Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Nw England

Spurry

Posted
The snow is still melting when it hits the ground here, rather bizarre, its 0.4C at the moment

Maybe it just needs something a little bit more heavier, Stephen - then it will stick :lol: It's -3 here now, so the snows is remaining in situ so-to-speak.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

hi guys

never posted before, been reading the forum for ages and thought that i would finally say hello, hoping for a bit of a snow event over the next few days but being in Crosby north Liverpool and only about 18ft above sea level not holding out much hope, been a few snow showers today so a little excited as to what might happen if anything, anybody know what Crosby's chances are for some of the white stuff?

Posted
Feels like you're the 'invisible' guest at a party really. I've tried to be all 'c'est la vie' but am feeling a bit fed up tonight. Hopefully there'll be something to smile about at some point. :lol:

Its extremely disapointing to find the absolute shear and utter negligence and incompetence of the forecasters. In the latest forecast:

South-east england

South-west England

The Midlands

Eastern England

North east England

Scotland

Ireland

all got a mention. THE WORDS NORTH-WEST OF ENGLAND WAS NOT DID NOT PASS THE FORECASTERS LIPS.

Posted
We've got a good covering now, can no longer see the tarmac on the road. Stopped snowing for now though.

Hope the showers coming over the Pennines keep thier intensity.

I'm in warrington and haven't got a covering of any description. I moving north by 2 miles!!!

Posted

Hi john74 - I think your chances are better from tomorrow evening onwards, but you may get a few rogue showers reaching your parts tonight, hopefully.

Posted
Oh are you gettin the BBQ out, might pop over for a few burgers, its -2.4oC here :D

The burgers are on and the tinnies are ready. Deck chairs at the ready for a spot of lampost watching :D:D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Its extremely disapointing to find the absolute shear and utter negligence and incompetence of the forecasters. In the latest forecast:

South-east england

South-west England

The Midlands

Eastern England

North east England

Scotland

Ireland

all got a mention. THE WORDS NORTH-WEST OF ENGLAND WAS NOT DID NOT PASS THE FORECASTERS LIPS.

They may have simply forgotten, or perhaps given northwest England is the single most sheltered area in the UK during an easterly, were not expected to get much/anything?

Posted
The burgers are on and the tinnies are ready. Deck chairs at the ready for a spot of lampost watching :D:D:D

Bah, put a wooly hat & your thermals on and come n have one up here, you will not need to strain your eyes as much lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

South-east england

South-west England

The Midlands

Eastern England

North east England

Scotland

Ireland

...which makes

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/...t_warnings.html

seem totally meaningless. I would normally be at least moderately excited by such a page on the meto site, but after the BBC forecast I think it's there so they can't say we weren't 'warned' if nothing happens. Back-covering methinks.

Posted
Hi john74 - I think your chances are better from tomorrow evening onwards, but you may get a few rogue showers reaching your parts tonight, hopefully.

hi dodgeredee

sods law not in work tomorrow, was hoping for a white out, would like to say it was for my kids but i would be lying, not sure how to read any of the charts but been trying to make sense of it all, been reading this forum all day, i think my missus thinks i might be a bit obsessive thanks for the reply though.

john

Posted
They may have simply forgotten, or perhaps given northwest England is the single most sheltered area in the UK during an easterly, were not expected to get much/anything?

I think the latter statement is probably correct.

I'm gonna stop gbeing so disapointed by things now, I said all along that being an easterly we woud'nt get anything from this so I should'nt be suprised. Just so many times that pretty much the whole of the country gets a decent snowfall and the north west misses out again - thats what bothers me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Granada weather just said 15-20cms in eastern Pennine areas, but 'a fair few cms' possible in western areas later in the day too. At least they didn't cancel the forecast because the nw has vanished from the map. :whistling:

Posted

It's been snowing moderately here for some time.

Still tracking the blob of cloud in the north sea now touching the yorkshire coast.

Karyo

I think the latter statement is probably correct.

I'm gonna stop gbeing so disapointed by things now, I said all along that being an easterly we woud'nt get anything from this so I should'nt be suprised. Just so many times that pretty much the whole of the country gets a decent snowfall and the north west misses out again - thats what bothers me.

have a look at 18z then you will feel much better

by the way although i am NW strictly speaking im more in the middle of the country so thats does make a difference for sure as easterlies do eliver here as i have seen tonight

I'm in warrington and haven't got a covering of any description. I moving north by 2 miles!!!

I'm in southern edge of Warrington, none here either. Looking at the motorway cams and various others shows that the showers are giving coverings roughly level with central Manchester northwards - in some parts looks almost as heavy as in southeastern England.

http://www.keepmoving.co.uk/home_jamcams.aspx

Interestingly, I know temperatures a below zero in many areas of the country, but not so low that gritting wouldn't be effective. However, there doesn't seem to have been much done judging by how easily an inch or two of snow is able to settle. Poor effort considering the notice given, I think a lot of people will be having the day off tomorrow.

Posted
I'm in southern edge of Warrington, none here either. Looking at the motorway cams and various others shows that the showers are giving coverings roughly level with central Manchester northwards - in some parts looks almost as heavy as in southeastern England.

http://www.keepmoving.co.uk/home_jamcams.aspx

Interestingly, I know temperatures a below zero in many areas of the country, but not so low that gritting wouldn't be effective. However, there doesn't seem to have been much done judging by how easily an inch or two of snow is able to settle. Poor effort considering the notice given, I think a lot of people will be having the day off tomorrow.

I'm in stockton heath and guess what?? its snowing !! but only slightly

Posted

South-east england

South-west England

The Midlands

Eastern England

North east England

Scotland

Ireland

Nothing new there then... when does the N West ever get a mention? Put it this way, if THE biggest snow event ever was affecting the North West, and nowhere else, it wouldn't get the coverage everywhere else is getting tonight.

Posted
Granada weather just said 15-20cms in eastern Pennine areas, but 'a fair few cms' possible in western areas later in the day too. At least they didn't cancel the forecast because the nw has vanished from the map. :D

Local forecasts definetly worth keeping an eye on considering the national weather dont have us in the script. Also nw radars and the forum will be very useful - learn alot more here anyhow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

non stop here since 8, heavy at the mo too!!

Posted
have a look at 18z then you will feel much better

by the way although i am NW strictly speaking im more in the middle of the country so thats does make a difference for sure as easterlies do eliver here as i have seen tonight

I am yet too see it mate - could you explain further, cheers.

Posted
just looked out the window and cant believe what i am seeing bring it on

Balti..c pies :rofl::D