Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Ireland

Posted

still nothing here just a mini hail shower could anyone show me a radar?

Posted

It's now looking like the majority of Ireland will escape snowfall

Incredible after the UK getting such a pasting.

We truly are cursed and this proves it.

Just watched the beeb and he's talking more and more about rain and sleet.

Last chance looks like tomorrow, then a gradual but noticeable increase in temps.

Darkman / Matty I see ye got little snow today. You can now add me to the sorrow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind
How the heavy stuff went into NI, i just dont know!

Rain and snizzle here

Hi Matty,

You really need to move inland a few miles :)

Posted

Really snowing heavy now, up to 3cm in about an hour.

I should be into the warmer dew points so it looks like a little altitude does the trick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Now sleet here but just like watcher took a wee trip to the local shop via the scenic route lol! Went up towards Chancellors road near the dams at the back of Carrick and lets just say im a lucky boy !lol At least 3 inches of snow and cars stuck. Was very lucky to get back. Some nice drifts piling up in blizzard like conitions. I think that area is btw 400 - 600ft ASL.

Posted
It's now looking like the majority of Ireland will escape snowfall

Incredible after the UK getting such a pasting.

We truly are cursed and this proves it.

Just watched the beeb and he's talking more and more about rain and sleet.

Last chance looks like tomorrow, then a gradual but noticeable increase in temps.

Darkman / Matty I see ye got little snow today. You can now add me to the sorrow :lol:

Wouldnt say that JS - Yes tonight would have been a bonus but I think all eyes are fixated on Weds night- Thurs and Friday when the Northerly crashes in!

Posted
Now sleet here but just like watcher took a wee trip to the local shop via the scenic route lol! Went up towards Chancellors road near the dams at the back of Carrick and lets just say im a lucky boy !lol At least 3 inches of snow and cars stuck. Was very lucky to get back. Some nice drifts piling up in blizzard like conitions. I think that area is btw 400 - 600ft ASL.

Dare you to take a run up the Glenshane Pass!

Posted
Dare you to take a run up the Glenshane Pass!

I would do it but its to far away lol ! :lol: That was tight enough for my wee car all the same ! :lol:

Posted
I would do it but its to far away lol ! :lol: That was tight enough for my wee car all the same ! :lol:

Ronan will be up tomorrow probably in the glenshane pass takin pics of high foot snowfall B) I told you he was a snow magnet! B)

Posted

Hittin the sack now, still snowing lightly before the next batch moves in. Wonder if there will be any left in the morning?

Temp - - 0.1c

Dew - -0.3c

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Still snowing a bit here. A few cms on the grass but not as much on the roads and pavements. Current temp 0.2c

Posted
Hittin the sack now, still snowing lightly before the next batch moves in. Wonder if there will be any left in the morning?

Temp - - 0.1c

Dew - -0.3c

Thats crazy mountain - your 20 miles from me and I gettin sleet and and your gettin snow!

Posted
Ronan will be up tomorrow probably in the glenshane pass takin pics of high foot snowfall :D I told you he was a snow magnet! :(

The NW always does well ! Take a S'ly, SE'ly, E'ly all non favoured directions for the NW and they'd still come up smelling of roses !lol :D

Anyone seen the 18z - looks cold out to 200hrs but the sat nite event looking more and more marginal for the whole province as the developing trough has developed further east on that run so like tonight we end up with higher 850's unfortunately. However numerous more runs before then so hopefully it will get shunted back west again. Following on though is another northerly for a few days before the atlantic tries to make in roads. Very uncertain outlook me thinks. Anyway wind is playing with my Sky Tv so i think its bedtime. Happy lamppost watching to all (Ronan - keep it calm the spelling was abit off earlier with all that excitment !)lol :D:rolleyes:

Posted
Ronan will be up tomorrow probably in the glenshane pass takin pics of high foot snowfall :D I told you he was a snow magnet! :(

:D I'm actually off work tomorrow and heading up to Lough Muck in Omagh for one of our winter pike fishing competitions. Its gonna be a cold one but us hardy fishermen be out in all types of weather :rolleyes: . Its actually not going to be a bad day tomorrow. Will probably head to the glenshane of saturday with the dog. :D

Posted

Have to say though the MET OFFICE called it well on the east coast even at lunchtime forecasting sleet and rain for the evening!

Will turn back to snow in a few hours though once this mild sector buggers off :rolleyes:

Posted

It has been pretty heavy and persistent here at sea level in far North Co Dublin for the last couple of hours. Mostly sleety but sometimes it turns back to snow. Im sure the local hills (in excess of 100m ASL) have got a right pasting. There has been some very nasty gusts from time to time also.

Im not suprised at some of the disapointment here tonight from some of the posters who are close to the Irish Sea coast. Although you can be pretty much guaranteed precipitation round here in an easterly, Im not a big fan of them from an IMBY perspective because Ive rarely seen them produce a lasting covering. The snow typically only survives along the coast if the wind becomes light enough:- this usually allows a land breeze of one sort or another to displace the easterly at the surface. Ironically, this happened in last January's (2008) very marginal easterly which delivered quite well locally!

Even back in Feb 1991, which involved a colder airmass, the snow in this neck of the woods usually melted after a couple of hours. It wasnt until the Saturday evening (9th Feb) when the wind eased, that the snow really managed to accumulate and survive the night!

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted
This is frying my head now. Theres been really really light snow for the past half hour. Just wish the proper stuff would hurry up and move in. :D:D:D:D:D

LOL want me to post radar pic up or you have netweather radar - give me your postcode if you don't have it and I will post latest radar pic Ronan

Edited by shrike

Posted

Moderately heavy snow here near Armagh. But it's wet-ish at the moment, albeit lying well. It's falling as rain lower down, near Lough Neagh and no doubt as the real thing in the high Mournes.

Posted
My postcode is BT47 5FA. Cheers Shrike :D

Heavy stuff heading you way mate. The snow magnet lol. Latest radar. Had to use imageshack couldnt upload on netweather for some reason!

http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...11111111ko3.png

Posted
Heavy snow continuing to fall here in Randalstown - no sign of sleet or rain!

I knew you guys inland would see some snow - Antrim always was one of the favoured locations.