaces again - Christmas Card scene outside my window just now - hopefully a fwe more inches to the cover before the thaw tomorrow

Posted
Here in theWolds just South of the A64 it's been a very snowy day. Persistent heavy showers with drifting snow on the tops and drifts of 2 feet in places. Depth up to 15cm here, but showers less persistent late this afternoon.

Roads have been very poor all day, had a trip to York this morning, with little or no snow 5 miles to the West and road conditions in and out of the village very bad this afternoon.

Staxton was a little tricky at 9am just north of you. The A64 was completely covered that that point.

Posted
Yeah, i have about 5" in Aberdeen city too. Thought the snow showers would've died out by now but just had another hefty one as you will have seen if you were watching the Rugby on BBC1 earlier.

I was on a mercy dash through it - rescuing a friend, and his 2 kiddies, who seem to have mislaid their car keys and locked their house keys in the car. My husband and various friends were at the rugby - probably in the pub by now warming up, if it is finished. I'm impressed by the snowiness of this northerly, especially for November.

Posted

!C'MON CYMRU!!C'MON CYMRU!!C'MON CYMRU!!C'MON CYMRU!!C'MON CYMRU!!C'MON CYMRU!!C'MON CYMRU!!C'MON CYMRU!

Heavy Sleet this morning - but Snowdon, Elidir Fawr and Carneddau is under a thick blanket of snow - 3C here at the moment

Posted

OK, final Saturday report from central Norfolk. Heavy snow shower set in at 5pm and has kept going since so with temps down to 0.7 it is readily settling and I have perhaps 1 or 2 cm of snow settled all around which should now survive easily until the heavy stuff comes in tomorrow ahead of the rain.

Will call that it for todays report unless something dramatic happens (say 3 inches of level snow or some such!)

Posted

evening all

an update for you all, we have had snow flurries all day and in the last hour some more persistant snowfall leaving a covering, the road past the house is covered so i suspect that driving conditions through the county will be difficult.

we are expecting more snow over night, and i am poised with my camera for some pictures which i will post later or tomorrow.

LO

Posted

Had a couple of snow showers this morning between 7.30 and 8.30 which left a dusting,and also a couple of flurries later on in the morning. :good:

Posted

Snowing here, there have been a few heavier bursts which have left a covering on the usual areas (cars, grass etc)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Weather front is here with snow now. Getting heavier although still quite light. 2c at the mo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Just had the heaviest snow I have seen in a long time in Inverness, massive snowfalkes, about 1.75 inches across!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Moderate snowfall here now with decent sized flakes, settling on all surfaces.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Light snow here

So had snow in April,October and now November some year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Had Light Snow here for about an hour and a half. A dusting at best.

Posted

Things just got alot more interesting here, much heavier falls now adding to the dusting we have already seen in the last half hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Turned to rain around 6.10, but a nice dusting until then

Posted

A few light showers this morning, giving a sporadic dusting on a few surfaces (car roofs etc). Nothing settling on the roads.

Just had a strange shower. What looked like sleet, but sounded more like ice pellets and snow.

Posted

woke to dusting at 0700hrs, snow turned heavier now,without venturing out would say about 2cm laying.

not a bad birthday present.... :)

Posted

mainly light snow since around 7.45am this morning with the odd moderate burst. Light covering on the pavement, cars and roofs.