Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted
Anything like that for hull/yorkshire mate?

Most certainly although probably around 6-7pm.

I reckon someone will get over 20-30cm from this and this is on top of the current lying snow!

You see apart from the current precip attached to the storm system this will also pick up moisture from the N sea. I dread to think what the snowfall totals will be tomorrow morning for the N york moors!

Posted
Have to say wow at the sat/radar for our storm tonight.

Our current snow showers should persist right into the afternoon but may fade just prior to the main event. I say storm because the word "blizzard" is rarely used for lowland England but a blizzard is very possible this late afternoon/evening.

Kick off for Blizzard expected in E Midlands/Lincs around 4-5pm.

Sounds awesome i just hope that mild sector doesn't effect us later today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Good morning all :)

I haven't measured accurately, but looks like 2-3 cm's of level

snow here.

Looks interesting for 4pm ish, but I'm thinking I might be in a

location for it to turn to nasty sleet/rain later. I'm just 7miles from

the sea.

Enjoy it folks. Take care.

I'm venturing out to feed my garden birds now, they look keen !

BL :)

Posted
810radarbb3.gif

w560.png

Pretty frustrating at the moment... :) expecting enough development in the next half hour to start being directly affected though. :)

Edit: Snow starting to fall once again but sky remains pretty clear at the moment with broken cloud.

:) That big green bit could have a Nottingham name on it!

Good night for Newark then? We've just had the slightest of top ups overnight to make our snow even again!

Posted
Most certainly although probably around 6-7pm.

I reckon someone will get over 20-30cm from this and this is on top of the current lying snow!

You see apart from the current precip attached to the storm system this will also pick up moisture from the N sea. I dread to think what the snowfall totals will be tomorrow morning for the N york moors!

When you was talking about the warm sector earlier. Would you say hull comes into that category in which it will turn fully to rain. UKMO seem to be brushing it aside really, otherwise why would they have warnings out for hull/yorkshire. Weird really.

The ECM has been downgrading it all the time when the GFS would not budge on it, over past 24 hours the GFS has come to an agreement with the ECM, and i think we can tell on the UKMO charts also.

Edited by Hurricane Andrew

Posted
Sounds awesome i just hope that mild sector doesn't effect us later today.

I will stick my neck on the line and say the band will remain as snow for Lincs and the E Mids for areas say, 10 miles from the coast. Elevation will just make it a certainty but I really do think away from coastal districts snowfall will remain constant. Perhaps turning sleety if PPN is still around come Tuesday late morning.

Posted

morning all

quite dissapointing falls over night, however we have had more snow in the last hour than in the last eight hours. we have a dusting but its quickly building up as the showers are more frequent so far today. at this moment in time i cannot see N Somercotes due to it lashing down of snow. Normally i can see out there and beyond to Donna Nook.

so plenty of snow to come but im looking forward now to the possible falls on thursday as the next few days will see a lull in our area.

LO

Posted
I will stick my neck on the line and say the band will remain as snow for Lincs and the E Mids for areas say, 10 miles from the coast. Elevation will just make it a certainty but I really do think away from coastal districts snowfall will remain constant. Perhaps turning sleety if PPN is still around come Tuesday late morning.

Cheers for that. This last shower has brought me another 2cm in the last 10mins :)

Posted
Teits you see anything developing around se to you Northampton. Only a dusting here.

There is a nice cluster around Norfolk currently that is tracking WSW although at this stage im unsure whether it will reach your location. Give you me alittle longer to track the movement.

As for the warm sector some are asking about would you believe even now the UKMO/GFS disagree!

I would say anyone 10miles away from the coast has a very good chance of this remaining as snow. On the coast itself I wouldn't actually like to say.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
I think cloud cover today will be very important for areas to see further/more accumulations later this afternoon and this evening

Perhaps in the form of showers this will be correct... however as the main band pushes up from the SE away from coastal districts I fully expect snow to settle readily. Even with broken cloud and sunny spells maximum daytime temperatures won't be exceeding 2-3C for most areas... those with cloud cover and frequent showers are likely to see an ice day.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted

Hi folks :doh:

As a forme east midlander I would just like to say how delighted I am that you have gotten a good bit of snow down there! Just been off the phone to family in Nottm and they are saying it's great, a bit like 91 was and I remember that well.

Butler son - I see you're from Lenton eh? I know it well I hail from Dunkirk :doh:

Posted

OMG HEAVY SHOWER, THIS IS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just woke up :doh:

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted

Gone really dark here... prolonged shower on my doorstep now and looks like it could be one of the heaviest yet. Areas 5 miles south of here are reported to have seen another two INCHES within the last hour.

Snow beginning to fall now... here we go. :doh:

Posted
Hi folks :wub:

As a forme east midlander I would just like to say how delighted I am that you have gotten a good bit of snow down there! Just been off the phone to family in Nottm and they are saying it's great, a bit like 91 was and I remember that well.

Butler son - I see you're from Lenton eh? I know it well I hail from Dunkirk :doh:

Yeah, though originally from Dorset, I'm just here during the university term time which happens to be...now! Ah, Dunkirk, another student area nowadays! :doh: I know of it, not being far from where my lectures are in the QMC! Not quite that much has hit Nottingham yet, I think we'll get blasted a bit later today!

Posted

Current scene in Peterborough.

post-1766-1233565149_thumb.jpg

Fair enough nothing amazing but could be alot worse as areas just to the S of me haven't seen anything!

Posted

Incredible scenes here! Visibility dropped to less than 50metres within minutes... heaviest snowfall I have ever seen.

-0.7C

Posted
There is a nice cluster around Norfolk currently that is tracking WSW although at this stage im unsure whether it will reach your location. Give you me alittle longer to track the movement.

As for the warm sector some are asking about would you believe even now the UKMO/GFS disagree!

I would say anyone 10miles away from the coast has a very good chance of this remaining as snow. On the coast itself I wouldn't actually like to say.

TEITS the coast is 9.75 miles to the SE and 9.75 to the NE, Flamborough adds a few miles to that to the East. Is your 10 miles exact?? :blush:

Only kidding!

Bit of a disappointment so far in the Wolds, was expecting a lot more overnight.

Posted

temperature is easy -1.5c!!!!!!! saying that, doesnt look like it will budge :D:D CONVECTION IS BUILDING!

Posted

I'm struggling to describe how incredible the scenes are here. Torrential snowfall... accumilating faster than I ever thought was possible. There is now 2cm's on the ROADS which were wet before this shower rolled on. Absolutely incredible, loving this.

Posted
temperature is easy -1.5c!!!!!!! saying that, doesnt look like it will budge :D:D CONVECTION IS BUILDING!

A few inches of lying snow here and the snow has just started again :D