Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Nw England

Spurry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Another heavy shower just now, about 1cm and it's that nice dry powdery kind of snow which I haven't seen for a while.

post-6315-1233522139_thumb.jpg

Posted
Interestingly the pennines (which are literally in my back garden if anyone knows lees new road oldham)seem to be pepping up the showers as they cross from huddersfield,they seem to be keeping their intensity but possibly weakening a bit as they head west through manchester.

In summery the further east you are is much better.

i know lees road - i am at the top of the hill in Uppermill :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Thanks mr sp..yes thats what I ment thank you

Keep me posted if you see snow it will possibly hit here too if so :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
i know lees road - i am at the top of the hill in Uppermill :lol:

Hey another Saddleworthian, hello! :D

Edit: snap^

Edited by James M

Posted
Hey another Saddleworthian, hello! :lol:

Edit: snap^

Where are you James M and Storm Animal

Posted

Just out of Greenfield.

Posted

I am in Scouthead, and James M in Greenfield. Snow has stopped again now, seems to be showers, like there has been on and off all afternoon. Temp is -2.7oC. Welcome whitewitch ;o)

EDIT: 30 seconds later, its started again, don't know whether im coming or going lol

Edited by Storm Animal

Posted
I am in Scouthead, and James M in Greenfield. Snow has stopped again now, seems to be showers, like there has been on and off all afternoon. Temp is -2.7oC. Welcome whitewitch ;o)

EDIT: 30 seconds later, its started again, don't know whether im coming or going lol

Yep and plenty more heavy ones on the way.

post-6315-1233522894_thumb.png

Posted

LOL, we should pitch into your radar costs, thanx James. This is god paying me back, just chose another new convertible, after I had seriously considered getting a 4x4!! If we have another cack summer, then I guess you will all be blaming me big time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

...and all that lovely shower activity has a lot of travelling to do before it gets to me. Please don't keep it all you Saddleworth folk. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Ehem 3 wirral folk :lol:

Well all in all there's about 10 Wirral folk on here but some of them dont come on much.

Posted

Thanks for the radar image.

It clearly shows three streamers. One in southeast England, the second in the Lincolnshire wash and the onethat's relevant to us: Humber and south Yorkshire westwards. Quite heavy showers in this one.

If you look at the satellite image you'll see an intense white blob of cloud just on the north sea heading our way for the early hours.

Karyo

Posted
Evening everyone

Snowing here now in Newton-le-Willows (in between st Helens & Warrington) Quite big flakes as well :)

Good stuff, is it settling?

Newton-le-Willows is probably a contender for the coldest place in western England.

Posted

Just had a tiny dusting @ Norbreck, 5 miles north or Blackpool, clear skies now, hopefully will get a covering later tonight/early morning. Temp approx -1

Posted
LOL, we should pitch into your radar costs, thanx James. This is god paying me back, just chose another new convertible, after I had seriously considered getting a 4x4!! If we have another cack summer, then I guess you will all be blaming me big time

lol I wouldn't mind if you did.

Thanks for the radar image.

It clearly shows three streamers. One in southeast England, the second in the Lincolnshire wash and the onethat's relevant to us: Humber and south Yorkshire westwards. Quite heavy showers in this one.

If you look at the satellite image you'll see an intense white blob of cloud just on the north sea heading our way for the early hours.

Karyo

Yeah that's caught my eye, it seems to heading straight for N England, will be interesting to see what it brings.