Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Mondy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

when and where are these showers expected to make landfall?

oh, too late (i think)

i can see snow to the east of here coming down heavily :doh:

gritters just went past twice

i think it might be interesting for tomorow morning as well as the obvious tuesday snow (if it stays cold enough) here

Posted
when and where are these showers expected to make landfall?

oh, too late (i think)

i can see snow to the east of here coming down heavily :rolleyes:

gritters just went past twice

i think it might be interesting for tomorow morning as well as the obvious tuesday snow (if it stays cold enough) here

That wasn't snow, it was sleet at best!

Guest Shetland Coastie

Cold air arriving up here as well as the temp starts to fall, currently 4.1C and the all important dewpoint almost at freezing at 0.7C :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

sleety granules

looks like there is more where that came from though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ice and snow, heat and sun!
We've actually had the first few flurries at ground level already today, although not lying yet. The hills are all white though (I can see Lochnagar(1155m) from my house and it's covered in snow) More please!

Hi Saperlo, and welcome to the forum (i.e. the madhouse!).

I lived in Ballater (the Pass) for a while, left about 2 years ago to move to Perthshire. Before that was in Huntly for over 20 years. Likely to move back to Ballater when house here is sold, so nice to have a fellow enthusiast locally. Keep in touch.

You should get a decent dump of snow up there from this.

Posted

are the met office likely to ramp up our warnings at some point in the next 12 hours??

Posted
are the met office likely to ramp up our warnings at some point in the next 12 hours??

Wouldn't be surprised if they did - it's all eyes on the low pressure system moving north by Monday evening. Any snowfall we get before is just a bonus.

Posted

Delta - can you remember the dumping we got a couple of years back in Stirling - March I think it was....what kind of system brought that ? Was it warmer air from the west meeting the cold air over us, or, was it what we are looking at here ?

All I can remember is waking up on the Sunday morning and having over a foot of snow :lol:

Posted
Delta - can you remember the dumping we got a couple of years back in Stirling - March I think it was....what kind of system brought that ? Was it warmer air from the west meeting the cold air over us, or, was it what we are looking at here ?

All I can remember is waking up on the Sunday morning and having over a foot of snow :lol:

I remember it well. An easterly caused it. Rainfall to begin then the wet bulb lowered and snowed for hours overnight. I suspect by tomorrow evening same again.

Posted
I remember it well. An easterly caused it. Rainfall to begin then the wet bulb lowered and snowed for hours overnight. I suspect by tomorrow evening same again.

That's my thinking as well - I cant help thinking the Meto are seriously underestimating what's heading towards us...

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

i think tomorrow the met-office will update warnings for the whole of Scotland at the moment i don't think they know what to expect

just yet. i suspect they will increase the warnings

Posted
it seems very complicated at the moment as to what exactly going to happen.

not saying for sure but i reckon if they suspect it yet cant prove it just yet. i think they will issue a warning anyway just to be on the safe side

Posted
Thanks for that info Zerouali; I really hope so, I was getting a bit discouraged by some of the other posts with predictions of everything turning to rain! I've got the fire on and fingers crossed! :)

Yes it wil turn to rain in Aberdeen, but not Ballater.

Posted

we still have an early warning out for tuesday with '20-30cm possible'!!!

Posted

I think we're all looking too soon for the heavy white stuff.

Let the southern softies enjoy there day as a snowflake or two falls - we'll get the real stuff soon enough :D

:)

Posted

looks like the intensity of the showers in the north sea has increased a bit according to the current radar-maybe a little snow tonight here? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Hi cwpiper

Don't have access to NW radar details, which site are you using?

Would be great to know if we can expect anything here in eastern lowlands/Fife tonight?

Ta

Karen

Posted
heavy clouds, breeze picking up in Edinburgh :D

Yip that cold air is comming in now! I'm in the city center just about, on campus at the Kings Buildings and the weather station here is now at

Tair:0.4 C

Tdew: -4.6C!