Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted

OMG :D :o :o I have just witnessed the heaviest snowfall of my whole life :D !!!The snow has been near constant today but tonight has been exeptional im not sure how much fell but as i say OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now wonder what tomorrow has in store! :D:D:doh:

stay safe people S.H.U

Posted

awoke expecting quite a bit more than we've got - couple of centimetres at most, although more to come looking at the radar

Posted

Just woke up, around the 10cm's predicted on grass, rooftops etc.. closer to 6cm's or so on pavements.

The radar is looking IMMENSE... just as I type snow begins to fall... expecting some really heavy falls over the next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Not an immense amount outside. approx 3-4cm

All the roads are clear around here, the gritters where on the ball for a change. Still probably won't stop the local schools from being closed!

My other half isn't happy, she wanted a snow day :whistling: Hoping for more today, then I can ring her to tell her to come home.

Light snow falling at the moment

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Nothing special here 2cm main roads clear although the way some drivers are driving you would think they're covered in six inches of ice. The only problem getting to work was this asshole who decided to drive inside my boot. Clearly he couldn't see the slow moving car infront of me.

Posted

Woke up to a dusting of around a cm here like expected, may get some more showers during today to top up my covering, looking forward to band of snow tonight.

Posted

A few heavy snow showers passed through this morning... starting to see some real convection in the N Sea now so more frequent and perhaps heavier showers look likely for Lincs/Midlands within the next few hours, and are set to continue to fall until the band of more persistant snow moves up from the SE this afternoon and overnight.

Posted

First snowfall of this Easterly which I could accurately describe as a blizzard. :)

Very heavy stuff now, accumliting fast. Exceeding 10cm's in favoured spots. 7-8cm's widely.

Posted

What a lovely morning to wake up to, lying snow, falling snow, more to come. :)

I see those lucky devils around Newark, Grantham are seeing the wash streamer. I tend to do well from these but this time its a westward streamer rather than a SW,ly one that often penetrates through the wash into my location. I hope your enjoying this and can see why I look for the notorious E,ly in the model output.

Excellent prospects later this afternoon/evening with the chance of heavier snow and at this stage it only looks like E coasts will see this turn to sleet,rain.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
I see those lucky devils around Newark, Grantham are seeing the wash streamer. I tend to do well from these but this time its a westward streamer rather than a SW,ly one that often penetrates through the wash into my location. I hope your enjoying this and can see why I look for the notorious E,ly in the model output.

Indeed TEITS, this is fantastic. The scattered showers since 6am are beginning to merge into longer spells of, at times, heavy snow here. I believe 2 out of the 3 schools are having half days today, not running the risk of not being able to get the children home once this more persistant band moves in from the SE into this afternoon and overnight.

Really starting to think we will hit 20cm's here now... which is absolutely incredible to think I am almost 18 and have never seen falls in excess of 6cm's.

Posted

Got a nice dusting here not even a cm. I suppose that is better than nothing at all. Hoping for my this afternoon and that it won't turn back to rain

Posted
Really starting to think we will hit 20cm's here now... which is absolutely incredible to think I am almost 18 and have never seen falls in excess of 6cm's.

More than likely I say.

Im not sure if you have NW radar but there is a nice cluster of snow showers developing around N Norfolk and into the N Sea. Now these are heading our way. I should see the snow thats around N Norfolk but the snow showers off the N Sea should intensify and hit your region in around 1hr.

Posted

Yes I have NW radar mate, looking very promising for both of us. The streamer is passing about 5 miles to my South at the moment... so I'm seeing showers breaking off from that. It's continuing to intensify though so hopefully it can develop just sligthly further North and I will bear the full brunt of it. :)

"Frequent heavy snow showers at first, before a more persistant band of heavy snow moves north during the aftertoon and overnight." - Would sum today up quite nicely I feel! :)

Edited by Polar Low

Posted

started snowing heavy again 10 mins ago - path that was cleared now covered again. Wind whipping up the snow. Bitter .

Posted

8.00 NW Radar shows the main area of PPN from the current Wash streamer now just 2-3 miles south of me... Edging closer every 5 minutes as it continues to develop and intensify.. next few hours could be incredible here... I'm waiting in anticipation with great expectations for further significant accumilations! :lol:

Posted

WOW it's very dark now and here comes the heavy snow :D

Wow this is awesome :D:D

Edited by TOMB RAIDER LEGEND

Posted

Have to say wow at the sat/radar for our storm tonight.

Our current snow showers should persist right into the afternoon but may fade just prior to the main event. I say storm because the word "blizzard" is rarely used for lowland England but a blizzard is very possible this late afternoon/evening.

Kick off for Blizzard expected in E Midlands/Lincs around 4-5pm.

Posted
Have to say wow at the sat/radar for our storm tonight.

Our current snow showers should persist right into the afternoon but may fade just prior to the main event. I say storm because the word "blizzard" is rarely used for lowland England but a blizzard is very possible this late afternoon/evening.

Kick off for Blizzard expected in E Midlands/Lincs around 4-5pm.

Anything like that for hull/yorkshire mate?

Posted

810radarbb3.gif

w560.png

Pretty frustrating at the moment... :D expecting enough development in the next half hour to start being directly affected though. :D

Edit: Snow starting to fall once again but sky remains pretty clear at the moment with broken cloud.

Edited by Polar Low