Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted
Will change shortly, now raining here in hull! lol what did i say! G....AME OVER

Really shocked at that report.

Conditions improving here, temperatures dropping away after a period of several hours slow thaw. Approaching "whiteout" conditions as the PPN just keeps getting heavier! Wet pavements turning to a shade of white once more...

Posted
Will change shortly, now raining here in hull! lol what did i say! G....AME OVER

Difference is my temps are around 3C colder than yours largely due to being inland.

Anyone 10-20miles inland stands a much better chance.

Current forecasts for BBC suggest only Norfolk and the coastlines of Lincs seeing sleet/rain.

Posted
Difference is my temps are around 3C colder than yours largely due to being inland.

Anyone 10-20miles inland stands a much better chance.

Current forecasts for BBC suggest only Norfolk and the coastlines of Lincs seeing sleet/rain.

How is it for you at the moment TEITS? Conditions really improved here in the last half hour, accumilations slowly building once more. Moderate to Heavy snowfall and it looks as though the heaviest so far is just about to hit me.

Temperature dropping away too! Do you think this drop may continue for a few hours yet as nightfall draws closer?

Posted

Conditions improving here, temperatures dropping away after a period of several hours slow thaw. Approaching "whiteout" conditions as the PPN just keeps getting heavier! Wet pavements turning to a shade of white once more...

Do you think my area has a good chance of seeing more accumilations this afternoon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Yippee! Hope we get your heavy snow here in Notts soon, the radar looks promising, but there's still only flurries flying about...

Posted
How is it for you at the moment TEITS? Conditions really improved here in the last half hour, accumilations slowly building once more. Moderate to Heavy snowfall and it looks as though the heaviest so far is just about to hit me.

Temperature dropping away too! Do you think this drop may continue for a few hours yet as nightfall draws closer?

Light snow at the moment.

After the slight thaw everything is lovely a white again.

Lets hope the greens over Suffolk/Essex turn to yellows over the next few hrs!

Posted
Looking at the radar some heavier stuff should be finally on its way here within the next 20 minutes or so. (NN2)

A swathe of pink with our name on it. Wonderful. :)

So whereabouts is NN2 I'm in Blisworth NN7.

Posted

My temp is now 1.7c with a dew of 0C ... it's the change in upper 850s! thats the problem... heavier precip coming over me soon. Ill keep you posted when heavier precip moves accross. Could be the niggling warm sector introducting the warmer 850s making the lighter precipitation more of a wintery mix..

My temp is now 1.7c with a dew of 0C ... it's the change in upper 850s! thats the problem... heavier precip coming over me soon. Ill keep you posted when heavier precip moves accross. Could be the niggling warm sector introducting the warmer 850s making the lighter precipitation more of a wintery mix..

now 1.4c wow what a drop!

Posted
Yippee! Hope we get your heavy snow here in Notts soon, the radar looks promising, but there's still only flurries flying about...

The heavier falls are only just edging into Newark now... something more significant should reach Nottingham within the hour at the very latest I feel. :)

Posted

No the warm sector isn't a factor at the moment hence why Essex/Kent are reporting snow.

Simple cause is the flow off the N Sea keeping temps that bit warmer along the coastline. Seen it many times before and also experienced this whilst on holiday in Norfolk. Just noticed that temps along the Lincs coastline are 3C!!

You may ask why isn't the case for Kent/Essex and my answer is much shorter fetch.

Posted
No the warm sector isn't a factor at the moment hence why Essex/Kent are reporting snow.

Simple cause is the flow off the N Sea keeping temps that bit warmer along the coastline. Seen it many times before and also experienced this whilst on holiday in Norfolk. Just noticed that temps along the Lincs coastline are 3C!!

You may ask why isn't the case for Kent/Essex and my answer is much shorter fetch.

thanks for the info mate.. very helpfull i totally understand your point. A little worrying for when the warm sector does hit then lol

Posted

Heaviest snowfall of the day here now... looking like at least 30 minutes of intense precip here before it may turn lighter again. Flakes remaining rather on the small side however, meaning accumilations are slow but steady.

Steady light snow here now. The begining of the front i think?

Yes. :(

Posted
Kingsley Park area of Northampton town so about 7 miles NE of your location. :D

What's it doing where you are then?

Its just very light here. Just got back from Kettering and Corby vertually nothing over there.

Posted

Even on the wettest surfaces here they are starting to turn sludgy showing signs that settling is imminent. Grass and some pavements being topped up nicely, roads just remaining wet for the time being but I suppose that is a good thing.

Temperature still DROPPING and PPN intensity still INCREASING here. :D

Posted
Its just very light here. Just got back from Kettering and Corby vertually nothing over there.

would have thought your in for some of the heaviest snow your likely to get today should reach you in next 30mins

Posted

Is the band over midlands/lincolnshire the main band or is that just a breakaway band forming ahead of the real energy still to come up from the south east?

What would a good prediction of snow be for SE Sheffield at 200m?

Posted
Is the band over midlands/lincolnshire the main band or is that just a breakaway band forming ahead of the real energy still to come up from the south east?

Real energy coming behind it. That said though, some seriously heavy snowfall here at the minute. Areas of pavement which were wet 10 minutes ago are now white. Flakes remain rather small but accumilating well now as the temperature continues to drop away. Significant accumilations expected here now.

Posted

I imagine the best of the snow in Northants is in the east of the county, i.e. Rushden area.

Snow picking up in intensity here now though with thicker flakes coming down, temp still below freezing. (-0.4 °C)

Posted
I imagine the best of the snow in Northants is in the east of the county, i.e. Rushden area.

Snow picking up in intensity here now though with thicker flakes coming down, temp still below freezing. (-0.4 °C)

Maybes, but there wasn't a great deal this morning when I left - a few inches at work in Sherington outside Newport Pagnell and absolutely hammering it down now. Plotting my escape attempt as we speak.

Posted

Quite heavy small flakes here. 5cm deep. Am I in my own little micro climate here as other forumers from Sheffield are postin about when and how much snow when its very snowy already outside.

Id say there will be 10 - 15cm by the time it dies out tonight.

Edited by stumathers