Spurry

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
mr sp is that a greek flag that you fly?

it is indeed

Posted
Good stuff, is it settling?

Newton-le-Willows is probably a contender for the coldest place in western England.

yep settling well on roads and pavements.

Posted
Well all in all there's about 10 Wirral folk on here but some of them dont come on much.

Well I must admit I only tend to come on here when there is the slightest sniff of snow :D or any other extreme weather, but lately I am now finding all this model watching more appealing, the missus thinks i'm obsessed :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Sensational forecast by pete gibbs just now,tomorrow night could be absoltely amazing round here with about 7 hours of blizards.

the great news is the snow could stick around until sat/sun thats 7days lol

Missed that, was it for the front tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Sensational forecast by pete gibbs just now,tomorrow night could be absoltely amazing round here with about 7 hours of blizards.

the great news is the snow could stick around until sat/sun thats 7days lol

for the northwest of England or just your area?

Posted
Well all in all there's about 10 Wirral folk on here but some of them dont come on much.

They sound a bit like me - i have been on here over 4 years and this is my 26th post. :lol:

I don't know enough to answer - only question.

And its a great place for answers.

for the northwest of England or just your area?

To be honest ste this area looks absolutely prime for serious continuous blizzards tomorrow evening but the graphic looked to inc pretty much all the NW of England,obviously the altitude of between 200 and 300m will help but no mention of rain or sleet just frosty skies as the front peters out over cumbria.

Wed looks good for scotland wth a big swathe of white covering the country.here looks a brighter day but temps around 2 or 3 with heavy overnight frosts

hope you guys like the sound of all that :)

Posted

Saddleworth and Rochdale seem to be taking all the snow - just flurries and a slight dusting a few miles further east around Ramsbottom!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
Just had a tiny dusting @ Norbreck, 5 miles north or Blackpool, clear skies now, hopefully will get a covering later tonight/early morning. Temp approx -1

Hi seasider - must have been very local cos there's nowt here! Had our Christmas do at the Norbreck Castle in December.

Just seen News 24 forecast - not looking good for the nw generally speaking - hardly got a mention but hey ho no surprise there I guess.

Posted

They said most of the snow for the eastern pennines, but hopefully most of us will get a couple of CM's from it. The winds died down now, so I'm not sure how much progress the overnight showers from the east will make over here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
lol I wouldn't mind if you did.

Yeah that's caught my eye, it seems to heading straight for N England, will be interesting to see what it brings.

i'm on my mobile here so can't check,how faraway is it approx?

Posted
Wed looks good for scotland wth a big swathe of white covering the country

Glad to hear that, I just did a quick whistle-stop tour of the other regions, and some1 in Scotland was reporting "extreme snow grains" LOL, they seem as enthralled as watching England whoop their a$$ in the footy!!! :)

Awww, I do love the Scots really *big huz*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

We've just had another dusting....so far so good (in fact much better than i expected)

They said most of the snow for the eastern pennines, but hopefully most of us will get a couple of CM's from it. The winds died down now, so I'm not sure how much progress the overnight showers from the east will make over here.

DD this are will ALWAYS do well in this kind of setup.we are virtually on the pennines and i reckon you and those up saddleworth way could get literally inches and inches of it tomorrow night.Those further west will not see anywhere near the same totals

Posted
Hi seasider - must have been very local cos there's nowt here! Had our Christmas do at the Norbreck Castle in December.

Just seen News 24 forecast - not looking good for the nw generally speaking - hardly got a mention but hey ho no surprise there I guess.

Hi there, was more like polystyrene than snow, just a dusting on the car, i agree, not looking good for us on the coast, looks like it will be missing us on the forecast maps, never mind, being a train driver no doubt my trips over to east lancs will at least let me see some snow cover.

Posted
Snow just starting to fall again here now :lol:

Same here in Wallasey. Flurries whistling past the lampost in the wind.

Posted
you might be a tad too north at the moment its the humber streamer kicking in with the showers to your south hitting this area .

Yep, humber, wash and thames seem to be creating "streamers" at the moment, with the occasional little band of showers hitting other areas. Enjoy your Humber streamer!

Posted

After watching the latest bbc weather forecast on bbc news 24 I was astounded/dissapointed to see:

(1) How the north-west does'nt even get a mention in the forecast.

(2) As far as the graphics are concerned no major snow forecasted for the majority of nw England.

Woud be nice for them to give us a mention - alot of people live here that would like to now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
i'm on my mobile here so can't check,how faraway is it approx?

Hard to say maybe about 30-40 miles away from the east coast, nothing showing up on the radar yet though.

Posted
Hi there, was more like polystyrene than snow, just a dusting on the car, i agree, not looking good for us on the coast, looks like it will be missing us on the forecast maps, never mind, being a train driver no doubt my trips over to east lancs will at least let me see some snow cover.

Latest BBc news 24 forecast has said the snow will reach us in the NW before moving into Scotland and Northern Ireland. East of the pennines could get serious snowfall .