Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Nw England

Spurry

Posted

South East thread really getting it now, Steve Murr reporting several inches already. Go on snow, come to the North West lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
ah right maybe i will be too, milnrow isnt too far from you

It very difficult to say, it's very hit and miss

What is that blob? It stands out in the satellite image

It should be over us now, maybe it's just high cloud?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
It very difficult to say, it's very hit and miss

It should be over us now, maybe it's just high cloud?

well it is still snowing here so i can only assume i am in the band

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

snow now settling on all surfaces. The roads just havent been gritted

Posted
Just driven back from Liverpool city centre, snow flurries more frequent there, saw quite a few cars showing off with a dusting of snow on them, tsk!! :blush:

Only getting the odd flake floating in the wind here

Posted
Just driven back from Liverpool city centre, snow flurries more frequent there, saw quite a few cars showing off with a dusting of snow on them, tsk!! :blush:

Saw those flurries whilst watching the Liverpool Chelsea game today, bit surprising considering how far West Liverpool is but that typical of these set ups.

Now get back to the NE thread, where you belong. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
The GFS shows a band of showery precipitation between midnight and 3am and then the main event tomorrow from 6pm. Plenty of precipitation!

In fact, the midnight till 3am band is getting picked up by the 10:30 met office radar on the coast of north Lincilnshire and Yorkshire. Areas south of Manchester should be mainly dry till about midnight.

Karyo

Do you mean

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/Rtavn304.png

and

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/Rtavn364.png

Posted

Posted
Hi John - that's March '06 in my avatar. Big difference was that we had a major front coming from the west which mixed with cold air until the milder Atlantic sourced air won out. Now we are reliant on showers making it over the Pennines - we'll keep the cold more readily but precipitation is more of an issue. AQs happy days has mentioned though, the latest models are suggested longer and more pronounced cold - check out the model output discussion.

got to be honest i do follow the Models thread but i am struggling to understand what they are on about, i understand that not much from the east makes it over the fun spoiling Pennines but with all the hype i thought this time might be different, what is the best chart to look at with regards to the easiest to read and make sense of? problem is i dont know what i am looking for

Cheers

John

Posted

Yes, it shows the precipitaion affecting us as we ll as the rest of England.

Mr Data re: the blob of cloud. This is a trough or generally more organised showers that have crossed the north sea and heading our way. It's not over us yet. It should be around midnight. Currently north Lincolnshire, Humberside and parts of Yorkshire are reporting increased shower activity as a result. The 18z also shws this from 0am - 3am.

Karyo

Posted
I dont think im going to see any snow, from this looking at the latest bbc forecast anyways.

yeah not looking too promising up there is it

Posted

as if by magic just looked outside the front door and snow falling in Crosby not a bad little covering as well, if i new how to upload pics i would, feel like waking the kids up but after a couple of bottles of wine probably not a good idea, hope it lasts a while.

Posted

I am slightly sceptical about this band of ppn set to make its way over from midnight to 3am. By the time its got over the Pennines I think alot of it will have broken up by the time it reaches us with the exception of higher ground as usual.

Posted
I am slightly sceptical about this band of ppn set to make its way over from midnight to 3am. By the time its got over the Pennines I think alot of it will have broken up by the time it reaches us with the exception of higher ground as usual.

The same could be said about the showers i've had on and off this afternoon and evening. I am on low ground to the west of the Pennines and still managed a covering in the city centre!

Karyo

Posted
I dont think im going to see any snow, from this looking at the latest bbc forecast anyways.

Monday into Tesday a band of ppn is supposed to affect most of Scotland, there is a chance Carlisle might get soomething out of that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry summers, chilly winters

Anything that falls anywhere should be there in the morning so I hope to see at least something when I get up rather than waiting now, although I suppose that's the fun bit.

Edited by Cric_lancster

Posted
as if by magic just looked outside the front door and snow falling in Crosby not a bad little covering as well, if i new how to upload pics i would, feel like waking the kids up but after a couple of bottles of wine probably not a good idea, hope it lasts a while.

Finally getting a :D

covering here in formby!!!!!

Posted

Still waiting here in Ainsdale Southport!

Just started ! Very fine and blowing about.