165 members have voted

1. 1. How Will The Easterly Affect Your Location

• England
    • Scotland
    • Ireland
    • Wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

lol :lol: , this question hasnt been asked in a while!!

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

And as the 06z is forgotten and the 12z run is much better now. as dale winton would say bring on the wall"s. I say let"s bring on the ramp NOWWWW :lol: :lol: :lol: B)

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I LOVE YOU GFS 12Z , now don't do your usual GFS and downgrade as you do TIME AND TIME AGAIN

Posted
If it's too good to be true, then it is...

Very true! This will not happen :lol:

Posted

What a superb run and essembles. Time to pop down to the local over 60"s club and jump up on stage and warn them. The beasterley is comeing take cover. They will go mad they will be grabing there electronic weel chairs straight to asda"s and stocking up. :)

Posted

I honestly believe Yorkshire and Norwhich for the best snow potentioal

Posted
What's this then?

I'll say it again as its falling on DEAF ears...

TV FORECASTS!

Anyhoo Come on ecm , give us the goods :)

Posted

I CANT BELIEVE THIS, DONCASTER IN THE FIREIN LINE, snow all monday, tuesday and wednesday on 12z gfs chart WITH max of 0c-1c, winds of 30mph :):) :) :):D:D , is this the one that weve all been waiting for ???????

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted
I CANT BELIEVE THIS, DONCASTER IN THE FIREIN LINE, snow all monday, tuesday and wednesday on 12z gfs chart WITH max of 0c-1c, winds of 30mph :):):):):D:D , is this the one that weve all been waiting for ???????

Am i the only one that finds the snow forecasts totally un-accurate and not even worth looking at?

Posted
Am i the only one that finds the snow forecasts totally un-accurate and not even worth looking at?

sorry ive got a bit carried away there, potentialy it could get that bad, with the lake affect, where i live, easterlies have delieverd alot with past experiance

Posted

Joe the plumber :) from Accuweather is going for a very cold Feb. Remember, he got the last very cold period correct. Enjoy :)

ANOTHER HARSH BLOW FROM WINTER COLD COMING TO EUROPE!

The major blocking developing over the Northern Hemisphere means another round of severe cold is going to engulf Europe. The current pattern of storms, and milder weather, will break to a much colder pattern as the block backs west and arctic air comes south into Scandinavia and then spreads out. This will make this the coldest winter for Europe as a whole in years.

This time, if one wants to find fault, it may be that I was slow in the cold coming. While I believe the worst of the cold is probably a couple of weeks away, the development of the much colder pattern will be in full swing next week. So while the coldest may be two to three weeks away, the turn to colder is coming quicker.

I am hopeful that such sharp reminders of the cold will encourage the populace not to accept without question the idea that our planet has a global crisis caused by warming, and instead arm themselves with knowledge from all sources, including... and this is radical, the actual weather. My opinion of course is that this is just the start of what will become a more frequent occurrence in 10-20 years and beyond, and I am open about that, but I do understand as finite being dealing with the infinite I could be wrong. Moral is, look for yourself, and I am confident you will see the reason for the skepticism in many of us. I think that is what weather like what is coming can help us with, if we are open-minded.

Open minds, warm hearts, and plenty of warm clothes is what is needed in the upcoming few weeks for most of Europe.

I am not monitoring forecast ideas, but it will be interesting to see if various euro government agencies are as hyped up about the coming cold as I am. This looks formidable, at least in my book.

Thanks for reading. Ciao for now.

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Joe the plumber :) from Accuweather is going for a very cold Feb. Remember, he got the last very cold period correct. Enjoy :)

The major blocking developing over the Northern Hemisphere means another round of severe cold is going to engulf Europe. The current pattern of storms, and milder weather, will break to a much colder pattern as the block backs west and arctic air comes south into Scandinavia and then spreads out. This will make this the coldest winter for Europe as a whole in years...

Hang on, didn't he keep forecasting a severe cold plunge for Europe and then keep putting it back and putting it back until it just didn't happen?

Posted

Hi guys im new here, ive seen alot of ramping but all i need to know is will it snow in cardiff? ? ?

Posted

What a cracking 12z by the GFS.

Really marvellous run, any snow fans complaining after such a great run really must be crazy.

UKMO looking rather good and so does the ECM.

Looks like we've got the potential now for an area of heavy snow to move in from the east and at worst it will be followed by high pressure sinking

over the UK keeping things chilly so no complaints from me tonight.

Posted
Hang on, didn't he keep forecasting a severe cold plunge for Europe and then keep putting it back and putting it back until it just didn't happen?

Nope, he got the last cold period spot on.

Posted

I voted England obviously. But also parts of Scotland may get a battering.

The basic principle of an easterly is the further west the less chance of seeing significant snow (except for once in a blue moon events.)

Posted
Joe the plumber :) from Accuweather is going for a very cold Feb. Remember, he got the last very cold period correct. Enjoy :D

Open minds, warm hearts, and plenty of warm clothes is what is needed in the upcoming few weeks for most of Europe.

I am not monitoring forecast ideas, but it will be interesting to see if various euro government agencies are as hyped up about the coming cold as I am. This looks formidable, at least in my book.

Thanks for reading. Ciao for now.

I'm not falling for his comments , they didn't work out at christmas did they :) I'm not to worried about whats to come in that range anyway. We haven't had a decent snow event in leicester for years and years and it looks like monday and tuesday will deliver some decent settled snow. And it will stick around for at least 3 days so plenty of snowman building and sledging to be had. If this downgrades now for monday and tuesday then it will be the biggest let down in history. I just hope were not all sat on here on monday and tuesday looking at +144 charts instead of being at the park with our kids enjoying the weather .

Nope, he got the last cold period spot on.

He didn't .. he didn't get the greenland pressure rise correct as it never really made it properly and he also said at christmas that it would put us into a servere cold spell lasting most of the winter. After the initial easterly the high built over the uk not greenland.

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted
I'm not falling for his comments , they didn't work out at christmas did they :) I'm not to worried about whats to come in that range anyway. We haven't had a decent snow event in leicester for years and years and it looks like monday and tuesday will deliver some decent settled snow. And it will stick around for at least 3 days so plenty of snowman building and sledging to be had. If this downgrades now for monday and tuesday then it will be the biggest let down in history. I just hope were not all sat on here on monday and tuesday looking at +144 charts instead of being at the park with our kids enjoying the weather .

As things stand at the moment I think Leicestershire should do good out of this.

You say you hav'nt ha a decent snow event for 3 years? This suprises me.

I hope it comes your way anyway.

Posted
As things stand at the moment I think Leicestershire should do good out of this.

You say you hav'nt ha a decent snow event for 3 years? This suprises me.

I hope it comes your way anyway.

Cheers mate . Where abouts are you from ? We have had a couple of snow events since 2000 but it is always hardly anything and melted in a couple of hours.

Edited by snowmadchrisuk

Posted

I'm really excited. New to the forum, I'd like to say hi to all users. I'm a snow lover, a fanatic, but living in Liverpool, snow is as rare as hens teeth.

I'm aware that the east will be the main recipients from Sunday, but would like to hear the regulars tell me the snow will move as far west as me!!

Cheers all, I've been preaching to all and sundry in work, (you know, the weather heathens) that we may get some decent snow on Monday/Tuesday! tell me I'm right and I'll be smiling into my strongbow!! :D

HAIL SEIZER!

where abouts in liverpool mate? im in aigburth. we had some decent snow almost blizzard like the week before last if i remember rightly but it melted in about an hour or two just our luck!

Im not holding my breath, though there is talk for a little snow tuesday into wednesday.Most on here will say its an easterly event mainly and im not one to argue as im a newbee too but id like to think we will get some.heres hoping!