Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Ireland

Posted

real powdery snow here also,looks like somebody went out on the deck in the garden and emptied a bag of sugar :D hopefully this is just the start :D

current temp : 0.9c

SP

Posted

N.Ireland looks set to get a bit of snow late tommorow night and into the early hours of tuesday then later in the week alot more. Exciting times ahead.Green with envy watching the news reports tonight for southern england. That was some crack of thunder when those two people were getting interviewed!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
Yeah but it is light stuff. No hope of lying. The action begins after midnight.

Do you mean for the East coasts N and S or just around your area?

Posted
Settling here :D

On the coast not yet but I can tell you skies have cleared here and the wind has gone which means ground temps will plummet now and anything that falls later will settle. Lucky you inland a bit. Is it the real powder stuff I had 5 minutes ago?

Do you mean for the East coasts N and S or just around your area?

Tonight it will be County Louth south - sorry! - that is just what the models show but you never know. You will certainly have your time with this cold spell tomorrow or the rest of the week anyway.

Posted
N.Ireland looks set to get a bit of snow late tommorow night and into the early hours of tuesday then later in the week alot more. Exciting times ahead.Green with envy watching the news reports tonight for southern england. That was some crack of thunder when those two people were getting interviewed!!

Yes saw that ronan it certainly scared the S*** out of the fella being interviewed. I have often wondered what triggers thundersnow. I thought thunder was mainly a spring/summer/autumn event. Clearly not though. Hopefully the charts and forecasts will play ball as you say though your area will definately do better out of a N, N/E than mine. I hope this is not the case as i am snow starved. Its as well we dont rely on it to live ! lol :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Yep, powder snow, , snow watch continues through the night.

Posted
On the coast not yet but I can tell you skies have cleared here and the wind has gone which means ground temps will plummet now and anything that falls later will settle. Lucky you inland a bit. Is it the real powder stuff I had 5 minutes ago?

Tonight it will be County Louth south - sorry! - that is just what the models show but you never know. You will certainly have your time with this cold spell tomorrow or the rest of the week anyway.

Good luck with that and hopefully we will all see our fair share and a good dumping to remember.

Posted

Nothing here in Lusk :D I know early yet but I need to think about bed soon if I'm to get up and attempt my journey to London... which is looking less likely but I should at least make the effort!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Snowing very lightly here in Bangor but big flakes mixed in...settling too. Current temp is 1.8c.

May the games begin.

Anyone had a laugh at meto yet, just look at their forecats for Belfast...rain showers tommorow afternoon?....erm NOOOO! LOL

Posted
Snowing very lightly here in Bangor but big flakes mixed in...settling too. Current temp is 1.8c.

May the games begin.

Anyone had a laugh at meto yet, just look at their forecats for Belfast...rain showers tommorow afternoon?....erm NOOOO! LOL

Gotta be a joke mate! I live beside a beach and ive just had the finest powder you will ever see.

Posted

May the games begin.

Yes watcher - have a few very light flurries on the other side of the Lough but nothing noticeable at the minute. I have to agree some of the forecasts for temp and precipitation look questionable to me.

Posted
Yes watcher - have a few very light flurries on the other side of the Lough but nothing noticeable at the minute. I have to agree some of the forecasts for temp and precipitation look questionable to me.

If you watch the precip on radar, it quickly grows in intensity as it moves over the Lough, a forebearer of things to come? The -10 uppers are just moving over us now, thats what gave the shower intensity, and well I would not be surprised to see a few more heavier showers cropping up in the next 30mins or so in the Irish Sea.

In regards to the Meto forecast, I sincerely doubt Belfast and East coast precipitation tommorow afternoon willbe rain, the milder uppers which only receed to -3/-4c aren't due to arrive until late tommorow evening, and given that snow will have been falling beforehand, ground and air temps will be fairly low even during this milder blip so I'd expect nothing but wet snow or snow to be falling widely. DAM raises to 532, even that is sustainable for snow.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Remaining dry here so far.It was fairly cloudy but the skies seem to be clearing here too. Probably be later in the night before i see anything.

Current temp 1.4c

Posted
If you watch the precip on radar, it quickly grows in intensity as it moves over the Lough, a forebearer of things to come? The -10 uppers are just moving over us now, thats what gave the shower intensity, and well I would not be surprised to see a few more heavier showers cropping up in the next 30mins or so in the Irish Sea.

In regards to the Meto forecast, I sincerely doubt Belfast and East coast precipitation tommorow afternoon willbe rain, the milder uppers which only receed to -3/-4c aren't due to arrive until late tommorow evening, and given that snow will have been falling beforehand, ground and air temps will be fairly low even during this milder blip so I'd expect nothing but wet snow or snow to be falling widely. DAM raises to 532, even that is sustainable for snow.

I would have thought so myself but for some reason weve had very little mention on the forecasts ! Maybe the English have forgotten about us with the excitment across the water !lol :D Mods - just joking !

Posted

The met radar at 2330hrs has burnt out !! lol Precipitation has largely disappeared countrywide ! :D:D

Posted
I would have thought so myself but for some reason weve had very little mention on the forecasts ! Maybe the English have forgotten about us with the excitment across the water !lol :D Mods - just joking !

Haha, I wouldn't worry about the mod's they can take a few rant and raves here and there, they are good folk and really nice people. It wouldn't surprise me if they have....the gritters have been out tonight and they weren't on their usual main road parade, they were gritting all surfaces and small roads which to me suggests that snow is on the cards, otherwise they'd just be gritting main roads.

P.S Im tucking into a nice Sunday dinner, roasties and all, was at my friends all day playing darts....50legs of 501 in a row.....my arms stiffer than a frozen kitten.

My temperature has dropped very suddenly to 1.4c from 1.8c 10 minutes ago!

Edited by The watcher

Posted
Haha, I wouldn't worry about the mod's they can take a few rant and raves here and there, they are good folk and really nice people. It wouldn't surprise me if they have....the gritters have been out tonight and they weren't on their usual main road parade, they were gritting all surfaces and small roads which to me suggests that snow is on the cards, otherwise they'd just be gritting main roads.

P.S Im tucking into a nice Sunday dinner, roasties and all, was at my friends all day playing darts....50legs of 501 in a row.....my arms stiffer than a frozen kitten.

My temperature has dropped very suddenly to 1.4c from 1.8c 10 minutes ago!

Never mind 50 legs in a row i would settle for 50 snow showers in a row ! lol Temp here 1.9C and falling with a dew poitn of -3C.

Posted
More snow now. DP.....wait for it.....-5.2C....no wonder.

Never seen any on the radar...must be more cropping up with convection starting to increase.

1.3c now

Posted
Never seen any on the radar...must be more cropping up with convection starting to increase.

1.3c now

Just seen Peter Gibbs saying for here and Eastern Scotland - temps barely above freezing with showers becoming more frequent as the day goes on. Certainly falling as snow inland but sleet or rain on the coasts !

Whats going on? The charts i looked at suggest sub 528dam across NI, sub -5C 850's and low D/P. What does it take to get snoew to fall here !! :)

Posted
Just seen Peter Gibbs saying for here and Eastern Scotland - temps barely above freezing with showers becoming more frequent as the day goes on. Certainly falling as snow inland but sleet or rain on the coasts !

Whats going on? The charts i looked at suggest sub 528dam across NI, sub -5C 850's and low D/P. What does it take to get snoew to fall here !! :lol:

Well, im on the coast and im tellin yeh there was real snow here. The beeb and the MO don't care about Ireland (of course they can't forcast south of the border but anyway) - they never forcast accurately here. It's England centric.

Edited by The Eagle