• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Latest GFS output still shows that, when the heavier precipitation arrives tomorrow afternoon (about 3 p.m.), it will be sleet and rain over EA / SE.

Hope that's wrong; BBC forecasts this morning show a few hours of snow before it turns to rain about 6 p.m. in my neck of the woods.

Real knife edge stuff! In the meantime, lots to look forward to later today / tomorrow morning!

Edited by Chalk Serpent

Posted
If the various foreign based radars are to be believed the serious snow should start in some parts of East Anglia around 10:30 and in Kent an hour later. I reckon Norwich , Great Yarmouth , Cromer area to bit hit first.

Here in N Norfolk the snow started around 9am and it's continued to do so since. Yay :D

Posted

if this pans out in the next 36 hrs as the models suggest then we shuld see the most snow since 1991 here in london ( more than the thames streamer of jan 2003, thunder snow 2004 and the easterly of 2005) it may not be as severe in length or actually cold temps as Feb 91 but its been a heck of a wait i mean 19 bloody years............ and to think over the last 7 years from bbc snow watch to this forum the amount of times our hopes have been cruely dashed. well here in sutton i cant wait . i may take a trip to the downs tomorrow or banstead but what ever the week pans out or if we get those ECM T168 from yesterday to verify enjoy this snow and if you have kids take a sickie from work and enjoy it with the kids as the next time you may be in your 60's !!!!!

Posted
light flurries here now :rolleyes:

Yay! A snow report from Essex! This has to happen, I want to prove my other half completely wrong!!

On and off here still, moderate at times, trying it's best to settle but needs to be just a little heavier!

10:00 AM High res net weather radar showing a line of convergence developing over Suffolk out in to the Estuary- A small hook back SE- hardly major on the radar- but its the signs that things are starting to fire up out to the East-

Also PPN looking nice over North norfolk at the moment---

Dont forget Country file weather at 10:55-

S

Posted
Latest GFS output still shows that, when the heavier precipitation arrives tomorrow afternoon (about 3 p.m.), it will be sleet and rain over EA / SE.

Hope that's wrong; BBC forecasts this morning show a few hours of snow before it turns to rain about 6 p.m. in my neck of the woods.

Real knife edge stuff! In the meantime, lots to look forward to later today / tomorrow morning!

My 'gut-feeling' is that precipitation will be mainly sleet & rain in the extreme SE (Kent, Essex & E Sussex) it's quite often the case with this sort of set-up, especially near the coast!

Posted
My 'gut-feeling' is that precipitation will be mainly sleet & rain in the extreme SE (Kent, Essex & E Sussex) it's quite often the case with this sort of set-up, especially near the coast!

Unlikely theres no chance of that with the upper air temps, snow for all, the only chance for rain or sleet is if the mild sector comes in late tomorrow evening.

Posted
if this pans out in the next 36 hrs as the models suggest then we shuld see the most snow since 1991 here in london ( more than the thames streamer of jan 2003, thunder snow 2004 and the easterly of 2005) it may not be as severe in length or actually cold temps as Feb 91 but its been a heck of a wait i mean 19 bloody years............ and to think over the last 7 years from bbc snow watch to this forum the amount of times our hopes have been cruely dashed. well here in sutton i cant wait . i may take a trip to the downs tomorrow or banstead but what ever the week pans out or if we get those ECM T168 from yesterday to verify enjoy this snow and if you have kids take a sickie from work and enjoy it with the kids as the next time you may be in your 60's !!!!!

I think you will have to keep everything crossed!!

Unlikely theres no chance of that with the upper air temps, snow for all, the only chance for rain or sleet is if the mild sector comes in late tomorrow evening.

I really hope you are right Nick!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Hi Nick

I think we're all a bit nervous over in the extreme E/SE because the GFS ppn charts continually show the mild sector invading early tomorrow afternoon (just as the heavier ppn comes in!) turning the snow to sleet / rain down here.

Hope it is much later on as you say!

Edited by Chalk Serpent

Posted

Wrong :):)

Clouds getting deeper and Snow Grains falling, can now see breaks off the Estuary and Clouds heights starting to build

Paul S

Posted
I think you will have to keep everything crossed!!

I really hope you are right Nick!

The really cold air hasn't even reached the se yet, any sleety showers earlier on will change to snow very quickly as that very cold upper air moves in, don't worry you will see snow, as I said though the only concern is what happens to the milder sector associated with that low pressure coming up from France and this could change things over later tomorrow but before then no worries. :)