Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Mondy

Posted
Tuesday is the day for us

My God, Eastern England looks like it's in for an absolute pasting!! Lucky gits :lol:

The bulk of Western Scotland looks like missing out. Same old story, when it's raining us folk in the West get soaked and when it snows it's the Eastern side that gets it all. I'm moving house!

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
My God, Eastern England looks like it's in for an absolute pasting!! Lucky gits :)

The bulk of Western Scotland looks like missing out. Same old story, when it's raining us folk in the West get soaked and when it snows it's the Eastern side that gets it all. I'm moving house!

yes i feel they really will get it bad for a time can see this one being mentioned for years to come in the media. wonder if Gordon brown

will declare a emergency and claim to save the poor folks of eastern england

Posted
My God, Eastern England looks like it's in for an absolute pasting!! Lucky gits :)

This one looks a lot different to normal though : some will certainly get through to the west. :)

Posted
This one looks a lot different to normal though : some will certainly get through to the west. :)

yes my hope is some will get through to us in lanarkshire. will be watching carefully tomorrow night onwards unless the met-office

change there mind again??

Posted
770-475-METE_RGB-12-12-1_europa1500m-ano_0902011445.gif

Those are snow showers off the east coast of england moving towards us ?

wanna phone the met-office and let them know :D cus they aint really reporting anything on met-office nice to see updated information

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ice and snow, heat and sun!
yes i feel they really will get it bad for a time can see this one being mentioned for years to come in the media. wonder if Gordon brown

will declare a emergency and claim to save the poor folks of eastern england

Yes, send for Flash Gordon, Saviour of the Universe!!

Anyway, to respond to a few posts on here about likely locations for snow, I feel that the immediate east coast might be disappointed due to the surface being warmed by the North Sea, temps are currently around 6 or 7C. Inland and with a little altitude however will be a different story as thicknesses, dew points and 850 temps are well suited to snowfall. I would say any land over 100m is at risk, and over 20 miles from the coast even lower ground would get it.

As far as favoured locations and amounts, jury still out, but I would say the Eastern Grampians, as well as the Border hills and Perthshire Hills are near certs for a bit of a pasting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

looks like snow for us until midnight then dry for a few hours then more snow by 4am :D

tuesday looks best though and if it stays cold enough we could have tonnes by wednesday :D

currently dry but very cloudy looks like showers will keep going this evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

I thought it looked ok for us in the west around midnight into tomorrow going by the 06z run. 12z is due out around now so will be interesting to see what that is suggesting! Definetly midweek is the time for us. We need to hope for that North Easterly as well to develop then we will get absolutely battered!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

is it likely to snow at about 70m above sea level and about 10 miles inland (bearing in mind that we have a 500m hill south west of us?

Posted

so i see the met-office has updated for the whole of Scotland for a be aware wed-thur

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...ings.html?day=5

Guest Shetland Coastie

Woohoo! Severe weather warning for Weds/Thurs up here now for heavy snow! This event seems to upgrading the nearer we get to it and it looks more and more like everyone is going to get something out of this. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
is it likely to snow at about 70m above sea level and about 10 miles inland (bearing in mind that we have a 500m hill south west of us?

You must have a good chance at some point in the next 24 hours and beyond. My Brother-In-Law and his family live near Freuchie and sometimes have snow when I don't. The last shower here was of graupel. though the temperature still has to drop a bit for proper snow.

Posted

The low pressure will move up to these parts overnight Monday - I think many of us will get more than we think. Besides, it's cooler up here too than down south so the colder air mixing with the low pressure system is all condusive for a right good covering!

Posted
You must have a good chance at some point in the next 24 hours and beyond. My Brother-In-Law and his family live near Freuchie and sometimes have snow when I don't. The last shower here was of graupel. though the temperature still has to drop a bit for proper snow.

It's been dry here for sevweral hours now, still overcast and still to see the first flurry.

-10° 850T is projected to make landfall around 6pm, should definitely see some flurries by then I'd imagine.

Posted

First small snow shower just drifting in from the east, temp 2c and mostly sunny today but cloud built up this afternoon and is becoming increasingly snowy looking. I thought we would stay dry during daylight hours today.

Posted

We've actually had the first few flurries at ground level already today, although not lying yet. The hills are all white though (I can see Lochnagar(1155m) from my house and it's covered in snow) More please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

we've had light snow grains here for the last half hour falling from the stratocumulus coming of the north sea , current temp is 3.8C.

And yep it's good too see Scotland with the early wanrning now with a possibility of drifting snow! :(

no school on tuesday by the looks of it , yipeee!! :doh:

Posted
We've actually had the first few flurries at ground level already today, although not lying yet. The hills are all white though (I can see Lochnagar(1155m) from my house and it's covered in snow) More please!

Your in for a treat this week!

Keep us updated on the conditions at Ballater - despite a possible milder few days on Tuesday and Wednesday that will not affect Ballater and I expect some signifiant accumulations there by the weekend.

Posted
we've had light snow grains here for the last half hour falling from the stratocumulus coming of the north sea , current temp is 3.8C.

And yep it's good too see Scotland with the early wanrning now with a possibility of drifting snow! :(

no school on tuesday by the looks of it , yipeee!! :doh:

well lucky u there still no snow here yet :(

Posted
Your in for a treat this week!

Keep us updated on the conditions at Ballater - despite a possible milder few days on Tuesday and Wednesday that will not affect Ballater and I expect some signifiant accumulations there by the weekend.

Thanks for that info Zerouali; I really hope so, I was getting a bit discouraged by some of the other posts with predictions of everything turning to rain! I've got the fire on and fingers crossed! :)