Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lol everything was looking to miss here for a time but thankfully things turned heavy. It was marginal for so long though on whether we would get it all.

Posted

do people here think we have a good chance of snow in the west midlands 4 thursday? will it still be cold enough to lay?

Posted

No snow falling in telford at the moment. Does anyone no if shropshire will have some heavy snow over night??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
yea! it stopped snowing here about an hour ago :)

i think that's it now but hope im wrong. please tell me im wrong anyone? :)my 13 and 9 yr old were really excited cos they thought they might get a day off school tomorrow! not enough 4 that to happen tho :)

I was excited that I was going to get a day off work tomorrow....lol.....Unfortunately, it doesnt look like the case.....Sunny periods, with the odd light shower seem to be the order of the day

Posted
No snow falling in telford at the moment. Does anyone no if shropshire will have some heavy snow over night??

sadly i think thats your lot for most of the midlands folks. we appear to entering a no mans land whereby all the precipitation is gradually moving further and further away from us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
do people here think we have a good chance of snow in the west midlands 4 thursday? will it still be cold enough to lay?

See my earlier post.... Snow For Thursday Linky .....It looks v.promising!

Posted
See my earlier post.... Snow For Thursday Linky .....It looks v.promising!

does doesnt it, had some excellent sledging conditions today, with good snowfall that continued for most of the afternoon, had snowball fights and lots of fun sledging, almost trending towards blizzard conditions at times. the general consensus is the cold air moving down from the north on thursday meeting that precipitation, giving perhaps more fun and games, the met office have a watch on it, the main forecasters are optimistic, all i can say is it looks marginal, but watch this space...

Posted
Why the bleeding hell did BBC say we will have snow from 9 till midnight then?!

West Midlands news with Shifali are STILL saying more heavy snow on the way and then dying out during midnight!

bad bad information

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I have to say that whilst I am pleased to see snow in the Midlands, I'm quite disappointed at how little we got compared to forecasts.

Last night we got a dusting which was here this morning, then another cm or so fell on top between 8 and 9.

The rest of the day we had snow falling but not enough to stick and most of the covered snow melted.

This evening between about 3.30 and 5 we got about 3 cms which is slowly thawing away now.

Looks like that is our lot for now and the children are hugely disappointed! They hoped for a day off tomorrow - seems all schools in Solihull and Dudley and Birmingham are shut tomorrow.

Birmingham areas fared better I see.

Edited by Serendipity

Posted
does doesnt it, had some excellent sledging conditions today, with good snowfall that continued for most of the afternoon, had snowball fights and lots of fun sledging, almost trending towards blizzard conditions at times. the general consensus is the cold air moving down from the north on thursday meeting that precipitation, giving perhaps more fun and games, the met office have a watch on it, the main forecasters are optimistic, all i can say is it looks marginal, but watch this space...

I must admit although fairly light but edging on moderate.. we're doing quite well. I haven't even seen this on the radar, also looks like there could be a bit more as the gap moves. Very impressive and like people are mentioning, looks quite good all week :)

Posted
West Midlands news with Shifali are STILL saying more heavy snow on the way and then dying out during midnight!

bad bad information

and lazy too....Obviously that havent been bothered to update with the met office... :)

Posted
thursday snow seems too far south, i dont reckon the low/fronts will move far enough north

i thought there was a cold front moving south from the north?? have a look at the fax charts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Why is there a thumb print of no snow and i am right under it?