Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

bit of a thaw laat night but still lots of snow, any snow this week looks like being south of me, -2.7C now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
Same here, but its a start :D

The last shower stopped covered the road before it did. Darker to my SW again :D

i think there maybe more to come depends how cold the uppers are i dont know how to read them or where to get them from :lol:

bit of a thaw laat night but still lots of snow, any snow this week looks like being south of me, -2.7C now

i think north of you sounds more likely :D

Posted
i think there maybe more to come depends how cold the uppers are i dont know how to read them or where to get them from :D

i think north of you sounds more likely :lol:

I am a couple of miles along the coast from Pompey (sorry Portsmouth!) and we have had a few beefy showers as well. As you say a bit unexpected. Snow has now fallen on three consecutive days right on the south coast. I can't remember the last time that happened.

L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Just woke up with the kids going mad.. snow everywhere.. very black skys... coming down rather heavy now...

Is it still snowing?

Temp now 0.6C here snow dripping off of trees <_<

Your side of the island looks colder and snowier :)

More showers stacking up.

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
I am a couple of miles along the coast from Pompey (sorry Portsmouth!) and we have had a few beefy showers as well. As you say a bit unexpected. Snow has now fallen on three consecutive days right on the south coast. I can't remember the last time that happened.

L

absolutely me to.

and if we can go through today with more which is a little hard to do as south todays weather say temps of 6c.

so more likely rain by dinner time maybe earlier.

windchill -4 but id be happy if the whole of febuary was like this then it will be the ultimate winter. <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

morning all, a bit of a thaw overnight but still 3 or so inches of laying snow...currently -2C

Posted

Awoke to another 2cm of snow in Gosport from overnight falls and we had a really heavy shower about an hour ago, still snowing lightly now.

We even had a short hail shower too about 8am.

Never known so much snow over a period of a three or so days down here.

Edited by lettice

Posted

Chucking it down in Ringwood, HAmpshire. Pic of work car park - usually full by now!. A31 grinding to a halt apparantly.

post-9488-1233650675_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blimey

Posted

Cold last night -4.5c and my kids were VERY dissapointed to find out that their school is open, when all the others are shut due to ice or heating problems. They had a bit of a play in the snow this morning and said it was TOO COLD <_<

Posted

-3c and tipping down with snow at the moment.

One of those pesky showers on the radar ... bring it on!!

My boys weren't happy as their school was open, so no toboganning today.

I've just negotiated some v icy country lanes to drop them off, but if these showers continue I'm half expecting a call to pick them up by lunchtime. :D

Posted

College open today >.<

Never snowed enough to close it and some has thawed overnight.

Was real shocking last night that the temperature reached 0.1c at one minute past midnight, so only just about made it an ice day in the end.

-2c this morning with hazy sunshine.

Thursday should see some snow for us all.

Posted
Sun shining here now!

Forecast implies that the heavy band moving north this afternoon is going miss Hants, however there is a small band of showers hitting us 6am tomorrow morning, could be more sleet than snow......

Apolgies for gratuitous arrogance, but my post of yesterday morning hinted at showers for coast this morning.

Don't know where South today are getting 6C from? GFS top temp for us is 3C. Weather station near me currently 1.2, dew point -0.3.

I really don't think this is the end either, obviously very touch and go but if the cold from the north can dig far enough down we could see a more thurs/fri.

Toby

Posted
Apolgies for gratuitous arrogance, but my post of yesterday morning hinted at showers for coast this morning.

Don't know where South today are getting 6C from? GFS top temp for us is 3C. Weather station near me currently 1.2, dew point -0.3.

I really don't think this is the end either, obviously very touch and go but if the cold from the north can dig far enough down we could see a more thurs/fri.

Toby

Currently snowing much heavier than yesterday and laying again on cars and footpaths.

L

Posted
Currently snowing much heavier than yesterday and laying again on cars and footpaths.

L

Yep just started here again. Glad i'm off work today, walk down to the Hamble after fry up.

T

Posted

chucking it down here much heavier than any we've had so far

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Hardly any thaw today and it looks great in the sun!

Anyway does anyone think that stuff in the South/South West. If its rotating round that low then it might. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hmmm I wonder if those showers in central Southern England will reach me before they die away, there is one heading straight for me now but it is about 50 miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
anyone think those showers will make it into the midlands?

You never know mate. I wondered if any of the snow in Wales might make it over to the Birmingham area?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

The snow risk forecast on here (based on the 06z GFS) shows a foot of snow on Friday for my area. I know these tend to move around but it's only 3 days away and wherever this hits is going to see a serious amount of snow by the look of things.