Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Ireland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Sleet/wet snow here at present and ground is wet already. Thats the end of that me thinks. Good luck folks for your own fortunes.

Posted
Hi folks.....

Very light flakes just started falling in Newtownabbey..............

Hey Crispo!

Welcome aboard the snow train.

Its snowing in Ballyclare and getting heavier. Ground pretty wet so gonna need to belt it down to grip.

Temp is 2.2 ond pressure is dropping.

:D

Posted
Shrike

You should know by now the East coast snow shield has gone up !lol :D Its the same in the summer - shield goes up for thunderstorms !

LoL Johnny you say that next 30minutes we will probably get Thundersnow. 2 for 1 :(

Posted
  • Location: Hillsborough, Co Down (100m) - home. East London (15m) - uni

Moderate snow falling in Hillsborough - no settling as yet though...

Posted
LoL Johnny you say that next 30minutes we will probably get Thundersnow. 2 for 1 :(

Wouldnt that be ironic !lol :) But shield is in overdrive here sleet/wet snow so no good to me ! :D

Posted

Strange - Temp down now to 2.2C from 2.6C 10mins ago. D/P on the rise though currently -0.7C

Posted

Hi BR....

Temp down to 1.6 from 2.2 since snow started falling....my elavation here is arond 70m asl "i think"....

I know you are that bit higher....Good luck

Posted
Wouldnt that be ironic !lol :D But shield is in overdrive here sleet/wet snow so no good to me ! B)

Yes, precip just hit here had a look out def the sleety type here. Further inland should be interesting though when the heavier stuff hits.

Posted
Hi BR....

Temp down to 1.6 from 2.2 since snow started falling....my elavation here is arond 70m asl "i think"....

I know you are that bit higher....Good luck

Your not that far away from me sir!

I've noticed my temp is starting to drop off too. Lets hope this trend continues.

There is a fairly heavy belt of precipitation moving in. Should be hitting the east coast soon.

Fingers crossed for all tonight!

Might have some trouble getting in to work tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Posted
Your not that far away from me sir!

I've noticed my temp is starting to drop off too. Lets hope this trend continues.

There is a fairly heavy belt of precipitation moving in. Should be hitting the east coast soon.

Fingers crossed for all tonight!

Might have some trouble getting in to work tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I think BR it may have to be a case of not stressing yourself in the morning !lol :lol: Temp down again to 1.8C D/P still on the up though at -0.6C

Cancel the last - temp down now to 1.5C ! Whats going on ! God it can only happen in this country ! I think someone upstairs is having a good laugh at this lol

Radar now showing moderate/heavy echos just hitting the East Coast

Edited by johnny1972

Posted

Snow lying on all surfaces now and falling heavier with larger flakes... Just hope it lasts!

Posted
I think BR it may have to be a case of not stressing yourself in the morning !lol :D Temp down again to 1.8C D/P still on the up though at -0.6C

Cancel the last - temp down now to 1.5C ! Whats going on ! God it can only happen in this country ! I think someone upstairs is having a good laugh at this lol

I never get to stressed about snow days! :D

Temp down here to 1.6. Coming down quite a bit heavier now making a good grip on the grass and starting on the cars. My Road and Pavements are not gritted as its a cul-de-sac so the ground is slushy but getting there. It's definitley weird weather we have!

Posted

Heavier snow falling now, probably 1cm at the moment, all surfaces covered.

Unfortunately temp is up to 0.5oC and dew point up to -0.5oC. Have a feeling it will be sleet and then rain shortly.

Posted

is there an heavy snow heading for the limavady inland to coleraine area because its 1c and have a lovely base of froozen hail ,also if it does come how much would we expect?

Posted
I never get to stressed about snow days! :D

Temp down here to 1.6. Coming down quite a bit heavier now making a good grip on the grass and starting on the cars. My Road and Pavements are not gritted as its a cul-de-sac so the ground is slushy but getting there. It's definitley weird weather we have!

Not about the snow - about going to work !lol :D Coming down heavy here now but too wet im afraid. Temp down to 1.3C D/P steady

How the heavy stuff went into NI, i just dont know!

Rain and snizzle here

Dont panick Matty - im by the sea on Belfast lough. Snowing now yes and heavy but ground now to wet. We'll take anything though thats how bad its got !lol :D

is there an heavy snow heading for the limavady inland to coleraine area because its 1c and have a lovely base of froozen hail ,also if it does come how much would we expect?

Dice - inland your in a very good position. Its snowing here though not lying but Im on the coast and the temp has dropped 1.3C in just over 3/4hr. I think you's may do alright. At a guess upto 3inches blowing around also in the wind. Some heavy echos have hit the East coast a short time ago so shouldnt be too long.

Posted

Click on attached link from the Met Office

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Precipitation moving your way, should get 2-5cm from that providing it stays as snow. There will be wintry showers throughout the night as well.

Posted
how much inland say 7miles. Edited by dice48

Posted
Not about the snow - about going to work !lol :p Coming down heavy here now but too wet im afraid. Temp down to 1.3C D/P steady

I got ya on that score. If the car so much as thinks about slipping tomorrow (When I put the foot down!) I think I'd better hang up the keys! :)

Temp down to 1C and still coming down. Starting to get a bit of a better grip on the road.

Posted

Still snowing here.

A quick heads up on later this week.

From Wednesday night onwards we will be in a northerly airstream with frequent snow (and they should be snow) showers pushing in, particularly on North and East coasts.

More interestingly on Friday evening into Saturday a feature moves in from the Atlantic bringing a pile of precipitation with it. This feature will have milder atlantic air wrapped in it and the snow line seems to run through the middle of the Provence. Snow amounts would be very large.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Well just had a trip to local tescos and got meself some cheesey balls lol. Its currently intermittent light/moderate sleet/wet snow so its a no go for me.....however as you say, surface temps starting to dip.

Posted

I'm getting plastered now, big chunky flakes. Have around 2cm now. Temp has dropped to freezing and dew point steady at -0.4oC.

An even bigger heads up for saturday night as another atlantic low pushes in, could provide even more snow. This is based on the GFS 18z run. Keep and eye on the fax charts and Met warnings.