Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&W Yorks, Northern & North East England

Posted

latest beeb forecast they said "particulalry heavy snow east of the pennines" for tonight. Tommorow night they said "heavy snow piling up east of the pennines"

Looks like the best place to be in UK is east of the pennines and south east enlgand !! :lol:

Posted

We could get our first proper snow shower here in a second or 2, nice orange base to the cloud and it does not look like that stratuscumulus type of cloud either.

Further good news that there are more breaks in the cloud sheet which tells me that the instability is increasing and that flat stratuscumulus cloud will be turn into clumps of shower clouds(i hope)..

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

snowing pretty heavily here now-

Posted

Good luck overnight everyone I'm off to bed - here's hoping I'll get a dumping overnight :D

Posted
Im up by the Uni. We have a dusting at the moment, nothing to be worried about. Most roads seem to be gritted and are snow free. Sporidic moderate snow showers but its very fluffy. ya id love to be in the country somewhere. That would be amazing. Is it cold enough for the city's heat island to be negated i wonder?

Yes, even central Leeds could be pasted tomorrow

Posted
Yes, even central Leeds could be pasted tomorrow

WOW, coming down THICK n FAST now.

Posted
Im up by the Uni. We have a dusting at the moment, nothing to be worried about. Most roads seem to be gritted and are snow free. Sporidic moderate snow showers but its very fluffy. ya id love to be in the country somewhere. That would be amazing. Is it cold enough for the city's heat island to be negated i wonder?

Who knows, admitidley i dont actually live by LBA i live on the oposite hill (highest hill in Leeds) in a highly suburbnised area, still 210m asl though, drive up to cookridge tommorow if you can, or if you can go by train catch the train to Horsforth and walk past the bridge and just keeping walking up hill, mark my words there will be a signifiacnt difference in snowfall amount!

P.S- Im looking down on LBA im that high up, its just easier for me to say LBA as you know where i am!!

Posted

Nice snow cover in huddersfield now had heavy snow for the last 30 mins or so!

Posted

Very heavy snow

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Humidity now slowly rising , now reading 71%

temp 1.9c

dew point -2.6c

nigel

Posted

Im in Leeds centre, by the armouries. Got a couple of cms. With such low temps, don't think altitude is going to be such a great factor. Extremely rare to see snow falling and lying in the centre. With the snow in November, it was amazing how even a 2 minute drive out of the city centre bowl, there was a gd couple of Inches, but nothing in the centre!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

What a nasty day. Not just weatherwise.

An inch in Crossgates at the moment. Have a look in the picture thread shortly.

Been on the B6161 since 3.30pm. Only got home 20 mins ago as company car broke down. Sump plug is missing. AA put a radiator drain plug in for now, off to give Peugeot hell tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

Got a cover here, heavy shower of grauple I think. Possibly just heard a rumble of thunder. Another shower about to hit according to net weather radar.

Posted
http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=3...;soort=satradar

Been watching that myself.The snow so far seems to 'pop up' just before landfall but this has been growing since it 'fell into the North Sea'.....and keeps on growing!

OH WHOA, that could give some proper snow fall, will defiantley add this to favourites!

Edit: it appears to have hit the eastern coasts of Yorkshire http://www.sat24.com/

Edited by 10123

Posted
Just had a little snooze to re-charge the old batteries, and there's about 1cm of

lying snow atm

Having an all nighter then Brian? :D

Looks like the first proper shower cloud can be seen and it looks like it just going 2 miss me(typically) but i suspect Nigel(stormchaser1) could well get hit by this shower.

Snow is falling now, proper flakes but i am on the edge of this shower, it is certainly heading into Nigel's area though now so if you online, have a look out your window in th next few mins.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted
OH WHOA, that could give some proper snow fall, will defiantley add this to favourites!

Edit: it appears to have hit the eastern coasts of Yorkshire http://www.sat24.com/

http://www.webviews.co.uk/network/camera/e...ntrewebcam.html

Posted

Nice link, gives a rough idea of where the ppn is. Started again in Leeds. Im overlloking the inner ring road and the light cluster show it up nicely.If only the flakes were bigger..............

Posted

Whoa Jinx, was just about to post a link to millenium square http://www.camvista.com/england/other/leed...uare-webcam.php !! Are there anymore for Leeds ?? Can only find one

Posted
Nice link, gives a rough idea of where the ppn is. Started again in Leeds. Im overlloking the inner ring road and the light cluster show it up nicely.If only the flakes were bigger..............

very heavy snow in chapel allerton right now...