Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: N&W Yorks, Northern & North East England

Posted

BIG NEWS GUYS :doh: - 3 gritters been past earlier, and finally after waiting long the snow has finally settled on the roads, i live on a busy main road so this will more than likely mean wide spread disruption across yorkshire tmrw morning!! This is a big-ish deal because i must have 3layers of grit now and yet it has still settled!

Posted

Incredible. At least 2 inches of snow on my balcony...difficult to tell true depth because winds have got up and there's some drifting. Roundhay area.

Posted
Having an all nighter then Brian? :whistling:

Looks like the first proper shower cloud can be seen and it looks like it just going 2 miss me(typically) but i suspect Nigel(stormchaser1) could well get hit by this shower.

Snow is falling now, proper flakes but i am on the edge of this shower, it is certainly heading into Nigel's area though now so if you online, have a look out your window in th next few mins.

Hi Paul, I'm not sure yet mate, I'm very tempted though, since these sort of events

don't happen very often.

Are you staying up? :wallbash:

Posted
Hi Paul, I'm not sure yet mate, I'm vey tempted though, since these sort of events

don't happen very often.

Are you staying up? :wallbash:

I can't as i got college tomorrow but i probably stay on until the 0:15 hours MO radar update.

Snowing here now, smallish flakes but heavy none the less. :whistling:

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

My (rather poor) pics added to the pic thread. Will take camcorder with me tomorrow.

This weather is definitely gonna cause problems tomorrow.

I have to take the car to Randersons at Horsforth in the morning. Gonna be interesting to say the least...

Posted
Incredible. At least 2 inches of snow on my balcony...difficult to tell true depth because winds have got up and there's some drifting. Roundhay area.

I would say about 3-4cm which is the amount over here, on roads and paths etc

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
I can't as i got college tomorrow but i probably stay on until the 0:15 hours MO radar update.

Snowing here now, smallish flakes but heavy none the less. :wallbash:

I have school tomorrow but I'll be up till very late :whistling:

Anyone else with similar plans?

Posted

Showers should get going more readily in our region from about midnight onwards; as the mesoscale trough gradually edges in.

Very minute dusting out there at the moment.

Posted

The showers now are much heavier than before, looking at my new NW radar it seems that the greens and purples have begun to appear! This bodes very well for the night to come; they are traveling on a ENE-E axis bringing them right inland to the Pennines. 10cm now possible in many areas of Yorkshire by the morning, especially E of York.

Showers should get going more readily in our region from about midnight onwards; as the mesoscale trough gradually edges in.

Very minute dusting out there at the moment.

Sounds good PP mate.......where's Tucco? he can't miss this surely

Posted
Well i'm guarding my Dales cave so he'll have to find his own.......the snow's eased here for the moment but that was an impressive shower!

Nothing impressive here so far.

Mostly just sporadic convection ebbing through at the moment across the region; with the odd heavy cell. More organised bands probably expected later but for all my luck I'll be either too far north, south, east or west LOL.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

I would urge everyone to check out tonights 18z gfs,one of the best runs ever. :blush:

A thin covering of snow here now after just one proper shower with associated rattle of thunder. :lol:

Posted
Well i'm guarding my Dales cave so he'll have to find his own.......the snow's eased here for the moment but that was an impressive shower!

Same here, got quite a clear slot now so the temps should at least drop a little bit, sadly the snow on the ground is melting away but settled nicely on the grass and the cars.

The good news is that the cloud images are showing the uniform type of cloud breaking up even more in the north sea now so plenty more convective showers to come hopefully and these should last into tomorrow afternoon.

Posted
I have school tomorrow but I'll be up till very late :blush:

Anyone else with similar plans?

Hi Yeti, I'll be around mate.

It seems to have stopped snowing here, but I know that if I go to bed, we'll get pasted while I'm asleep.

Nothing impressive here so far.

Mostly just sporadic convection ebbing through at the moment across the region; with the odd heavy cell. More organised bands probably expected later but for all my luck I'll be either too far north, south, east or west LOL.

Turn your Durham city snow force field off mate......I feel looking at the radar you will be in luck..I'll be challenging you to a snowball duel in the morn'.....6am at the Angel lol

Edited by hannegan

Posted

5cm of snow here !!! Truly great, perhaps 15cm of snow by morning!!

Posted

Just been watching Match of the day, no snow on the ground before hand, now there is a covering , missed the first one .

Posted

Well, the North East has finally joined the party !!!

Heavy snow started here about 5 mins ago and road already covered. Looks like fun in the morning, I live in Ryton and work in South Shields, an 18 mile journey that normally takes about 45 mins in the rush hour. If I leave at 8-00 tomorrow I might get to work by lunchtime.

Karl

Posted
I would urge everyone to check out tonights 18z gfs,one of the best runs ever. :D

A thin covering of snow here now after just one proper shower with associated rattle of thunder. :D

Lol indeed....the 18z is pure cold fantasy.