Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted
Heavy rain here with a temperature of 2.9C.

All of the snow we had earlier has melted and it just looks like a normal wet night.

Im usually not too bothered about letdowns (theres been so many in the last few years) but I must admit that Im absolutely gutted about today. I just cant believe an ENEerly hasnt delivered the goods here with a sub -10C cold pool. As a couple have mentioned its torture when people just a few miles away have inches of the stuff lying.

Back to the models for later this week now I guess. Maybe a northerly will be more productive for us!

Less cold uppers over you now.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs032.gif

Posted
Heavy rain here with a temperature of 2.9C.

All of the snow we had earlier has melted and it just looks like a normal wet night.

Im usually not too bothered about letdowns (theres been so many in the last few years) but I must admit that Im absolutely gutted about today. I just cant believe an ENEerly hasnt delivered the goods here with a sub -10C cold pool. As a couple have mentioned its torture when people just a few miles away have inches of the stuff lying.

Back to the models for later this week now I guess. Maybe a northerly will be more productive for us!

Once again I empathise. Same here..I wish I felt more hopeful about the end of the week but most of the action seems further west, north and even south! We could easily miss out I think. Just one of those unfortunate & unusual set ups.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms
is it still snowing anywhere ?

Yep, still snowing in and around sheffield!

Posted
Yep, still snowing in and around sheffield!

Its well and truly pants here, It keeps switching from sleety rain to snow, which makes me wonder if that pesky mild sector is shifting, and this back edge will do something

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Still snowing here although the temperature has risen slowly to -0.6c at present. About 15cm of level snow.

Posted
Its well and truly pants here, It keeps switching from sleety rain to snow, which makes me wonder if that pesky mild sector is shifting, and this back edge will do something

The clearance moving in from the south east should crisp things up a bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see minus 4 here in the morning. - still snowing up here in the sticks.

Posted

not much fallin at all on radar, only york is lookin most intense, really weird, none event this!

Posted
not much fallin at all on radar, only york is lookin most intense, really weird, none event this!

Its all looking like the precipitation will be mainly light drizzle... pack the sledges away :lol:

Posted

just got in from work,drifting snow on the A6 into buxton,still snowing but only lightly.

Posted
This rain has been constant for hours now. With the snow melting aswell i can see flooding probs :lol: :lol:

Freezing conditions could be an issue for transport in the morning (love watching all those test pilots sliding into lamp posts!) But more likely that rain/sleet will prevent that happening.. damm B)

Looks like most activity has moved into the offshore region of North Eastern England/Scotland... oh well

Posted

rain an issue here too but with no snow cover beforehand no risk of flooding, but its very windy and rain is heavy at times.

Posted

Just about stopped snowing here.. temps have lifted to 0.5c but that won't stay that way for much longer..

Was able to pelt the kids with snowballs earlier.. Mission accomplished..

:D

Posted
changing again, pepping up underneath the band!

does anyone have any idea about temperature and dewpoint levels at 850mb at the moment or direct me to where i can see them for myself?

sorry for going off topic.

Posted

Been stopped for a while now in Nottingham, but we have retained all our snow! Hopefully a base for any further snowfalls the week may hold! :D

I think I've just made the place sound like a ski resort!

Edited by butler_son

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

I thought it was sleet earlier when I took a photo:

post-9352-1233617892_thumb.jpg

but it's full blow snow again, there's no more wheel tracks on the main road outside!

(everyone's being sensible and leaving their cars at home when they're out and about tonight!)

On look north, they said that the gritters were working hard to keep the roads clear - excuse me? :D

We live 300 yards away from the main gritting depot in this area and the last time I saw one was 4pm!

All the roads, including the ones that carry the main traffic (like the one running out the front of ours) are under approx. 5-10cm of snow!

Posted

well its peppin up more and heading for me, temp of 1.1c with dew of 0.1c, lookin promissin

Posted
well its peppin up more and heading for me, temp of 1.1c with dew of 0.1c, lookin promissin

looking a bit marginal for you then, but if there is very light percip over you , when heavier stuff arrives your temps shud drop

Posted
I thought it was sleet earlier when I took a photo:

post-9352-1233617892_thumb.jpg

but it's full blow snow again, there's no more wheel tracks on the main road outside!

(everyone's being sensible and leaving their cars at home when they're out and about tonight!)

On look north, they said that the gritters were working hard to keep the roads clear - excuse me? :D

We live 300 yards away from the main gritting depot in this area and the last time I saw one was 4pm!

All the roads, including the ones that carry the main traffic (like the one running out the front of ours) are under approx. 5-10cm of snow!

I work for Sheffield C.C. and the gritters have been working non stop for days. Just because you dont see them... And grit/salt is not a magic potion,it doesnt dissolve all below it like some acid....Do you really think they say oh bugger it we'll nip back for a coffee and 4 hrs kip.Local Government doesnt work like that :D