Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

light snizzle here for the last hour now,more sleetish i would say

snowfall wise im pretty happy, but expectations got the better of me so a tad dissapointed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
well i just let the dog out for his last explore of the garden lol and we have fine snow falling temps are still below zero herevery cold

cher

x

Yep, snowing here again, changed over from sleety/rain........I suppose I'd better let our family mutt out as well.....I'm hoping for a covering of snow tonight, helps hide the dog poop :doh:

Posted

lolololol looking at the radar i see jay from cardiff has snow lol bless him

dont you think that that precip is sticking a lot further east the one in the s/w

cher

x

Posted

Evening everyone. Memorable day here in Bloxwich about 3 miles outside of Walsall. At least a couple of inches overnight with showers on and off all morning. From 3 o clock onwards we have had continual snow which at times has been very heavy. I know we are relatively high up here at about 160m but outside is a true winter wonderland. I am old enough to remember the 70's and 80's and this does compare very favourably. The radar shows us in a clear spot at the moment but yet it still snows... I have no knowledge to comment on what is still to come but perhaps we still have more excitement yet?

Posted

Getting a bit close to freezing for my liking here :|

Dont want the ice day to be ruined :D

Still got some light fine snow falling but its to light to really do much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

It's been a very good day here in Brownhills (5 miles north of Walsall Town), plenty of snow, it's still snowing now, but it's that light, grainy kind of snow. All the local Primary and Secondary School were shut, including Shire Oak (which never shut when i was a student). Travel West Midlands and Arriva buses on a limited service most of the morning, picked up a bit later. Funny int it, Australia is suffering it's worst heatwave on record, and the UK grinds to a halt due to snow? xx

Posted
Evening everyone. Memorable day here in Bloxwich about 3 miles outside of Walsall. At least a couple of inches overnight with showers on and off all morning. From 3 o clock onwards we have had continual snow which at times has been very heavy. I know we are relatively high up here at about 160m but outside is a true winter wonderland. I am old enough to remember the 70's and 80's and this does compare very favourably. The radar shows us in a clear spot at the moment but yet it still snows... I have no knowledge to comment on what is still to come but perhaps we still have more excitement yet?

Here bloody here!

Posted

Any chance of the showers that are rotating off the coast of Cornwall and up the isle of wight, to make their way into the midlands (Oxford/Buckinghamshire area)???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
Any chance of the showers that are rotating off the coast of Cornwall and up the isle of wight, to make their way into the midlands (Oxford/Buckinghamshire area)???

currently watching this now and it seems theres a nice little swirl in the sw of pretty heavy showers its absolutle frozen here.

and showers heading towards the coasts from tip of cornwall right along the southcoast and there gaining strength been watching since 9pm and they seem to be heading our way perhapes even into sussex.

although not huge showers but have gone from slight to moderate problem is as they come up towards land will they fall as frozen rain sleet or snow well id say possibly snow.

and there ganging up in the channel although i dont have enough experiance to say for sure. :p

also possibility of merging into longer spells of rain sleet or snow more so for southampton west wards but im sure there getting heavier so does the drama continue here in the south?lol

Posted

Snowing heavy hear in Bournemouth. Straight on to frozen surfaces. Came through the new forest on the way home from work and there was two inches in places. That was without the snow that has fallen tonight. When i got back to bournemouth there was about two cm but we have at least 4 this evening and it is still snowing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!
also possibility of merging into longer spells of rain sleet or snow more so for southampton west wards but im sure there getting heavier so does the drama continue here in the south?lol

BBC seemed pretty certain central South coast would get a large snowcloud tomorrow evening (Tues) - it looked like it could be larger than the shower which dumped on Soton early this morning, in which case that would be more significant snowfall! :) Morning and evening rush hours look very difficult.

Anyone got any good ppn radar pics? I'm lost with raintoday.com still down.

Kate

PS Lovely montage of events at BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7865370.stm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Graupel started here in Southampton. And it's laying.

Kate

Posted
Is it over now for us Midlanders? :)

Its starting to thaw :)

i think so mate but you never know...

Posted

its currently snowing again its 6.30am though very cold night what i woudl say with caution is this snow is the wrong kind of snow lol just right for the trains.

and it wont last long i dont think.

it seems to turn to that sort of snow when it slowly becomes milder so i either expect it to turn to rain within the next hour or two hope not but more likely as temps rise with daybreak.

i glad i got it right i was a little unsure on type but we have a covering.

Posted

heres some pics fresh snowfall no warning by the met office even i got it right all they have is for ice.

so it works like this snowfall then slight thaw then froze overnight then snowfall very slippery.

post-9143-1233643725_thumb.jpg

post-9143-1233643753_thumb.jpg

:)

its nearly daylight so get some more pics before the big thaw but at the moment lovely fresh snow cover.lol

post-9143-1233643796_thumb.jpg

Edited by badboy657

Posted

the next couple of hours see some moderate snowfall through the isle of white parts of southampton portsmouth and western parts of sussex and along the coast futher west,

before it turns to sleet and rain. :)

although im unsure pretty windy here and there to not sure on high level temps and unsure if where in a cold enough pool for this to last beyond 10am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
the next couple of hours see some moderate snowfall through the isle of white parts of southampton portsmouth and western parts of sussex and along the coast futher west,

before it turns to sleet and rain. :)

although im unsure pretty windy here and there to not sure on high level temps and unsure if where in a cold enough pool for this to last beyond 10am.

Its just started here, moderate snow -4C :)

Posted
Its just started here, moderate snow -4C :)

yes indeed your in the firing line some pretty beffy showers building in the channel with perhapes more snow i still unsure on how much or how long it will last.

but this is what i wanted not a 1day event atleast a couple of days with snow on the floor my idear of a good cold event is very cold snow on the ground for atleast a week so to me although happy it happened not a classic.

i would like febuary full of cold and snow but the models have other idears :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
.....so to me although happy it happened not a classic.

Same here, but its a start :)

The last shower stopped covered the road before it did. Darker to my SW again :)

Posted
Just woke up with the kids going mad.. snow everywhere.. very black skys... coming down rather heavy now...
Yayyy! glad the IoW gets a look in too, imagine there might be a few pics to follow Kel :D

Morning to you :lol:

Edited by MAF