Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted
We keep having spells of light/ grainy snow, but it keeps on coming back!

this was taken around 3:50pm:

post-9352-1233608850_thumb.jpg

Now:

post-9352-1233608900_thumb.jpg

The car was clear at 3:45pm as we'd only just got back from the local village, now it's got a decent covering:

post-9352-1233609013_thumb.jpg

Currently, we're in one of the moderate falls:

post-9352-1233609108_thumb.jpg

long may it continue! :wallbash:

got loads coming our way heehehehehe, 10cm here before all that 15cm band hehe

Posted

still snowing,moderate to heavy then back to moderate. now on the laptop in living room wating TV withlights off. alternating between wating tv and lampost watching. lights of so typing in dark is tricky. Going out for walk at 10.00

20 mins should put me at 300 ms daughter said theres another couple of inches outside her flat so could be 15 to 18 cms

Posted
got loads coming our way heehehehehe, 10cm here before all that 15cm band hehe

What 15cm band? there isnt one. The radar just shows light stuff round here, and its still just snizzle in swinton (rotherham)

Posted
What 15cm band? there isnt one. The radar just shows light stuff round here, and its still just snizzle in swinton (rotherham)

that heavy sector is gettin closer and closer to us, going to stay over us a good 2hours or more if it holds!

Posted
that heavy sector is gettin closer and closer to us, going to stay over us a good 2hours or more if it holds!

Hmm

It just seems to be sat their, are you on about the yellow blob?

Mr Hudson was loving it tonight, esp when he said about the snow staying around all week, awesomness!

Edited by allenar

Posted
Hmm

It just seems to be sat their, are you on about the yellow blob?

Mr Hudson was loving it tonight, esp when he said about the snow staying around all week, awesomness!

yep was red 20mins ago, its gettin so close to us, moving very slowly, paul said our areas will get at least extra 10cm, all this fine snow has coverd the cars again with where the snow has fallen off from other fall!!!!!

Posted

post-1104-1233611249_thumb.jpg

mountain snow that my mate made hehe

CLOSER now WOOOOOOP

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted
It's turning to snow again now :rolleyes:

yep, getting heavier now and the heaviest sector is on my door step, moving sooooooooo slowly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
Would quite like to hear from anyone else in Nottingham, I'm pretty sure it's still snowing out there, anyone? :D

Hard to tell! Something is still falling from the sky - seems like very light sleet. There's a sound of dripping all around too. Temps risen to 1.1c and d.p. of 0.7c so it's only just snow/sleet now.

Just eaten some snow - tastes very much like water... :D

Posted

It has been snowing here for hours now, lightly admittedly but still 100% snow despite the radar showing sleet/borderline snow. Plenty of snow cover on the ground as well. A brilliant day for UK cold and snow, particularly for the East Midlands region. One to remember folks :D

Posted

Pic taken a hour ago. 15cm level and 7cm on part of car that i cleared. Still coming down.

post-1042-1233611856_thumb.jpg

Posted
can confirm its now sleety rain in swinton, south yorkshire. Excellent :D

its not here !!!!! settling on cars still, whats your asl???? got a spot light next to my window and can see it on my window!!!

Posted

Hi all, Light Snow here still, I dont think there is anymore due for this area tonight, Here is my latest photo.

Thanks

Chris

post-9218-1233612100_thumb.jpg

Posted
its not here !!!!! settling on cars still, whats your asl???? got a spot light next to my window and can see it on my window!!!

Hiya, Im not sure where to look, but my post code is s64 if anyone wants to have a dig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Sleety rain here now, had been rain earlier and it is very heavy. In danger of carping on but forecast on Radio 5 at 21:00 said more heavy snow for the the North East and the Pennines.

Not just the Pennines: I knew I had heard that right on the radio this afternoon, if they are still persisting with this this late in the evening.

The BBC is all hype!

Mods: wrong forum should be in snow watch E Midlands, Lincs etc. Please move, thanks :-)

Edited by Muffelchen

Posted
Hiya, Im not sure where to look, but my post code is s64 if anyone wants to have a dig

its a lil like it now

Posted
its a lil like it now

Eh? lol

If you look at the radar that big blob seems to have split and is now heading in a mor northerly direction, instead of slipping west as it was earlier. Looks like we have missed it.

Posted

Heavy rain here with a temperature of 2.9C.

All of the snow we had earlier has melted and it just looks like a normal wet night.

Im usually not too bothered about letdowns (theres been so many in the last few years) but I must admit that Im absolutely gutted about today. I just cant believe an ENEerly hasnt delivered the goods here with a sub -10C cold pool. As a couple have mentioned its torture when people just a few miles away have inches of the stuff lying.

Back to the models for later this week now I guess. Maybe a northerly will be more productive for us!