Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: East Mids, Lincs And S & E Yorks Pt 2

pottyprof

Posted
Light snow continues here in Northants, sub-zero temps. No change really since my last report with decent accumulations now.

I'm closely monitoring a heavier area of precip to our south-west, looks like we might be in line for a direct hit from that little lot later on but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

post-5649-1233595286_thumb.png

Looks like the warm sector hit and killed everything off quicker than expected, raining here now in hull. o well :D temp still 0.9

Posted
After a few hours of horrible wet snowfall we finally have something more substancial... with dropping temperatures (at least for the time being) accumilations are once again being topped up. :(

Same here its started to get going again.

A friend of mine just rang from Lancashire who was amazed at his current snowfall especially as this was predicted.

Seems like the main band went to NW England instead of NE England.

Posted
Same here its started to get going again.

A friend of mine just rang from Lancashire who was amazed at his current snowfall especially as this was predicted.

Seems like the main band went to NW England instead of NE England.

Strange TEITS that the main band was due to arrive here at 6PM and give maybe 7-8hours snowfall. Looking at the radar it seems that the main band of heavy snow has already gone through. I wonder if precipitation will keep pepping up?

Posted

just got in from work, still snowing hard, put down 10 cm now temps are 0.3 so who knows, maybe a lot more to come. Does anyone know if this ppn will beef up in the next few hours ???

Posted

It's really giving this a go here now... things improving and we now have heavy snowfall sticking to all surfaces. :D

Posted

wow, just looked at gfs temps out to 144h (if you can believe em )like TEITS has said to much excitement to look further

but the temps are prog not to go above 1c here, except for one small breif period, where it reaches 2c (ha ha) could be the potential for a lot more snow this week. Experience over the last 30 years tells me that snow can pile up in the hills of North Derbyshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Still light snow in sheffield but the snow is know longer dry and blowing.Very wet and also slight thawing in places.Suspect we in a warmer sector or the dew points have risen. :mellow:

Posted

Still snowing here, keeps having heavier bursts. May have 10cm by the end of the night. This is excellent. Best thing about it is it will not melt so a very good chance of no school tomorrow :mellow:

Posted

Moderate snowfall here with much larger flakes than a few hours ago, everything is white. Now I hope conditions remain on the RIGHT side of marginal here, OR the band completely clears this area before things start turning sleety. That way we will have a good 7-8cm's left by tommorow morning, which will probably have frozen.

Posted

12 cm on the garden table, just as well I left work at 3pm... still took 1 1/2 hours to get home 17 miles!!! Might be able to squeeze another 2-3 cms judging by the radar. Probably the most decent snowfall i've seen in this area in the 8 years I've lived here. I think it will be a gotomypc day tomorrow at home!

Posted

Just stuck my head out the back door and there is the familiar "drip, drip, drip" of a thaw and I'm actually on a hill south of Lincoln!

Definitely getting milder as the evening goes by. If this freezes overnight, roads will be like an ice rink in the morning.

Is this the beginning of a big thaw, do you think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Snowing dead hard in Notts again :) No added accummilation though, but its nice to see some larger flakes again!

Posted

Heavier snow that I mentioned earlier seems to be fizzling out before it reaches me here in NN2.

Typical, eh? Still snowing finely though.

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Still snowing here in Leicester, on East mids Today they said it's going to turn to rain later and then freeze when it clears away.. NOOOOOOOOO I want it to stay as snow!!

Had such a great load of snow here in Crawley (W Sussex), reminded me when out an about earlier of that quality crunchy fresh snow when me was a kid and that beautiful packed skiing snow that now seems so rare over here, and I only went skiing once aged 14, 23 years ago ! Blimey...I just scared myself .....

Anyhoo I see from radar images that bundles of deep cloud are heading west and east (from the south of course) of me with just a large empty bit where I am! I'm not going to complain because I think we have all been spoilt down here in the south BUT...anyone with more knowledge than me (not hard) prepared to stick their neck out and give me an update for my area over next 12/18 hours? Would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, :)

Posted

mental snow here in Buxton !! :)

we are getting drifts about 4-5 feet high between the breaks of the dry stone walls , lets hope it continues.will try and get some pictures uploaded after i have taken some

i guess we have around 6-8 inches where it hasnt been blown around , always difficult to measure when it starts drifting !!

ps forgot to add don't mind the clear sky bit coz it'll keep the temp right down and keep my luvverly snow around (including my snow lady with pink wig......oh dear) but a bit of snow at some point tonight would be great. Cheers

Posted

Snow continues here however is light at the moment. Looking at the radar there should be some heavier busts before it clears out over the next few hours. Maybe an extra cm or two before the end. Roads bad round here and with a frost expected after they will be severe in the morning. School must be closed tomorrow!

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Much heavier snowfall here now, everythings gone white again. Significant accumilations on the grass and other favoured spots. :)