Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Nw England

Spurry

Posted
DD this are will ALWAYS do well in this kind of setup.we are virtually on the pennines and i reckon you and those up saddleworth way could get literally inches and inches of it tomorrow night.Those further west will not see anywhere near the same totals

Saddleworth seems to do well from snow showers coming in from the East, but I must admit, when It has been a whiteout here, it is occaisionally snow free towards Rochdale/ Bury/ Winter Hill area. Only time will tell, but I hope everybody gets some snow

Posted
Hi there, was more like polystyrene than snow, just a dusting on the car, i agree, not looking good for us on the coast, looks like it will be missing us on the forecast maps, never mind, being a train driver no doubt my trips over to east lancs will at least let me see some snow cover.

We always miss out on the snow, it's so frustrating! I'm in Fleetwood by the way and there's definitely not a flake here! Stars are shining brightly tho :huh:

Posted
Latest BBc news 24 forecast has said the snow will reach us in the NW before moving into Scotland and Northern Ireland. East of the pennines could get serious snowfall .

In the n24 forecast I saw the north west did'nt even get a mention so thats intersting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Latest BBc news 24 forecast has said the snow will reach us in the NW before moving into Scotland and Northern Ireland. East of the pennines could get serious snowfall .

Shaun how are you matey? Looking forward to more storm chasing in the summer (providing we get any!)

Was it just quick push through of the snow shown by the N24 forecast?

I think everyone from Wirral will be heading to Poll Hill and Thurstaston Hill :huh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

it's snowing quite hard here again

come to think about it it's been snowing quite hard on and off all day and yet we've still only a couple of cm on the ground.

never mind, still optimistic for a major dumping tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
Saddleworth seems to do well from snow showers coming in from the East, but I must admit, when It has been a whiteout here, it is occaisionally snow free towards Rochdale/ Bury/ Winter Hill area. Only time will tell, but I hope everybody gets some snow

Most of the snow seems to fall on Winter hill..it's quite often white when here in the lowlands there is nothing..(Winter hill sits above Bolton/Wigan for those who don't know)

Posted

Moment of truth now, there's quite an organised band of showers heading over the pennines now, so we'll se what we get from that

Posted
whats it like there right now?

Well seperated light snow showers that have provided a very slight dusting.

In Dan Corbett terms: "Like someone has sprinkled icing sugar on a cake."

All the same I was'nt expecting any snowfall until tomorrow so the fact that snow has fallen at all is a real supise to me, although I'm not expecting to wake up to much different than what we have now.

Posted
We always miss out on the snow, it's so frustrating! I'm in Fleetwood by the way and there's definitely not a flake here! Stars are shining brightly tho :lol:

Crikey, must have been really localised, or just looked at the right time. Still on the car though, the stars and moon shining also, but when security light comes on can see crystals in the air and the odd flake, so its definately in the air.

Posted
Shaun how are you matey? Looking forward to more storm chasing in the summer (providing we get any!)

Was it just quick push through of the snow shown by the N24 forecast?

I think everyone from Wirral will be heading to Poll Hill and Thurstaston Hill :lol:

I am fine mate. Will look forward to the storm chasing soon but this could be a very special few weeks. Looked like the snow was forecast for a good few hours but just going to check the forecast again. Back in a few minutes.

Posted
Most of the snow seems to fall on Winter hill..it's quite often white when here in the lowlands there is nothing..(Winter hill sits above Bolton/Wigan for those who don't know)

Totally agree although thats because it is high ground (West Pennine moors.)

Posted
Moment of truth now, there's quite an organised band of showers heading over the pennines now, so we'll se what we get from that

Yes, this is the band that got organised in South Yorkshire and heading westwards. Just starting to fall heavily here!

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

looks like they've just arrived

coming down very hard here at present

heaviest shower all day

interesting to see how long this one lasts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The snow is still melting when it hits the ground here, rather bizarre, its 0.4C at the moment

Posted
looks like they've just arrived

coming down very hard here at present

heaviest shower all day

interesting to see how long this one lasts

Great to see the guys on the se/east anglia forum having fun (over 4 pages when I last checked!)

Edited by Hot*Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
After watching the latest bbc weather forecast on bbc news 24 I was astounded/dissapointed to see:

(1) How the north-west does'nt even get a mention in the forecast.

(2) As far as the graphics are concerned no major snow forecasted for the majority of nw England.

Woud be nice for them to give us a mention - alot of people live here that would like to now.

Feels like you're the 'invisible' guest at a party really. I've tried to be all 'c'est la vie' but am feeling a bit fed up tonight. Hopefully there'll be something to smile about at some point. :lol:

Posted

mmmmm... you see I'm not getting it that heavy here at the moment lol - just light flakes falling - so just shows how localised the showers can be. Hopefully more on the way :lol:

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
The snow is still melting when it hits the ground here, rather bizarre, its 0.4C at the moment

Very strange that Stephen. Here we still have snow on the shed and car from five o'clock- (Only a tiny dusting) but it hasn't melted. Perhaps the people of Heswall need to insulate their homes better to stop the heat escaping !!! :lol: :D

Posted

Oh are you gettin the BBQ out, might pop over for a few burgers, its -2.4oC here :lol:

Posted
Very strange that Stephen. Here we still have snow on the shed and car from five o'clock- (Only a tiny dusting) but it hasn't melted. Perhaps the people of Heswall need to insulate their homes better to stop the heat escaping !!! :D:D

:lol: I think its the wind, its howling away off the edge of the hill, melting the snow and keeping the air temperature up. A little disappointing right now, I hope something settles tomorrow :)

Posted

We've got a good covering now, can no longer see the tarmac on the road. Stopped snowing for now though.

Hope the showers coming over the Pennines keep thier intensity.