Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Chat

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Low of - 4.6c last night with a severe hoar frost, temp currently up to -0.8c with hazy sunshine, no more frosts forecast here for a while ,but it's been amazing since boxing day with 14 air frosts out of 15 days, 5 ice days and a max temp of 4c (28th Dec) and a minimum of -8.3c (5th Jan)

Posted

-1.4 at the moment, and tiny white flakes floasting around (drizzle?). Don't remember it being this cold on yesterdays forecast! Anyway if it means we hang onto this cold spell for a little while longer, it's alright with me! :D

Posted

Currently -1.6c after an overnight low of -6.7c which is the lowest recorded temperature in Portsmouth since 1979 (according to the local paper).

Visiblility is quite poor, the Isle of Wight has disappeared from view but Gosport is still just about visible!

Sky is hazy, no precipitation yet.

Matt

Posted

what happened to the mild temperatures its 4c now and sunny it was sopposed to be raining all day, it did rain for about 1 hour but know its cleared away cwe were forecast for 9c and its 4c so maybe the maybe the mild weather is only going to last today and tomorrow with maxes at around 6c at its highest and then the temperatures might drop to around oc agin!

Posted

It's amazing how long this cold spell is holding on for. It looks as if the final day of it is actually going to be the coldest, especially for southern areas of england.

I live in south west London and woke up to find a winter wonderland with a severe frost, a thin blanket of snow, as well as thick freezing fog. Temperatures got down to around -5C last night here and it is looking as if there is going to be a widespread ice day - perhaps the coldest day for many years.

Posted

-1.1 here, has been as high as -0.9! Sun out but frost persisting, possible Ice day although I wouldn't be surprised if we got to positive territory by 2ish

Down to -4 overnight - bitterly cold this morning as I went into town, beautiful hoar frost though which is mainly intact

A very cold end to a very cold spell of weather since Christmas.

Posted

Hi all

had a very hard frost this mornign and had a low of -6.2c last night

its current very cold, frosty and misty, but the sun is burning threw

temp -1.7c

Dewpoint -2.6c

Humidity 94%

pressure 1026.1mb

have a good day

Posted
having sat at around -4c for the past umpteen hours, my temp appears to have dropped below -5c ???? anyone in this area able to back this up ????

Yes - I am about 10 miles west of St Albans in the Chiltern Hills and I am currently sitting on -5°C.

The Met Office sites at High Wycombe and Luton were on -5°C and -4°C respectively at 1200hrs.

Edited by Nick H

Posted

The coldest night of the winter here with a minimum temperature of -2.8C.

It is now overcast with a strong wind, but bitterly cold at just -1.1C. The maximum temperature so far is -0.9C.

Can we get the first ice day of the winter or will the mild move in before?

Posted

Looking good for our 2nd ice day on the trot down here. After a high of -1.2 yesterday with freezing fog for most of the day its currently -1.1 here now! :lol:

Current Obs:

Temp: -1.1

DP: -3

Windchill: -6

Humidity: 90%

Weather: Mostly Cloudy, Fog now lifted.

Matt :p

Posted

This is turning into a memorable day here today. A minimum of -6.2C last night was my lowest on record for this site without snowcover, and a short while ago its at -2C. Sunshine this morning melted the frost on the shed roof, but misty low cloud has since come over and now I have a lovely display of icicles where the melting frost froze again. Absolutely superb.

Posted

Was this weather predicted, because I certainly don't remember seeing the models forecast such low temperatures - could any of the more experienced members correct me if im wrong.

Has anyone got the temperature charts for today and last night?

Posted

It has been an amazing spell of weather and once again the BEEB will have to revise temps down again for today and having looked at the temps across the country currently , they will have to revise some of the night time minima for a time in the south east before the mild weather arrives .

Minus 2 was forecast for east anglia tonight i would expect some minus 5 temps before the mild pushes in great stuff :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Certainly going to pass the football cold winter test.

Thick coat needed yes

Gloves needed yes

Two pairs of socks needed yes

Still cold at the end of the game despite this. Yes.