Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted
I'm struggling to describe how incredible the scenes are here. Torrential snowfall... accumilating faster than I ever thought was possible. There is now 2cm's on the ROADS which were wet before this shower rolled on. Absolutely incredible, loving this.

Some have your stuff might have hit us, shower here come out of nowhere!

Posted

Morning all.

Cleethorpes currently having another sharp snow shower. Bigger flakes this time but it soon clears away in land.

I'm right next to the sea and there is a light dusting around the streets.

Went down the sea front half hour ago and there is more sand on the road than snow!!

Every now and again it goes dark over the Tetney area as another burst heads in.

Wind still strong from the East. Don't reckon that we'll see the covering that other parts are getting though. Neh mind eh.

Stay safe

Rgds.

Posted

WANT SOME GOOD NEWS?????????? TEMP STAYING HERE 0 to -1C ALLL DAY AND -2c TONIGHT, THAT WAS ON LOOK NORTH, THIS MUST BE A UPGRADE?????????????

WHITE OUT HERE WOOOOOOOOOP

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted
WANT SOME GOOD NEWS?????????? TEMP STAYING HERE 0 to -1C ALLL DAY AND -2c TONIGHT, THAT WAS ON LOOK NORTH, THIS MUST BE A UPGRADE?????????????

I haven't seen many TV forecasts which mention anything other than snow except for eastern coasts. Enjoy it mate, you're going to get a right dumping later :o

Posted

Not looking good for doncaster area tonight with that warm sector. You need the m low to push north from france, this wrapping the colder air around the low instead of milder air. Long shot, but possible.

Posted
Not looking good for doncaster area tonight with that warm sector. You need the m low to push north from france, this wrapping the colder air around the low instead of milder air. Long shot, but possible.

Got to disagree with you Andrew, anywhere say 10 miles inland I would be happy putting more on snowfall from the band tonight, maybe some sleetiness on the backend going into Tuesday.

Posted

HA, this was just on news, no mention of rain or nothing and i said -2c tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was for our area by lisa!!!!! looks like warm sector has moved further away!!!!!!!!

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted
andy, this was just on news, no mention of rain or nothing and i said -2c tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was for our area by lisa!!!!! looks like warm sector has moved further away!!!!!!!!

If thats the case, hull should be fine then, were easily 10 miles in land.!

Posted
If thats the case, hull should be fine then, were easily 10 miles in land.!

Indeed mate, enjoy it. :o

As I said... I would be shocked if anywhere more than 10 miles inland got anything remotely sleety before say rush hour Tuesday. A little elevation will always help you, but I don't even think lower levels are going to have any problems until tommorow morning.

Posted
Indeed mate, enjoy it. :D

As I said... I would be shocked if anywhere more than 10 miles inland got anything remotely sleety before say rush hour Tuesday. A little elevation will always help you, but I don't even think lower levels are going to have any problems until tommorow morning.

Looking good indeed :doh:

I noticed Roger posted in the other thread about lows moving from N france i forgot the term/word of the low. Aparantly if this pushes further NNE it will take the warm sector out in the north sea, giving longer spells of snow for many areas.

It's snowing very very heavily here in hull now.

Posted

Looks like the precip is expanding.

The area to the SE is expanding NW and over Norfolk the precip is intensifying and becoming more organised.

Plenty to keep our eyes on this morning/afternoon.

Posted

NEARLY 10cm ON ROAD OMG and i know this by kerb level being 105mm, so 8-9cm here now!!!!

just checked, 7-8cm here leveled just about

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted

Just to let you know I shall be doing an update around lunchtime for this afternoons/evening event.

I shall try and narrow it down so I can tell you amounts of snow, timing of arrival, how long it will last.

Posted
Just to let you know I shall be doing an update around lunchtime for this afternoons/evening event.

I shall try and narrow it down so I can tell you amounts of snow, timing of arrival, how long it will last.

Cheers Dave. Look forward to it :doh:

I must say this is the most exciting cold spell I can remember since joining NW including the Feb '07 event.

Posted

Another moderate shower passing through here... we could smash 20cm's before the main band even arrives here.

Posted
This is why i think most of yorkshire will be dissapointed, whether your inland or not!

post-4342-1233567994_thumb.jpg

how did looknorth say -2c tonight then????

Posted
how did looknorth say -2c tonight then????

Because the image i showed then was dew points, if you have temps of -2c with upper 850's of around -2 to -3 thats fine with this continental feed, but take away the dew points and replace them with +1 to +2 dew points, then thats it, basically game over with them dews....

I want to see a lot of snow, i'm in the same position, it's now a case of watching our local observations etc and see how things pan out, the models will be no good at this range now.

Posted

Looks like a spell of more sustained snow coming up.

Currently over Norfolk/N sea there is a more organised band of snow developing rather than the showery type. The W extent of this is currently around Hunstanton but moving WSW.

So probably a brief pause between the showers maybe even a few sunny spells before this organised band moves W over the next 1-2hrs.

Posted
Because the image i showed then was dew points, if you have temps of -2c with upper 850's of around -2 to -3 thats fine with this continental feed, but take away the dew points and replace them with +1 to +2 dew points, then thats it, basically game over with them dews....

I want to see a lot of snow, i'm in the same position, it's now a case of watching our local observations etc and see how things pan out, the models will be no good at this range now.

might sound stupid but how does the dew point get that high with a temp of -2c?????????

Posted
Looks like a spell of more sustained snow coming up.

Currently over Norfolk/N sea there is a more organised band of snow developing rather than the showery type. The W extent of this is currently around Hunstanton but moving WSW.

So probably a brief pause between the showers maybe even a few sunny spells before this organised band moves W over the next 1-2hrs.

hehe line after line of heavy showers for here mate, 2-3cm just been added in past 40mins, whats your view on tonights tempratures?

Posted

THUNDER IN HULL

SOMEONE MUST OF HEARD IT, SOMEONE CONFIRM FOR ME TOO :doh:

might sound stupid but how does the dew point get that high with a temp of -2c?????????

The dew point can never be higher than the temperature. But the point im trying to make is that with this warm sector, temps need to be kept a close eye on. It could be ice pellets/freezing rain for a short time until the heavy precip comes down.

blizzard here, thunder the lot!!

Edited by Hurricane Andrew