Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Ireland

Posted

Light covering of snow here this morning, temps down to -3oC, more than I was expecting overnight.

Here's to the real deal this afternoon and tonight.

Posted
So theres a streamer about 4 miles south of here.

I feel so helpless! What a disaster

Nothing here.

Yep,constant heavy snow here :)

Sp

Posted
How much on the turf?

Don't know, everything is white,cars have 3cm.the grass in the garden is long and almost all white :D

SP

Posted
Don't know, everything is white,cars have 3cm.the grass in the garden is long and almost all white :)

SP

Light dusting left on the ground here after a few heavy showers between 5 and 7am

Showers since like Matty have been going either to the south or the north of me.

Currently 2.2c

dewpoint -3.3c

Posted

Not a mm even here, wet ground outside. Showers heading in around 3 miles to south, no exaggerating and it looks like staying like that for the forseable future with another band moving into Drogheda.

Posted
Not a mm even here, wet ground outside. Showers heading in around 3 miles to south, no exaggerating and it looks like staying like that for the forseable future with another band moving into Drogheda.

The Isle of Man seems to be responsible for the gap in the shower activity Matt! :o Just very light flurries here on and off in the North County also! :o

Posted

pelting down now in kildare, couple of cm,s already, roads very dangerous, can't wait for the big fall later today/tommorow

Posted

well I have just had a mini blizzard in my area for the last hour that left about 1 inch on every surface :):shok: :o :):D

SP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Nothing up here in Bangor yet, but looking good so far guys, the reason we have not sen much shower activity up here yet is the shorter sea track but this will change as the Low pressure approaches as the wind will go more favourable and instability gets better. Bring on the trumpsnow!

Edited by The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

What part of Dublin do you live in Snowplough?

All quiet here in Palmerstown.

Posted
What part of Dublin do you live in Snowplough?

All quiet here in Palmerstown.

Morning John-sorry to hear you are not getting your share of snow but you must have a chance later today-trust all is well with you said he as he ventured out into 4cm of snow.

Posted

Some serious stuff on the way tonight and tomorrow according to Met Eireann but anyway yeah heavy snow showers atm :cold:

I see a few anvils emerging.

Edited by The Eagle

Posted

It's good to see the South getting some snow for a change - it's usually NI that gets the white stuff when it's around, not that that's a regular occurrence by any means. I'm hoping some will arrive up here later today too - I will be driving to a vantage near where I live to check the Mournes for snow every few hours today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind
Morning John-sorry to hear you are not getting your share of snow but you must have a chance later today-trust all is well with you said he as he ventured out into 4cm of snow.

Hi Mike,

What an event for you in the UK, well done and enjoy.

I am quite happy at present as we have a light covering and are getting light snow/hail showers at the moment. Our Met people expect a more generous helping for us guys on the east coast this evening and tonight, so fingers crossed.

Posted

Hello - I dont post here often but I feel my posts are going to get lost over on TWO,so in case anyone has missed this - Met Eirann have a new warning out - looks good for all of Ireland :) :

Issued at 02 February 2009 - 11:11

Severe Weather Warning

Snow Showers affecting much of Leinster and west Ulster will spread to all other parts of Ireland tonight and during Tuesday. Snow depth of 3 to 8 cm is expected in many places and there will be a widespread penetrating frost during the night hours.

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

Very heavy shower here at the moment, showers throughout the day so far have been infrequent. The sun is blistering in between so with the mix nothing has settled as yet.

Still, it remains early!

Mrs Dazza is away in Spain at a conference at the mo and will be flying back into Dublin tomorrow evening.

I would be greatful if anyone could give me the heads up from the airport North during tomorrow afternoon so I can let her know how things are (she is driving back up).

Cheers.