Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Nw England

Spurry

Posted
How come your gettig it but hotcuupa isn't??? your both in the same location???

thats coz i couldnt remember my main username lol, one minute we didnt have any of that snow you had, the next it just seemed to pep up and we had a shower..its stopped now tho :)

Posted
sorry no snow here in bromborough on the wirral...Does anyone think we will get any??.news just said no chance?

Unlucky there mate, we've had snow on and off from about 3pm here. Looking at the radar you should have had some??? Skies are clearing now though and i'm not convinced those showers to the east are going to be very heavy over this way they seem to be fragmenting. Temp droping fast here now, currently 0.1c dewpoint at -4.6c.

Edited by SnowKidding

Posted

heswall is the other side of the wirral..as you probably know.. we have had one or two snow showers but nothing now.last snow covering was on new years eve.

Posted
heswall is the other side of the wirral..as you probably know.. we have had one or two snow showers but nothing now.last snow covering was on new years eve.

we didnt even have that lol

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

We should get at least a dusting overnight though mate, and with temperatures dropping below freezing, whatever falls should stick around all night hopefully. :D

Posted

We had the odd very light flurry carried in the wind around 2pm-ish, but nothing since. Any showers, as per the norm here, are passing to either the north or south of us! My parents have just got back home from here, they live just near Mcr Airport and they say it's thick with snow there. Bah humbug!!

Posted
We should get at least a dusting overnight though mate, and with temperatures dropping below freezing, whatever falls should stick around all night hopefully. :D

I still think tomorrow will be the best of the heavier and more prolonged burst specifically tomorrow evening/night onwards, very much a case of little to no fragmentation but the the pennines which should be torn down haha will probably have the last say in matters i guess.

Posted

thanks,SNOWKIDDING.. I new on here but I do love my weather watch....Can you imagin if it all goes nuts and snows like mad..... how cool would that be :):D Im orginally from south wales..it used to snow like crazy there....and the weatherman was wrong everytime.

Posted
thanks,SNOWKIDDING.. I new on here but I do love my weather watch....Can you imagin if it all goes nuts and snows like mad..... how cool would that be :):D Im orginally from south wales..it used to snow like crazy there....and the weatherman was wrong everytime.

you have had nothing? south liverpool is about 2 and a half miles to the west of us, and we have had heavy snow showers off and on from about 2ish this afternoon, there was a quiet lull for an hour or two, but we just had another snow shower..surprised you are getting nothing from it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

A good scenario would be like 12th March 2006, if that were to occur, it may stick around longer too, that day it only lasted for a day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Thunder, Heatwaves.

Hi, new to this forum. I live in Kendal in the Lake District and at the moment the sky is clear and only a very soft breeze is noticeable. I dare say that as per usual, we in Kendal will miss out on all the snow. I hope that everybody awakes to a white wonderland tomorrow, and that Monday only gets better for you. Regards.

Posted
Those westerly snow events for us up here in the nw was a complete waste of space, sst's far too warm, we then had a nw incursion that produced nothing again..too early in the season, again sst's modified the temps and we got rain..but yes a good nw would be nice..but anything from the west is only ever going to produce rain because of the mild atlantic.

I find it ironic that the direction this is coming from we are getting something from it this time, yet in the ideal setup's say from the nw or even a northerly..which isnt the best for us in the nw really we havent all winter season.

yet this is february, so we should not be so surprised with a snow event lol

we have nothing here at the moment, but since your only a few miles down the road, we should be seeing that soon, especially looking on the radar

HotCuppa, they were not a complete waste of space in the NW - 100m or so in elevation has been enough to give two 10cm+ events and one 5cm event. All very marginal though. The current situation is a lot colder so what ppn gets through is will be snow everywhere. And after the showers there is still interest with the chance of frontal snow..

Posted
I still think tomorrow will be the best of the heavier and more prolonged burst specifically tomorrow evening/night onwards, very much a case of little to no fragmentation but the the pennines which should be torn down haha will probably have the last say in matters i guess.

I agree tomorrow's more organised band of snow will be are best chance, but the mild sector to the east of it may just spoil things turning the snow back to rain for a time before turning colder again in the early hours of tuesday morning. The further south west you are the better your chances of keeping the colder air aswell as the usual lucky ones who happen to live on high ground :D

Edited by SnowKidding

Posted
Hi, new to this forum. I live in Kendal in the Lake District and at the moment the sky is clear and only a very soft breeze is noticeable. I dare say that as per usual, we in Kendal will miss out on all the snow. I hope that everybody awakes to a white wonderland tomorrow, and that Monday only gets better for you. Regards.

I live in Windermere and work in Kendal, don't be surprised to see us joining in the fun we are not that sheltered from a E/NE wind and that wind will definately push snow over this side of the Pennines, all will depend on whether the snow fragments over the Pennines... we could easily see some hefty falls tomorrow evening and overnight into tuesday. Further ahead plenty more potential with NE wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Thunder, Heatwaves.
I live in Windermere and work in Kendal, don't be surprised to see us joining in the fun we are not that sheltered from a E/NE wind and that wind will definately push snow over this side of the Pennines, all will depend on whether the snow fragments over the Pennines... we could easily see some hefty falls tomorrow evening and overnight into tuesday. Further ahead plenty more potential with NE wind

Thanks for the optimism. Now I have to try and convince my 10yr old son that snow is possible and that it really is a sledge in the garage taking up space. Here's hoping for something tomorrow evening/overnight. Cheers for the reply.

Posted

what direction is Bromborough in????? I tell you what folks..its bloody freezing :lol: for swear..I hope we get something tomorrow for my kids...

Posted
HotCuppa, they were not a complete waste of space in the NW - 100m or so in elevation has been enough to give two 10cm+ events and one 5cm event. All very marginal though. The current situation is a lot colder so what ppn gets through is will be snow everywhere. And after the showers there is still interest with the chance of frontal snow..

I agree, sorry i was referring to the milder conditions of december, most places well above 100m missed out, so as you say very very marginal indeed lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
what direction is Bromborough in????? I tell you what folks..its bloody freezing :clap: for swear..I hope we get something tomorrow for my kids...

My guess is that snow will continue to come in from the east overnight, hit the Mersey catchment which might funnel showers up towards Brombrough. It is possible you could get a dusting overnight but tomorrow is the day that could be the most fruitful day for us.

I'm certainly looking forward to it. Whatever hits you should hit me afterwards in an easterly.

Posted

I hope your right.....The Wirral isnt a good spot for snow...we always go to north wales to enjoy any good snow fall.

Posted

I haven't had any more snow over the last hour. In fact clear spells have developed.

The satellite however is picking up a lot of activity now in Lincolnshire and Yorkshire and i think we'll have further showers from 9pm onwards.

Karyo

Posted
sky is looking very pink over bromborough now :lol: sorry Im not very useful on here.

:lol: pink is good, usually means snow. It must be snowing now?