Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Nw England

Spurry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, Windy at the coast.
Amazing sky right now, crystal clear blue with the cold front approaching in an arc, spectacular

I saw that when I went out earlier. It was quite a sight. There was a definate line between the blue and the cloud right across the sky from north to to south as far as you could see. The sun was just about to disappear when I went into asda. When I came out it was overcast and there were bits of snow in the air.

Talking of snow, got another light flurry going on at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

steady snow fall here now - been snowing for half and hour, strong wind but it's starting to stick. The last cpl of days have really dried the ground out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
I would generally agree that the North West (epspecially the western area's) would not favour to well from an Easterly, but the BBC forecast has just shown a general band of snow moving from the South overnight Monday and into Tuesday, and it appeared to affect almost all of England.

Saw that too - would be good even for me from that direction, even if not as much as some places. Bring it on :o

Posted

we had an intense heavy snow shower around 2pm last about 15 mins, almost whiteout conditions then. Went clear, now at 4pm its got very dark and started to snow again.

I dont know why the meto have once again not issued a warning, usually here near liverpool we get next to nothing and the fact its snowing and itsnt the main band is incredible, quite large flakes too!

EDIT: update, its snowing quite heavily and sticking.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

There is a shower eastward towards Liverpool where it looks very dark but its sunny here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
we had an intense heavy snow shower around 2pm last about 15 mins, almost whiteout conditions then. Went clear, now at 4pm its got very dark and started to snow again.

I dont know why the meto have once again not issued a warning, usually here near liverpool we get next to nothing and the fact its snowing and itsnt the main band is incredible, quite large flakes too!

EDIT: update, its snowing quite heavily and sticking.

Going to watch the Liverpool game on telly so will be interesting to see what's happening while tracking radar too!

Posted

fastest heavy snow shower ever lol i think there could be a continued heavier burst yet overnight i think. Normally we get nothing, so I am suprised to see snow falling, and it must have some intensity to it to get past the pennines.

There is another interesting band of organised snow heading our way on the radar, looks a bit more than that little burst of heavy snow.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
There is a shower eastward towards Liverpool where it looks very dark but its sunny here

Getting darker here... light snow shower started about 5 minutes ago. (I think it could be termed a flurry.)

Pelting down at Anfield :)

PS: Come on LFC! :)

Indeed!

Posted
Normaly you can see the hills at the back of the house's they only about a mile away

Ah isnt that Williamson Road :( I live just up the Hill on Hill Drive near the Farm (got better views of the valley up here lol :doh: ) It'll be fun seeing the cars going up (or down) Whaley Lane Tuesday morning lol. I imagine the council will once again fail to see to their contact of gritting the pavements also and just grit the roads, leaving us bystanders to risk breaking a leg or getting run over whilst negotiating the ice slope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

it's belting down now, flake size has increased and it's definately settling with visibility down to 200m. Added to that, MetO have a flash warning for this area - could this be far heavier than predicted ?

Posted

Radar showing showers ganging up in the east, looks like a fun night ahead, but dreading the prospects of rush hour traffic tomorrow!

Posted

Just been outside (curtains now drawn) to see what's what and it's like a white sandstorm - loads of snowgrains blowing around like mad - wonderful. :rolleyes::yahoo::clap: OK so it's not the Thames Valley but hey - I'm not complaining!

Edit - not settling yet which I don't quite get cos I've got a DP of -3 and temp 0f 2c.

Edited by snowdrifter