Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted
Light Snow off and on most of the morning odd heavier burst. No increase in depth so nothing special so far.

Indeed, it seems like we're missing out on the party!!

Posted
The showers keep weakening just before they reach my area :D

Not the old reverse pyscology :) , give it 20 mins :) , edit make it 10, lol.

Posted
Come and take a look then, you dont seem to understand that the snow was drifting in the wind, paths on one side sheltered have less covering, opposite side a hell of a lot more.. If i could not measure with a ruler, i wouldnt bother posting.

I heard just north of here and NE they have had 6 inches! wow...

Snow will turn to rain soon for our area, current temp is 1.5c

The snow was blowing around quite a bit here too, hence my 0.5-1cm measurement.

I really dont mean to be a party-pooper, but Im quite disappointed in what we've got. Quotes of up to 20cm were being thrown around by even experienced forecasters and the cover here is so shallow that paths and roads are already completely clear. Theres been no more than 4cm here since January 2004 and years of disappointments (Im sure you've had the same in Louth) have taken their toll.

Theres the turning to rain issue tonight too. I suspect Ill be grumpier than ever in the morning :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

what is happening to the showers here on the Sheffield Border every time a shower starts to get really heavy it bloody stops after 2 mins everytime :(

Posted
some pictures

Now thats what Im talking about.

Makes you wonder what synoptic setup would actually deliver that much here these days!

P.S stop showing off, you're making me jealous! :(

Posted
The showers keep weakening just before they reach my area :(

OMG different story here mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLIZZARD AND WHITE OUT

I really dont mean to be a party-pooper, but Im quite disappointed in what we've got. Quotes of up to 20cm were being thrown around by even experienced forecasters and the cover here is so shallow that paths and roads are already completely clear. Theres been no more than 4cm here since January 2004 and years of disappointments (Im sure you've had the same in Louth) have taken their toll.

Theres the turning to rain issue tonight too. I suspect Ill be grumpier than ever in the morning :(

I concur, nothing really in stamford (Less that 1 cm). Whats the chance of getting any snow in this part of the world. Talk of some coming noth however is this the BEEB getting excited.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Theres the turning to rain issue tonight too. I suspect Ill be grumpier than ever in the morning :(

Same goes here - only a light covering so far! Be nice to see more than a dusting!

Looks like a big load coming my way now so hopefully it'll cover things a bit more.

Posted
some pictures

i can now imagine us having that by tomorow :( hehehe, love the photos!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Snow showers look like they are hitting Notts on radar, but there aren't any since about 10-10.30am. Radar is lying again lol!! Now I see clear patches in the sky :( I'm sure the clouds are splitting in 2 and going around Nottingham... Had 2 really good heavy snow showers though this morning. Hope it doesn't go to rain either, I'll have a coniption fit!

Posted
Same goes here - only a light covering so far! Be nice to see more than a dusting!

Looks like a big load coming my way now so hopefully it'll cover things a bit more.

Nice one...we've got an inch or so on the back garden table, mind. Feel sorry for the binmen who came round this morning. And the poor bloke doing some stuff with power tools outside!

Are the buses running OK today? I wonder if they're done with the resurfacing at Canning Circus, otherwise getting out of Nottingham to the west will be impossible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms
Snow showers look like they are hitting Notts on radar, but there aren't any since about 10-10.30am. Radar is lying again lol!! Now I see clear patches in the sky :rolleyes: I'm sure the clouds are splitting in 2 and going around Nottingham... Had 2 really good heavy snow showers though this morning. Hope it doesn't go to rain either, I'll have a coniption fit!

The Exact same thing keeps happening here wtf is going on grrr <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
Snow showers look like they are hitting Notts on radar, but there aren't any since about 10-10.30am. Radar is lying again lol!! Now I see clear patches in the sky :rolleyes: I'm sure the clouds are splitting in 2 and going around Nottingham... Had 2 really good heavy snow showers though this morning. Hope it doesn't go to rain either, I'll have a coniption fit!

Actually, I take that back, it's snowing now!!!! <_<

Posted

Calm down duck, we've got some starting to come down again in Lenton! <_< And we should be alright for snow all evening, I'm optimistic enough!

Posted

Heavy snow beginning to fall now after around an hour or light stuff blowing around in the wind. 0.6C and a slight thaw when the cloud is breaking.

Looks like shower activity may start to die away as the band from the SE pushes north...

Posted
Huge downgrade for tonight, BBC going for rain for east riding of yorkshire and parts of lincs. :lol:

Still expecting significant falls here... hopefully you will see some too, at the very least you will see a spell of snowfall.

Posted
Huge downgrade for tonight, BBC going for rain for east riding of yorkshire and parts of lincs. :lol:

they are still goin for -2c here so i cant really see how they are saying that