Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Hi, thanks Cher.

I'm jealous of everyone on London!

Still... metoffice says Thursday may be good.

Dont be im not fair play to them , they hardly do well out of any snowfalls so im happy for them , and I think I done ok up here, also there is something comming for the 16th as well :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

STILL snowing, unreal snow event, i'm speechless.

Taken 10 mins ago... More recent pics of the snow depth.

Is it still heavy there? have you seen how quickly this snow has passed!? thats it then isnt it lol

Snow grains now but I seem to be in a line on the Western edge of the band near Northampton, so it's still snowing.

post-2115-1233594337_thumb.jpg

post-2115-1233594752_thumb.jpg

Posted

Look at those rash of BEEFY showers over the sea West of cornwall, I would rather have those than this rainband i think lol! ;)

Posted

Amazing, non-stop heavy snow for well over an hour now! Never seen it this heavy for this long!

Look at those rash of BEEFY showers over the sea West of cornwall, I would rather have those than this rainband i think lol! ;)

Rain?!?!?!

Posted

is that it for wolve's now? or still more to come later in the evening? lol....

Posted
Amazing, non-stop heavy snow for well over an hour now! Never seen it this heavy for this long!

Rain?!?!?!

No, Snow ;) sorry

Edited by JamieUK

Posted

Very quiet out there at the moment, not much traffic which is mostly due to the fact the roads are covered in snow with no sign of a gritter! ive seen several cars skiding already just looking out the window.

Snowing moderately here still with 10cm on some surfaces now, generally around 6cm on most surfaces though with less on roads etc

Foggy now to with temperature of -1.1c.

Posted

Erm, is the temperature actually supposed to rise as much for the precipitation to turn to sleet all the way up the Eastern coast towards Scarborough/york? BBC didn't forecast that did they? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Still snowing steadily here...here's a couple of latest back garden piccies...

SL381085.jpg

SL381086.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

We are in south birmingham and we have had 8cm of snow today!!! For the past 2 hours it has been snowing - but the intensity is tailing off a bit now.

I am praying that the french low pushes far enough west to give us a HUUUUGE snow dump tonight!!!

Oh, and I have 2 snowballs and a selection of icicles in my freezer - my kids had never seen an icicle before!! It's been a great day here in brum!!!

Posted
We are in south birmingham and we have had 8cm of snow today!!! For the past 2 hours it has been snowing - but the intensity is tailing off a bit now.

I am praying that the french low pushes far enough west to give us a HUUUUGE snow dump tonight!!!

Oh, and I have 2 snowballs and a selection of icicles in my freezer - my kids had never seen an icicle before!! It's been a great day here in brum!!!

isn't this the low which has just passed!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
what is that ! looks like its over already!!!

Not for us I'm sure...the area to the east of that dry slot will probably be heading in our direction...Dry for a time, more snow later....You read it here first...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think because its so slippery and snowy a biker has just slipped on the tarmac. All is Fine though traffic is nearly at a halt here.

Posted
what is that ! looks like its over already!!!

post-6740-1233595981_thumb.png

could be worse you could be that close lol, anyone wanna tell me whether they think i will miss it or not?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!
isn't this the low which has just passed!?

According to the satellite imagery we were looking at earlier there's more good stuff pushing in from the SE tonight. This has just been the leading edge...

It aint over until it's over, and with snow nowcasting is the name of the game!!

Posted

Surely that dry slot is a radar error?

It doesnt look right to me that such a large area is dry, but i suppose it could be the low centre where everythings calm like in hurricanes?

Throwing it down with snow here at the moment, as heavy as it did on 9th Feb 07, just measured 7.5cm (3 inches) depth on grass & pavement in back garden.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Ahhhh its so frustrating when the band just slides along just a couple of miles to the East, a little West please!!! :(