Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted

Had big puddles even on path and roads, all turned to slush and filled puddles in, still snowing pretty moderate. but its showing signs of sticking just need it to really come down in the next hour now. Temp dropping to 0.9c if it hits 0.5 to 0c which imho will be a god send, game on! :D

Edited by Hurricane Andrew

Posted

http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx?soort=loop...lon=2.900390625

.... looks good you could say, northern france precip shows some intensification :D and since the gfs goes for the most precip between 9 and 12 tonight for here, that could be it, so maybe this we have now wont be the last of it.

Posted
Do you think we'll be OK here in Leicester or is all this beautiful snow going to turn to rain?

I would be fairly certain that you will see most, if not all the PPN falling as snow in your area.

Next few hours are crucial folks, need to start seeing some intensification.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

About 15:15 the roads were fairly clear here, just snow on the sides - then the heavens opened!

by 15:45.....

post-9352-1233590918_thumb.jpg post-9352-1233590733_thumb.jpg post-9352-1233590831_thumb.jpg

still snowing here, fairly fine grains at the moment, but changes to decent flakes every now and again

keep it coming!! :rolleyes:

Posted

Intensification wont start til about 7-8pm you will see small signs before then though. I think i have noticed something on the models which could suggest heavy snow for yorkshire/lincs... and not turning to rain at all (or if it does for just a short time)

Posted

Last hour here has been pretty dull... constant moderate snow but it's so fine. No thaw but no adding to the snow already lying atm... it's basically the same as it would be if the snow wasn't falling! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze
Taken 10 minutes ago here... Still snowing :)

Drove from Market Harborough with no snow to Leicester with lots of snow this morning. Usually the other way round! Been at home in Harborough for 2 hours and its snowed constantly. We now have about 10 cms. Hope the sleet doesnt reach here. We are 130m above sea level so fingers crossed.

Posted
Only a few mins between moderate to heavy showers

here this morning.

I've just been out to do an accurate measurement and we're

at 5 cm so far.

BL :)

Hi BL

You osund just like me....all excited over snow falling.....enjoy.

Debs

Posted
Intensification wont start til about 7-8pm you will see small signs before then though. I think i have noticed something on the models which could suggest heavy snow for yorkshire/lincs... and not turning to rain at all (or if it does for just a short time)

What is the thing you noticed? :) ... That's good to here :) Thankyou for all of your input today on this thread.

Posted

I made a map to show the areas with the risk of precip turning to rain/sleet at around 9-10pm, any areas west of it will be fine..

post-4342-1233592294_thumb.png

But... going by the current radar looks as if everything is held back in france, with the main energy wrapped with it. Now if this is the case and theres a delay to the precip pushing up, the warm sector buggers off into the north sea around 1-2am.. with -7 to -8 850's coming accross. Something worth keeping an eye on...

Edited by Hurricane Andrew

Posted

Picture from here right now:

post-2418-1233592306_thumb.jpg

A pretty poor showing isnt it! Hence the disappointment :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
Hi BL

You sound just like me....all excited over snow falling.....enjoy.

Debs

Thanks Debs,

Yes, I was excited at that point, but it's been thawing this afternoon and

just sleety now.

I know many have had a day to remember, but not too good here so

near the coast.

Ah well, another time will come for building a big snowman, lol.

BL :yahoo:

Posted

A pretty poor showing isnt it! Hence the disappointment :yahoo:

Never mind Reef, go and have another read of GP's post in the GWO thread on the 31st. I wouldn't wan't to bet against his summary and if he's right you will get shedloads in the near future...

Posted

A pretty poor showing isnt it! Hence the disappointment :lol:

Have seen a few of your posts today and have to agree - me too here in Norfolk. I think for many along the more coastal fringes (and also the majority of central and eastern Norfolk) this has been a real let down. An easterly should really produce the goods. Sadly from the current model output, we could also miss out on potential snow later in the week. Pretty gutted.

Edited by Steve Edgefield

Posted

Wow. Just been for a stroll and the roads and pavements which were gritted this morning are now covered again. Really coming down hard in the last 10 mins. 10cm and counting here.

post-1042-1233593210_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593304_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593344_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593356_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593373_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593383_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593406_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593420_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593439_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593452_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593460_thumb.jpg

post-1042-1233593473_thumb.jpg

Posted

Just got back from a little enforced walk, Nottingham has got some persistant snowfall that is sticking still, about 2-3 inches in places where students haven't lobbed it at each other. This doesn't look like letting up in a hurry either.

Posted

Snowing quite heavy here and it looks to be slowly starting to stick in places.

Im not expecting anything tonight and i'll be pleasantly surprised if i get a covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
Just got back from a little enforced walk, Nottingham has got some persistant snowfall that is sticking still, about 2-3 inches in places where students haven't lobbed it at each other. This doesn't look like letting up in a hurry either.

You reckon? Looking out the window for the past 15 minutes, it looks like the snow has turned to rain just about. Perhaps its so fine grained that I just can't see it. The radar looks good for us, but the temps really need to go down, as I'm scared that its going to be rain for the rest of the night :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
You reckon? Looking out the window for the past 15 minutes, it looks like the snow has turned to rain just about. Perhaps its so fine grained that I just can't see it. The radar looks good for us, but the temps really need to go down, as I'm scared that its going to be rain for the rest of the night :D

It is still frozen albeit small grains now. Temp now 0.7c after todays 0.9c high. Dew point is rising though now - currently -0.3c. Sun is now down though so might cool off a bit....

No sign of snow stopping but it's gonna be light.

Posted
You reckon? Looking out the window for the past 15 minutes, it looks like the snow has turned to rain just about. Perhaps its so fine grained that I just can't see it. The radar looks good for us, but the temps really need to go down, as I'm scared that its going to be rain for the rest of the night :(

It's definitely not rain, or wasn't when I was out, walking back from the QMC to Lenton. It is very fine and coming down hard, but it was still snow. I'm still hoping we can do OK out of this tonight...

Posted

After a few hours of horrible wet snowfall we finally have something more substancial... with dropping temperatures (at least for the time being) accumilations are once again being topped up. ;)

Posted

Light snow continues here in Northants, sub-zero temps. No change really since my last report with decent accumulations now.

I'm closely monitoring a heavier area of precip to our south-west, looks like we might be in line for a direct hit from that little lot later on but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

post-5649-1233595286_thumb.png