Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Nw England

Spurry

Posted

Proper snow flakes dancing in the wind at present (slight upgrade from the snow grains earlier) - not sticking yet, but they making the trip over the pennines on the stiff easterly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Big flakes now and heavy, just needs to be that little bit colder though for it to stick properly.

Edited by James M

Posted

The heaviest snow shower of the day so far! Lovely medium sized flakes.

The hills have disappeared from my view.

Karyo

Posted
its a balmy 5C here at the moment :lol: so any snow will probably melt on impact with the ground if it were to fall.

Its 2.8c here steve, are you sure your thermometer isn't in the sun? :D Also were on the meto's Tuesday warning mate so you never know. I suppose the chance of a good dumping is low around here but I think we should atleast least see a few centimeters from Monday nights system.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

big flakes here too, and it's sticking. Wind is still very strong, so they are falling at about 45o (and I meant angle, not temperature :lol: )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Nothing doing ppn-wise here, but cloud amounts are encouraging. Just saw itv regional forecast online...

http://www.itvlocal.com/granada/weather/blackpool/

... good for those in the east of the region but not too good IMBY. :lol:

Posted

Wow the wind really picking up here now, the snow is swirling around, and is showing the first signs of sticking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
Wow the wind really picking up here now, the snow is swirling around, and is showing the first signs of sticking.

Excellent news dodge. DP -3c here with temp of 3c. Can't be bad. Just need some of your ppn please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Its 2.8c here steve, are you sure your thermometer isn't in the sun? :lol: Also were on the meto's Tuesday warning mate so you never know. I suppose the chance of a good dumping is low around here but I think we should atleast least see a few centimeters from Monday nights system.

Nope it's definitely 5C (4.8C) now (with cloud and sun), there are many local weather stations around the 4-5C mark including Hawarden, Raby mere, and Thurstaston. I think it's because were open to the SE'ly wind, whereas you're sheltered, as the wind is very strong here

Posted

This is a moderate snow shower. I was not expecting such intensity so soon and it is starting to stick!

The Pennines don't manage to weaken the showers much guys. Excellent news!

Showers like this overnight will lead to a covering.

Karyo

Posted
This is a moderate snow shower. I was not expecting such intensity so soon and it is starting to stick!

The Pennines don't manage to weaken the showers much guys. Excellent news!

Showers like this overnight will lead to a covering.

Karyo

Am looking at n-w extra radar and the snow over you does look prolonged and fairly intense. Should be imminent over most areas at some stage I would think.

Posted
Very light snow in Liverpool at the mo
snowing in liverpool

Not snowing here, although, being optimistic, it did try to about an hour ago.

Current temperature 3.2ºc (windchill -0.1ºc)

Posted

Was quite shocked to see 40cm expected by the Meto over the hills in the coming few days, I thought 12cm would cause trouble and chaos but 40cm would literally cause a blockade between East and West for 3 days as the passes across the Pennines would be impassable.

Posted
Am looking at n-w extra radar and the snow over you does look prolonged and fairly intense. Should be imminent over most areas at some stage I would think.

The shower has now passed to the west. It lasted nearly 15 mins. The hills to the east can be seen now and they hae a dusting.

No more showers from the east for the ime being as there is a gap as can be seen on the radar.

I have taken the photo on my mobile showing the flakes on the moss of my balcony.

Karyo

post-5301-1233498864_thumb.jpg

Posted
Nope it's definitely 5C (4.8C) now (with cloud and sun), there are many local weather stations around the 4-5C mark including Hawarden, Raby mere, and Thurstaston. I think it's because were open to the SE'ly wind, whereas you're sheltered, as the wind is very strong here

Looks that way steve, seems to be a lot of variaton in temperature on the wirral peninsular looking at wunderground.com, mine (IWIRRALB3) is 1 degree cooler than IMERSEYS5 wo's station is only 2 roads down from me! Maybe it has something to do with the easterly wind as I have my sensor around 4m up on a pole so it is well exposed! Anyway back on topic, it looks as though from the radar we should get what snow Manchester is reporting now, thats if it doesn't die out before it reaches here, if anything though the showers seem to be pepping up a bit.

Best of look anyway, if I dont get any round here i'll be driving up to pole hill as you will probably do better than me with your ellevation. :lol:

Posted
Not snowing here, although, being optimistic, it did try to about an hour ago.

Current temperature 3.2ºc (windchill -0.1ºc)

It's barely anything really, small showers keep happening, wasn't expecting anything at all until tonight though

Posted

The 2:30pm met office radar shows a streamer along the Humber that should provide interest for Greater Manchester soon. The heaviest showers are in south Lincilnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands in general.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Looks that way steve, seems to be a lot of variaton in temperature on the wirral peninsular looking at wunderground.com, mine (IWIRRALB3) is 1 degree cooler than IMERSEYS5 wo's station is only 2 roads down from me! Maybe it has something to do with the easterly wind as I have my sensor around 4m up on a pole so it is well exposed! Anyway back on topic, it looks as though from the radar we should get what snow Manchester is reporting now, thats if it doesn't die out before it reaches here, if anything though the showers seem to be pepping up a bit.

Best of look anyway, if I dont get any round here i'll be driving up to pole hill as you will probably do better than me with your ellevation. :lol:

Definitely, either Poll Hill or Burton Hill :D should get a bit of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Just in the middle of a very heavy shower here, huge flakes at times and starting to settle properly.

Posted

Woodford near Manchester is reporting light rain... :)