Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted
Is it just me, or does the snow down in the SE look as if its starting to peter out a bit??? :)

Absolutely TONKING it down in South Leicester (Near J21 of M1) at present and resettling very fast indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

It would appear that here in northern northants the first "band" has come through and then a lighter spell of snow before a further heavier band comes through from the south east, although only time will tell how heavy that band is

Posted

In Lincoln it's been snowing hard for the last couple of hours BUT the snow on the roofs and pavements is now beginning to melt and it hadn't done all day. Is it likely to be turning to rain overnight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

:) Snow is starting to go very wet!!! Almost like misty snow.. It's starting to snist out now! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Turn back to SNOW!!!!! :)

Posted

Heavy snow here now and has been for about 20mins starting to settle on the road which was clear till now. It would need to keep this intensity for some time to mount up, altho i think a drop in temps come nightfall may mean despite maybe lighter snow the amount that settles should remain fairly consistant throughout.

Posted
In Lincoln it's been snowing hard for the last couple of hours BUT the snow on the roofs and pavements is now beginning to melt and it hadn't done all day. Is it likely to be turning to rain overnight?

yes it will turn to rain.. weird 2c and dew of just over 1c here in hull, and its snowing hard :) !!!

Posted
You must be. I've got snow here, and had it all day, but on the roads there is nothing....I'm actually higher than you as well! I've probably had a couple of centimetres, but nothing major tbh

We're about 600 feet higher than you out Bradfield way and have had approx 4ins of snow since midnight and it's coming down quite moderately again now (like goose feathers). Wondering how much more we'll get overnight :)

Posted
yes it will turn to rain.. weird 2c and dew of just over 1c here in hull, and its snowing hard :) !!!

Thanks - despite the heavy snow falling, there's a definite thaw setting in now. Hopefully a problem-free drive to work tomorrow then. :)

Posted

Really heavy snow falling now. Big flakes falling. Really piling up now. All earlier footprints now filled in.

Posted
After being in the slightly wrong position for last nights snow showers, now I currently find myself in a near perfect position :)

Whereabouts in S12 are you mate???

Absolutely tonking it down here, heaviest snowfall of the day has arrived....

Posted

Turning very sleety here. All it is doing is serving to help the existing snow on the ground. Id be very suprised if theres anything left by midnight never mind tomorrow morning.

Went for a drive about and the depths varied from around 0.5cm here to 2cm in North Hull, with a tad more in the outlying villages. All in all its very disappointing for a 'potent' easterly.

Currently 1.4C with a dewpoint of -0.4C. Had a maximum temperature of 2.4C which is actually higher than the November northerly. The south seem to have done well, but as usual up here its just another modern winter letdown.

Posted

Unlikely... Lincoln is just about far enough inland for snowfall to continue into tomorrow morning.

Posted
Whereabouts in S12 are you mate???

Absolutely tonking it down here, heaviest snowfall of the day has arrived....

I'm at Intake, just down from the Manor Top :)

It's really coming down heavily now with bigger flakes. Temp at -1.1 oC :)

Posted

Hard to believe an hour ago there was barely any snow left here and now we are experiencing whiteout conditions! Very chilly out as well with the sub-zero temps still. The temp has been fairly stagnant actually, and snow is continuous, albeit light at present.

Posted
No its not :)

Indeed, it wont just be coastal areas that it turns to rain/sleet. From the high-def NMM UK model on netweather:

post-2418-1233589136_thumb.png

Dewpoints are widley 1-3C even inland. Only people with some elevation will be lucky I reckon.

For now its turned back to snow here at least.

Edited by reef

Posted
Turning very sleety here. All it is doing is serving to help the existing snow on the ground. Id be very suprised if theres anything left by midnight never mind tomorrow morning.

Went for a drive about and the depths varied from around 0.5cm here to 2cm in North Hull, with a tad more in the outlying villages. All in all its very disappointing for a 'potent' easterly.

Currently 1.4C with a dewpoint of -0.4C. Had a maximum temperature of 2.4C which is actually higher than the November northerly. The south seem to have done well, but as usual up here its just another even larger teapot letdown.

Its actually raining now in the Langton, Yorks Wolds. Why does the MO have a red alert out for snow here ??? :)

Posted
No its not :)
Indeed, it wont just be coastal areas that it turns to rain/sleet. From the high-def NMM UK model on netweather:

Dewpoints are widley 1-3C even inland. Only people with some elevation will be lucky I reckon.

I think both of you are forecasting based on the fact that Hull is not recieveing optimum conditions for snowfall.

Here in Newark, Nottinghamshire conditiions are actually IMPROVING, temperatures and dew points dropping and the thaw which set it around lunch time is a distant memory. Still expecting an extra 7-10cm's from this.

Meanwhile snow just got a little heavier, after 30 minutes or so of very tiny flakes falling moderately.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted

your temp is about 1.5 at the moment, temps here are -1.5 and as nightfall comes into play it should help to counteract the effect of the warm sector out to the east, then by midnight lower 850s start to push bk in from the southside of the low.