Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Who Has Had No Snow At All

jy

Posted

Not seen any snow what I call "REALL" snow for a few years none of this oOo I got 1cm of snow dusting lark:( And as for this recent event nothing absolutly nothing and absolutly gutted too. *sniff* :angry:

Posted

Nothing at all in South East Essex as well, missed the October Snow as it stalled over Hertfordshire and we got zero Precip, missed all the Snow around the 23-35th November and had some sleet a few sundays ago, nothing laying for a long time now, and I am barring Lowestoft and Dover pretty damn far to the East, so for those in the West not everyone towards the East has had Snow!

Paul S

Posted

Nothing at all down here as usual. :angry: All we've had is a few mins of sleety rain when it was still dark last tuesday morning. In fact November came in just above average here..

last time I saw settling snow here was March 2006 which was just a dusting. before that Nov 05 was quite good in places round here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Rain changed to snow very briefly in the October event. However it's debatable whether it was pure snow or if there was rain mixed in. Other than that there has been no more in lowland Cheltenham. Nevertheless it's reassuring to be close to the Cotswolds; there was a covering on the tops of the hills in October and the MetOffice map reports an average of 13-17 days of lying snow per year.

Edited by 03jtrickey

Posted

If you mean the great Wednesday 3/12/08 into Thursday 4/12/08 well overhyped BBC late weather forecast snowstorm over much of mainland England and Scotland...

WHAT SNOW??

Nothing here in Solihull except for wind and rain. I had a couple of people ask me on Wednesday night saying if we would get a deep snowfall down here. (8cm predicted) Both excited, no work as everything would as per usual grind to a halt.

Imagine how stupid I felt on Thursday afternoon when the footpaths looked more like swimming pools as opposed to ski ramps then got a txt message saying, "Where's the snow"? :D How could I answer that but to don't ever believe the BBC. (Should have mentioned the great Michael Fish October 1987 storm thing but declined). :D

But well done Yaaaaarkshire and Cumbria (ish!). Hope all 2,900 homes ooop Narth now have your power back after all that SNOW!! :D

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

well ayr here in western scotland :D got nienti ,zilch snow this week i went up to inverness and aberdeen on wednesday and stayed in perth which got snow wed night nut it was slush by 8am on thursday it was well over hyped mind u it was rain at +0.5*c and the weather man said 0.5 less and it would have been snow!!

Posted
well ayr here in western scotland :cold: got nienti ,zilch snow this week i went up to inverness and aberdeen on wednesday and stayed in perth which got snow wed night nut it was slush by 8am on thursday it was well over hyped mind u it was rain at +0.5*c and the weather man said 0.5 less and it would have been snow!!

I've not seen any snow falling in Bedford this autumn/winter but saw some snow on cars that had travelled into Bedford from MK/Northants/Luton etc on the morning of 29 October.

If only John Hammond on BBC forecast on Wednesday evening didn't wave his arms about like mad in forecasting something wonderful in your area even on low ground like it was with 100% confidence, where it turned out to be heavy rain instead they never even even hinted, it might not have felt so bad for all the folk from the areas that got none at all.

But you get used to it after all these years let down by incorrect weather forecasts for your area. The weather systems with snow that missed you that it was more a clipping the east coast coming from the direct north event (at least you know there's 99.99% chance of missing you in inland areas such as Forth Valley being blocked by the high hills and mountains, a wonderful bonus if you even get even get a light dusting and above the wind temporarily veering NE, but nothing falling at all is nothing lost) is not disappointing compared to weather system from a direction you're exposed to comes through and turns out to be a torrential rain throughout the entire event that was supposedly meant to be all snow even at low levels and it's 100% bitter disappointment for everybody who eagerly anticipated the snow, and many of those have not even seen a flake in their area for years.

The BBC ought to get the detail correct now in terms of who's going to miss out with such modern advanced technology at their disposal now compared to way back in the 1970's and 1980's. For the BBC to dress up Wednesday night/Thursday's wintry system as a 100% snow event everywhere in the north whatever level in relation to sea level when it was clearly very very marginal was very shameful. They could have avoided such anger for those anticipating the snow.

Edited by david16

well ayr here in western scotland :lol: got nienti ,zilch snow this week i went up to inverness and aberdeen on wednesday and stayed in perth which got snow wed night nut it was slush by 8am on thursday it was well over hyped mind u it was rain at +0.5*c and the weather man said 0.5 less and it would have been snow!!

It's not the fact that it didn't snow that was the problem. The main problem was that the many people who love the snow were promised by the BBC weather it would snow heavily for a few hours Wednesday night into Thursday even on low levels, not even a mention of rain at all, but it did rain heavily throughout that let so many people down.

What Wednesday night/Thursday's fiasco for many many (who missed out after being promised) shows that even now they can't even get the small detail correct. OK, it's only 0.5C out, but 0.5C the wrong way, and when temperatures hovering around freezing it makes such a massive difference, and it magnifies their error.

Edited by david16

Posted
Down here in South Devon, snow is an unknown word......is it a swear word?

Hi A.C. Welcome to the forum :lol:

Would you mind putting your location into your avatar for us please, to enable

the other member to recognise where you are a from

Thank you.

Posted

:lol: Snow............what is snow? :lol: Nah nothing here in Swindon, in fact nothing ever happens weatherwise here.

Posted
Down here in South Devon, snow is an unknown word......is it a swear word?

Am also in South Devon and agree that snow is a little tricky to come by down here, got snowed in here several times as a child though (several times in 80's)

alas no more it would seem :lol: :lol:

Posted

Not a single flake of snow here, surprising really considering the amount of snow about in the lakes & the borders.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Not a pesky flake B) :D B) :D:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Posted

Well from the Latest Output on the Models etc It looks like I might just scrape through the 1st 3rd of Winter without seeing Snow, granted something might happen between Xmas and New Year if a new pattern emerges but the facts are there that South East Essex has not seen Snow in the Coldest Start to a Winter in nearly 30 years, in fact it is still February 8th since anything settled around these here parts.

Roll on 2009 :cold::doh: