Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
The snow risk forecast on here (based on the 06z GFS) shows a foot of snow on Friday for my area. I know these tend to move around but it's only 3 days away and wherever this hits is going to see a serious amount of snow by the look of things.

I agree! This must be tracked over the next few model runs to see if it stays the same.

This has the potential to be MASSIVE, the positioning of the PPN will probably change slightly but as it stands the Midlands is in for something substantial.

ukprec.png

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think im now on the edge of the clouds from the snowfest in Wales.

Gosh its going to be so knifedge if it gets here!

Posted
I think im now on the edge of the clouds from the snowfest in Wales.

Gosh its going to be so knifedge if it gets here!

Blizzards I know it seems like I do this often... But I highly doubt that band of PPN is going to reach Worcester. the models show that it is going to move Westwards and stall over the far West of Wales and in the Irish sea.

Posted

Tipping down with snow again. :D

The council obviously haven't noticed as even the main roads haven't been gritted. Trailor carrying hay bales has spilt its load all over the road in Sherborne-St -John and a lorry jackknifed on the main Tadley- Basingstoke rd. Daft really all for the want of a bit of salt/grit. :D

Posted

Is there seriously going to be a snow event friday into saturday?? I just dont want to get excited about another batch of very heavy snow and then it doesn't happen! lol :D

Notice on the BBC there is hardly any precipitation on saturday, but huge snow risks from netweather...

Edited by JamieUK

Posted
Is there seriously going to be a snow event friday into saturday?? I just dont want to get excited about another batch of very heavy snow and then it doesn't happen! lol :D

Notice on the BBC there is hardly any precipitation on saturday, but huge snow risks from netweather...

It could all change, but at the moment it looks quite promising according to the 06z GFS :D

Posted
I agree! This must be tracked over the next few model runs to see if it stays the same.

This has the potential to be MASSIVE, the positioning of the PPN will probably change slightly but as it stands the Midlands is in for something substantial.

ukprec.png

prectypeuktopo.png

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im loving it , I knew we was going to get something but didnt relise it was going to be this big wooohoooooooooooooo

cher

x

Posted

I can and will change slightly between now and Friday but as it stands there is a snow risk for the Midlands. Little changes in positions of the low pressure, cold upper air and precip will be key in where it ends up, next 24 hours model watching is huge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

snow is likely to effect from midlands north and east but this is subject to change it looks like winter is or snowy atleast is over for here all snow has now gone rain is falling.

there is nothing in the models to suggest a revisit from our friend the snow here in southern england but all i hope is that we have a cold febuary where ever it snows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Well, blow me down with a feather! Heavy thaw in Southampton, gutters dripping, roads black, temps above 2C and then it starts to rain :lol:

The rain has turned to thick snow! Way to go!!!!

Kate

Posted
Blizzards I know it seems like I do this often... But I highly doubt that band of PPN is going to reach Worcester. the models show that it is going to move Westwards and stall over the far West of Wales and in the Irish sea.

Well the Welsh snow has made it over the border to England! It's snowing in Herefordshire and Shropshire — good steady snow.

Posted

snowing again very hard here but very wet and certainly not settling ontop of what's here already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Had a report from someone living in Bishops Castle (Shrops/Welsh boarder) thats is snowing there again...

Thats 18 Miles south east of Shrewsbury... going to be very toutch and go if it gets here, but its clouding over..

Posted
snowing again very hard here but very wet and certainly not settling ontop of what's here already.

Ahhhh your joking, iv been watching this shower and it's right on track for me, but i want it to top up the snow not melt it lool

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Still chucking it down in Soton - all the tarmac is now white again! It's a bit wet (more what we're used to!) but to have it over three days is very unusual.

Temp 1.4C and falling, dew point 0.8 and falling.

Kate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Snow from wales has now reached as far east as Shrewsbury... will any of it get to Telford, Walsall, Wolves, even Brum, Who knows, I did not think we had much chance today!

Posted
Gone dark and very cloudy here!

Yeh that came over us about half an hour ago, nothing fell from the sky though :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
Yeh that came over us about half an hour ago, nothing fell from the sky though :cold:

How is your snow cover? Any thaw yet? I have a sneaky feeling we may get a snow shower or two through today.

Posted
Still chucking it down in Soton - all the tarmac is now white again! It's a bit wet (more what we're used to!) but to have it over three days is very unusual.

Temp 1.4C and falling, dew point 0.8 and falling.

Kate

Great news Kate! especially the falling temps as I was worried about this lot turning to sleet/rain.. send it this way please.

anyone tell me where the showers are?

Hampshire and Dorset moving north.

And Wales.

Sorry ... I think you'll have to wait until the Thur/Fri event up their in Leicester.

Posted
anyone tell me where the showers are?

Mainly out to sea off cornwall, there are a few heavy ones coming up from the south, heading for Reading and Oxford etc.. :cold: