Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted

the problem is the feed is cut off with the approaching warm sector, uppers are looking way to mild, theres been times around here its been -10 850s and still we have had sleet/rain. Not looking good at all, snow melting now with some of the paths just soaked slush.

Even if it does snow, cant see anything laying here.

Temp 2.4, and the mild sector dont hit until 4-6pm (possibly 3)

Edited by Hurricane Andrew

Posted
they are still goin for -2c here so i cant really see how they are saying that

Temperature is only one of the specifications which needs to be met for snow.

That said though, Midlands, Lincs, and parts of Yorkshire and the Humber can still expect to see some significant snowfall late this afternoon and overnight. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Had most of our fall this morning since 6am

I've now recalled the other half from work :rolleyes:

post-9352-1233577328_thumb.jpg post-9352-1233577370_thumb.jpg

Posted
Here are some pics from our back garden.

Thats not a bad amount, much better than here. Im at a loss why Beverley always seems to do so much better than here. Its not really much higher and around the same distance from the North Sea.

Temperature currently 1.9C with a dewpoint of -1.3C. The temperature (and dewpoint) is slowly rising so its looking not too good for tonights precipitation. It would be nice if the forecasts were wrong for once and it did stay as snow, but these days we all know that it wont!

Posted
Thats not a bad amount, much better than here. Im at a loss why Beverley always seems to do so much better than here. Its not really much higher and around the same distance from the North Sea.

Temperature currently 1.9C with a dewpoint of -1.3C. The temperature (and dewpoint) is slowly rising so its looking not too good for tonights precipitation. It would be nice if the forecasts were wrong for once and it did stay as snow, but these days we all know that it wont!

my temp is reading 3.4c with a dew of -0.5 (East hull) could this be right :S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Snowing moderately in Nottingham City now, loads of different sized flakes falling as well! Getting heavier as I speak! Come on whiteout!! :lol:

Posted
Snowing moderately in Nottingham City now, loads of different sized flakes falling as well! Getting heavier as I speak! Come on whiteout!! :lol:

Heaviest snow of the day, this!

Posted
Heaviest snow of the day, this!

Same here in Newark.. been heavy for the last 20 minutes but really struggling to keep accumilating now...

Posted

Hammering it down now and piling up very nicely,just outside Barnsley. I'm praying for the call from work not to report for my shift at 2pm.... then spending the day with the nipper down the fields. Would I still get paid?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Lovely snow here in Notts - just run around in the heavy falling snow - wonderful! If only it'd keep going like this all day instead of stopping and slightly melting each time.

Posted

I really dont understand!!! do these weather forecasters have a clue!!

Essential journeys warning as weather worsens

WEATHER experts are urging people in Hull and the East Riding not to make any unnecessary journeys tonight.

More than 5cm of snow is expected around Hull and Beverley, with 10cm on higher ground.

Graham Butler, Met Office adviser for Yorkshire and the Humber, said: "We are in for some pretty nasty stuff during the late afternoon and into the night.

"I wouldn't make any journey unless it was absolutely necessary.

"But if you have to go out then make sure you take it slowly and take care."

Link - HDM News

Posted
The Exact same thing keeps happening here wtf is going on grrr :lol:

Dunno why. Herer in Dore its been constantly snowing since about 8 this morning, moderatle but sometimes lightly with some heavy bursts.

A good 4cm here.

Posted
I really dont understand!!! do these weather forecasters have a clue!!

Essential journeys warning as weather worsens

WEATHER experts are urging people in Hull and the East Riding not to make any unnecessary journeys tonight.

More than 5cm of snow is expected around Hull and Beverley, with 10cm on higher ground.

Graham Butler, Met Office adviser for Yorkshire and the Humber, said: "We are in for some pretty nasty stuff during the late afternoon and into the night.

"I wouldn't make any journey unless it was absolutely necessary.

"But if you have to go out then make sure you take it slowly and take care."

Link - HDM News

Just relax, it's all about nowcasting. Despite the warm sector, temperatures are likely to drop away again within the next few hours (at least initially) as the evening draws in. You will definately see snow at first, it's just a case of whether it will remain as snow for the duration. If you inland you have a good chance, and a little elevation won't hurt either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Nothing out of the ordinary here as yet. About 4-5cm of lying powdery snow with frequent light, occasionally moderate snow showers. We'll see what happens this evening.

Posted
Bands of heavy snow now forming to my SE which are moving NNW.

Noticed this too TEITS... a little area of PPN ahead of that band is merging into it and not so far away from me now... little concerned though, last shower was heavy and prolonged but it didn't seem to stick as easily as it has been doing... hopefully its just because we are in the middle of the day. :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

These warnings are getting a little silly now. I'm surprised we didn't apply for international food drops in the early eighties and late seventies.

Just been out in Western park snow melting as fast as any new stuff falls so no increase of depth. About 2.5cm depth so so far nothign to write home about. Should have took my Camera this morning but didn't have time to get it. Dunno why schools have closed Mys mother stuck at home as the old peoples home as closed.

Snow looks a little more impressive on my web cams. http://www.sheffieldweather.co.uk/meso2/index.html some snow falling now I see.

Is the snow moving up from the South east lighter than expected or is the main stuff still to come????

Edited by The PIT

Posted
Noticed this too TEITS... a little area of PPN ahead of that band is merging into it and not so far away from me now... little concerned though, last shower was heavy and prolonged but it didn't seem to stick as easily as it has been doing... hopefully its just because we are in the middle of the day. :D

Just checked the temps in kent as these are more likely to experience the warm sector and currently temps are 0C with a DP of -1C. At the moment looking ok.

Here its 0C with a DP of -3C.

Posted

Well... the snow has begun here and looking at the radar it could be falling here near-constantly for the next few hours... perhaps all the way through the night now as the main band catches up. Not sure I'm too happy about this... based on the last shower its really going to struggle to continue settling unless the prolonged snow is heavy enough, or lowers temperatures.

Looking at the radar could be an hour of light snowfall before anything meaningful arrives.

Posted
teits,i live in coventry,is this snow heading in this derection?if so wot time period are we talking?cheers......

2oclock onwards i would say. An intensification of the first belt would be nice, currently looking moderate snow mainy throughout. 1-2cm per hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

That stuff on the Radar doesn't look thta impressive or is the radar on the blink. Got to start work again now.

Posted
That stuff on the Radar doesn't look thta impressive or is the radar on the blink. Got to start work again now.

These bands have formed ahead of the main area of PPN... it will gradually intensify over the next few hours, perhaps heaviest around 5-6pm.

Posted
Well... the snow has begun here and looking at the radar it could be falling here near-constantly for the next few hours... perhaps all the way through the night now as the main band catches up. Not sure I'm too happy about this... based on the last shower its really going to struggle to continue settling unless the prolonged snow is heavy enough, or lowers temperatures.

Looking at the radar could be an hour of light snowfall before anything meaningful arrives.

Its been intensifyling slightly over the last 20mins gone from light, dark blues, to a fair bit of green on the traditional scale, basically 0.25mm 1mm to 1-2mm an hour, hopefully this trend will continue

Posted
teits,i live in coventry,is this snow heading in this derection?if so wot time period are we talking?cheers......

Have to be honest if you live to far away from me to make an accurate guess.

The precip is going to be moving NNW so best just to look at whats coming to your immediate SSE.

Tricky businness this radar watching especially with regards to the LP because the next frame could easily show an intensification of the snowband.

Heavy snow now falling, settling nicely.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY