Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Nw England

Spurry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
the gfs precip type shows rain for tonight, is that likely?

Good Morning Swainclubber

Would not surprise me in the Least without sounding negative I really am getting that

Sinking feeling about Tonight.Hope i am wrong Though as i said last night its about time we

Had a real good Snow Event.Just seen the latest pictures from The South.I Am so Jelous :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Got a light dusting of snow overnight. Not the most enthralling sight ever, but better than what we usually get!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
its getting a tad annoying now all these showers are missing me lol.

As for tonight i dont know i guess snow but temps awill incrase abit overnight.By the time the front clears it will be back below zero.

hi james very frustrating for the last couple of hoyrs are we just being unlucky or is it going a bit pear shaped for us at the moment?

We're just unlucky at the moment but I think something might hit us in the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Sunshine and mod-heavy snow showers here in rochdale atm.Lots more heavy snow to come this afternoon/tonight so local radio says. So do take care out there.

Posted

Just watching the radar now for the next lot of showers passing south of Manchester heading this way, although I'm sure it'll find a way to go around us!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
Good Morning Swainclubber

Would not surprise me in the Least without sounding negative I really am getting that

Sinking feeling about Tonight.Hope i am wrong Though as i said last night its about time we

Had a real good Snow Event.Just seen the latest pictures from The South.I Am so Jelous :)

Morning, yeah likewise, time will tell i guess.back to work i go lol

Posted
Just watching the radar now for the next lot of showers passing south of Manchester heading this way, although I'm sure it'll find a way to go around us!!

Louise

Let hope They Get to us Still Sunny Here and overnight covering starting to melt now Lol

Might do some work outside at this rate Lol :)

Posted

I am at work now in Wythenshawe. It's an open floor with about 100 staff but about half didn't turn up (working from home option was given).

We've had an hour of sunshire but cloudy again now with showers to the east shown on the radar. Showers in Lincolnshire, the Wash and East Anglia are merging onto longer spells of snow and that's ahead of the low pressure that's moving in from the southeast.

Karyo

Posted
Are we predicted to get more snow in South Manchester... mainly around Wythenshawe / Manc Airport?

Just Watch The Radar Mate if you have got access to it.If not well worth

Investing.To answer yor Question thought there are now Showers Appearing

South Manchester.

Posted
I am at work now in Wythenshawe. It's an open floor with about 100 staff but about half didn't turn up (working from home option was given).

We've had an hour of sunshire but cloudy again now with showers to the east shown on the radar. Showers in Lincolnshire, the Wash and East Anglia are merging onto longer spells of snow and that's ahead of the low pressure that's moving in from the southeast.

Karyo

I tried to get into Manchester from Wythenshawe earlier, but traffic was crawling and from past experience when its backed up like that then it can take an hour at least to get into town.

So I've decided to do college programming work from home today... not risking a trip over the Pennines today :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Another shower here, should be making it's way to you happy days.

Posted
I tried to get into Manchester from Wythenshawe earlier, but traffic was crawling and from past experience when its backed up like that then it can take an hour at least to get into town.

So I've decided to do college programming work from home today... not risking a trip over the Pennines today :rolleyes:

Wise decision! There is some wild weather over the Pennines!

As i live in the city centre and work in Wythenshawe i drive on main roads so i should be all rght even if heavier snow comes later. However, i think they will send us home by 3pm like it has haoppened before with far less snow.

Starting to snow again now.

Karyo

Posted
got it james but a very brief shower wasn't it!

can u link me the radar buddy?

Well I'm using NetWeather radar which is a subscription but here are two others which are decent.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx?zoom=6&amp...lon=5.888671875

Edit: just turned very heavy here and visibility right down.

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

0.6C here, and the suns out. The temperature is actually rising fairly quickly now in the shade, so I imagine the dusting of snow won't take long to melt. I hope the temperature doesn't rise any further otherwise if we get above 3C today then that snow forecasted later might just fall as sleet/cold rain.

Posted
Wise decision! There is some wild weather over the Pennines!

As i live in the city centre and work in Wythenshawe i drive on main roads so i should be all rght even if heavier snow comes later. However, i think they will send us home by 3pm like it has haoppened before with far less snow.

Starting to snow again now.

Karyo

Yes I have the snow now too... Happy days, I'm like a little kid again :cold:

Posted
Showers to the east seem to be getting heavier and more frequent. Read a report of thundersnow from the Hull area on TWO

That's promising as that's what we've been getting all night the showers from the Humberside and Lincolnshire area. Streamers have formed!

Moderate snowfall now in Wythenshawe

Karyo

Posted
BLIZZARD!!! :cold::cold:

Told you :D