Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Mondy

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
Incidentally - great idea to have separate snow threads for the different regions of the UK - it can get a bit chaotic otherwise.

And I did suggest it last year.

Agreed, by the look of things the BBC are talking about an Extreem snow event hapening for the south east of England, so in the short term all the guys on the forum from down there will be posting by the second :D

We will also get our turn in the next few days. :D

Big Innes.

Posted

Bit of an upgrade on the Meto site at 12:01 for Edinburgh. Was a mixture of snow and sleet but they are now going for more snow from tonight through to Tuesday.

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

I'm in dundee at the moment and its raining .... quite heavily too. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
I'm in dundee at the moment and its raining .... quite heavily too. :rolleyes:

Dont wory Amanda, Dundee will soon have snow along with much of the east coast of the UK.

Big Innes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
met have updated!! we're in there now!!!

Amanda,

I am just West of Dundee and during that shower the temp here dropped from 4.1C to 3.3C with some sleet and graupel type precipitation in the heavier bursts. Now stopped but the temp is not rising so hoping the next lot will move further towards snow, possible I would say at least away from the coast. Might need a bit longer for Carnoustie though.

Anyway here's hoping.

Nor.

Posted

Just a bit of light drizzle here at the moment but we are far to warm for anything else right now.

I expect a few toys will be flying out of prams in parts of the SE, looking at the Meto warnings now.

Posted
UK regions:

Northern Ireland

Central, Tayside & Fife

SW Scotland, Lothian & Borders

Wales

Strathclyde

South West England

Grampian

Highlands & Eilean Siar

Heavy Snow Tue 3 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting northern and western parts of the United Kingdom on Tuesday. Cold weather with snow showers, heavy at times could give further significant accumulations in places, with the greatest amounts most likely over higher ground on east facing coasts.

Issued at: 1207 Sun 1 Feb

grr at met office as usall putting us down with the highlands, what the highlands and what we get eilean siar can be to completely differnt things.

Posted
Just a bit of light drizzle here at the moment but we are far to warm for anything else right now.

I expect a few toys will be flying out of prams in parts of the SE, looking at the Meto warnings now.

The thing is they don't make any sense, as all these areas are forecast snow tonight. I know where I'd rather be at the moment despite our warning <_<

Posted

It's going to be a red flash warning apparently. Someone called the meto to find out.

As for where I'd rather be - I lived in London for 13 years and hated it. Not even snow could make me want to go back!

Posted
It's going to be a red flash warning apparently. Someone called the meto to find out.

As for where I'd rather be - I lived in London for 13 years and hated it. Not even snow could make me want to go back!

you're going to red flash us? :)

yup I agree with you regarding London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Now looking quite good for the next 36 hours but I am a bit concerned at the temps for later Tuesday and Wednesday. Looks a bit warm, at least near the coast with no altitude. Cooler again from Thursday. No idea what is going to happen from next weekend though.

Posted

What are the Meto playing at ?

Are they unsure as to what Scotland is due ? I mean how can the west coast get a dumping but, the east and central areas not ? (just judging by their colour maps)...

I still think we're in for a pasting...

[edit - they've changed it again - now its Tuesday ?]

Posted
These MetO warnings are all over the place at the moment, now it's just western Scotland and Aberdeen all on its own! (as well as England and Wales) covered on Monday.

Looks like the area of red is about to be extended.

Posted
What are the Meto playing at ?

Are they unsure as to what Scotland is due ? I mean how can the west coast get a dumping but, the east and central areas not ? (just judging by their colour maps)...

I still think we're in for a pasting...

[edit - they've changed it again - now its Tuesday ?]

Best to wait a while until they've settled down, they can't decide :doh:

Posted

Light snow shower here lasted about 5 mins. Prob the best ill get here until mid week. :doh:

Current temp 2.6c ,dew point -2c.

Posted

Small shower of something icy while I was out making sure the birds had some good stuff to eat. Temp is slowly falling as well.

The Meto warnings are changing pretty rapidly - to be expected as new information comes it - things can change rapidly in this sort of situation. It all adds to the interest!

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m
Some sleet 30 mins ago. Bitter already.

been watching these forums since the start of winter and would like to add how disappointed i have been in the weather forecasting

from the met-office. strathclyde area always being downgraded do we get no fun? as for snow i honestly cant see anything coming our

way in and around the strathclyde area we seem to just get extreme rain these days however i remain hopefull :lol: