Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Scotland

Mondy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

if you believe the gfs then we're looking at quite a bit of snow sunday into monday (here at least) and monday night into tuesday looks quite promising also.

uksnowrisk.png

why is the met office still insisting on not putting any kind of warning out for us with these kinds of charts??!!

Posted

The GFS has showed this for days on end now...who knows :)

As for the Met Offce..is a forecast really needed from them nowadays considering the awful / bland forecasts we view .

At best they are useless, at worst they are embarrasssing.

I mean it's a sad state when even the forecasters themselves have a fan base - makes you wonder just how much more carp they spew to please their followers.

:)

Anyway, snow soon..I smell it :)

Edited by Delta X-Ray

Posted

I guarantee you that over the next seven days somewhere on the east coast of Scotland will record the highest snowfall in the uk and sea level. It is and always will have the greatest amount of snowfall due to its locality.

Posted
I guarantee you that over the next seven days somewhere on the east coast of Scotland will record the highest snowfall in the uk and sea level. It is and always will have the greatest amount of snowfall due to its locality.

The +120 Fax from the Met supports my above comments.

Posted

Any guesses as to where you think this could happen mountain shadow?

I'm crap at reading Fax charts but the wind seems a bit too direct from the North so places south of Stonehaven would be dry? Although I notice some fronts moving down..... as I said, I'm not good with Fax charts!

Posted
Any guesses as to where you think this could happen mountain shadow?

I'm crap at reading Fax charts but the wind seems a bit too direct from the North so places south of Stonehaven would be dry? Although I notice some fronts moving down..... as I said, I'm not good with Fax charts!

As the fax charts show the Isobars fairly close together this indicated the flow will be brisk enough to carry the snow over the Grampians and Sidlaws into southern Angus, Perthshire and Fife.

Obviously Buchan, Moray and Aberdeenshire will do better in terms of snowfall amounts.

Posted

Great to see The Sidlaws mentioned by somebody

As I am just south of the Sidlees !

Whats that coming over the Hill is it a Monster !!

Loving your Avatar Mountain Shadow :doh:

Posted
Great to see The Sidlaws mentioned by somebody

As I am just south of the Sidlees !

Whats that coming over the Hill is it a Monster !!

Loving your Avatar Mountain Shadow :crazy:

Ehm fae Ardler ken what eh mean. Eh remember the snaw faw the echties, daes aff skael, the lot. Maybees the same this week fir Dundee.

Posted

I know I'm going to get a smack for this, but what do people think the chances are in Edinburgh, only I told my hall mates it might snow and they now call me Wonder Weather Woman and I will get shot if it doesn't.

Should have considered that before.

Posted
I know I'm going to get a smack for this, but what do people think the chances are in Edinburgh, only I told my hall mates it might snow and they now call me Wonder Weather Woman and I will get shot if it doesn't.

Should have considered that before.

Well, the green for sleet precipitation type colours have appeared on Netweather Extra 5-minute radar to NW of Edinburgh already.

Posted
Well, the green for sleet precipitation type colours have appeared on Netweather Extra 5-minute radar to NW of Edinburgh already.

Awesome thanks for the update.

I did ask for a Neweather Extra subscription for Christmas by the parental units said "No buy it yourself." :crazy: at least I asked for something educational...and the bank doesn't trust me enough with a credit card...I can see why.

Posted
Ehm fae Ardler ken what eh mean. Eh remember the snaw faw the echties, daes aff skael, the lot. Maybees the same this week fir Dundee.

Eh ken whut ye mean, as ehm fae Meenihull !!! Hoping to get the sledge oot and up tae Lochee Park sometime this week !! (Shed Rule) :crazy:

and eh kin remember the snaw fae the 60`s !!!

Edited by Polarlow

Posted

doubt anything will happen! but if we do get snow, ill be happy, would like to get some pics!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

radar showing showers off the coast of fife :D

Posted
Eh ken whut ye mean, as ehm fae Meenihull !!! Hoping to get the sledge oot and up tae Lochee Park sometime this week !! (Shed Rule) :)

and eh kin remember the snaw fae the 60`s !!!

Help us, attack of the Taysiders!

All in all it is looking really good for Tuesday if you have a bit of height or are inland in Angus, Fife or Southern Perthshire.

Posted
I think there's is a reasonable chance that Met Office weather warnings will be extended to bring in Scotland this morning. Fingers crossed.

I hope but there have not updated it yet :cold:

Posted
The Central Belt and near the Glasgow area certainly looked in the firing line from last night's forecast.

Really? I must say I'm surprised although pleasantly so! Not expecting anything really aside from a few possible flurries.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
I think there's is a reasonable chance that Met Office weather warnings will be extended to bring in Scotland this morning. Fingers crossed.

Aye,

The latest BBC forecast at 11.30am has now started to show snow falling over much of the east coast of Scotland, from this afternoon! :rolleyes:

We have already had some snow grains this morning, here in west Fife.

Big Innes.