Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Ireland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

A few photos I took at 5am this morning.

post-2637-1233584089_thumb.jpg

post-2637-1233584212_thumb.jpg

post-2637-1233584395_thumb.jpg

Edited by John Cox

Posted

Mostly snow flurries here on and off-though from 11am to about 1pm we got about 2 inches.

Thats thawing bigtime at 2c

Posted
Nice, but rubs in even more what we are not getting in other parts...

What are your thoughts for later tonight Eagle?

You will definately need to be inland. DP's look to rise quickly unfortunately.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_06_UTC/18_18.gif

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Had a few snow and hail showers last night and today,although nothing really stuck. So im a bit diappionteed for now. However the real story was always going to be about tonight and tomorrow and i hope myself and many will get a good amount of snow. Max temp today 3.1c (higher then i would have thought) but currently 1.7c

Posted

I think snowfall of >3cm in Northern Ireland tonight is still very marginal. Looking at the radar, England's snow showers seem to be tracking in more of a Northernly direction than we would like.

Posted

If we were to get anything like the UK have at present we would grind to a halt, we dont have the equipment here to deal with snow like that.

The BBC were showing Ireland overnight getting a lot of snow and spreading into the West "hopefully"

Posted

Had a few light hail showers on east coast. All eyes to tonight, I would say will start out as snow but turn readily to sleet on the coast. A few miles inland should see a good covering. Good to see some of the southern contingent get a few cm.

The rest of the week should be interesting with frequent snow showers on Thursday- Friday

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

Just had our first eveniing shower and one that has started to settle now that the sun is setting:

post-2593-1233593650_thumb.jpg

Posted

Pretty awsome scenes now where i am in Dublin. Really heavy snow at times, blizzard conditions. Think my area is caught in a streamer. The snow is mounting on the ground.

Posted

South Dublin plus Counties Wicklow, Laois, Carlow, Wexford, Kilkenny and Waterford should see a lot of snow tonight. North of Dublin along the east coast is likely to see small accumulations.

Posted

BBC News 24 - Computer says no for eastern NI with sleet or rain (sometimes difficult to tell). Inland look really good, and plenty of snow showing up in the South East and South West of Ireland. Antrim looked good to.

Posted

Getting dodgy in Dublin now - very heavy snow here atm. Reports of 6 inches in western suburbs. Quite an awesome sight right now actually. Though not as much on the ground here.

Edited by The Eagle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Well, not a drip or drop of any precipitation today, just plain old patchy cumulus off the Irish Sea....the band of persistent rain/snow not due here until around 8-9pm. Although temp here now is currently 2.6c, the 850hpa will be around -4/-5 in the mildest air in tonights mixed upper temps so its a close call. Iam near the coast, around 2-3 miles off it, I don't think it will have much of an effect so long as temperatures are close to or below freezing and dew points are around 0 or sub zero.

Posted

Here in Derry today the showers have been pretty persistent. Nothing lay during the day but had a very heavy hail shower about have an hour ago and its pure white outside. Nothing major but its a start!!

Posted

Had a heavy hail shower again left a covering but noticed the wind has picked up quite a lot here on the coast. Bad news. I would expect sleet for here but places down South to get quite a bit with places up north Like Ballyclare, Antrim, Ballymena and mid ulster generally could fair well.

10inches most likely for Ronan tho he seems to be a snow magnet :o

Posted

I'm becoming increasing excited that we might see a significant snow fall (5-10cm) in the Down, Armagh and Louth areas tonight. Just hoping that Easterly wind doesn't dive South once it hits land.

Posted

south kildare, near kilcullen this afternoon and its still getting deeper, prob best snow since dublin in january 81

post-2767-1233602830_thumb.jpg

post-2767-1233602870_thumb.jpg

post-2767-1233602907_thumb.jpg