Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

I can't beleive it!!!! Just got back from walking the dog and it is absolutely chucking it down!!! :)

Looks like the midlands is more in the firing line than the east atm :)

What a huge, lovely surprise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
I'd say 8cm on the grass, 6cm on other surfaces :)

I think heavier PPN will reach Brum but in an hour maybe.

I'm to the NNW of Brum , under the western flank of the front and we're already experiencing moderate snow..Been looking at earlier posts from Roger Smith, and am wondering whether or not the front might stall out...Now that would be interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
I'd say 8cm on the grass, 6cm on other surfaces :)

I think heavier PPN will reach Brum but in an hour maybe.

80 miles south of brum and really coming down heavy now

Is this low coming up from the south ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I'm to the NNW of Brum , under the western flank of the front and we're already experiencing moderate snow..Been looking at earlier posts from Roger Smith, and am wondering whether or not the front might stall out...Now that would be interesting!

LOL if this stalls i'll have to get my shovel out :)

Posted
LOL if this stalls i'll have to get my shovel out :)

lol think u cud be right, we can only dream lol, its moving through to quickly for my likin, im happy with it hw it is right now, nice and heavy. Every 1 in these flats must have heating on full its taken forever to settle on the roofs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Yep :)

From the radar look like its the stuff coming from the west .

That heavy bit my house is right under it

Posted

Finally we're getting some decent snowfall here in Northampton, woke this moring to 1cm the snow showers had skirted all around us here. Been snowing moderate to heavy now for an hour and we have 2-3cm at the moment.

Posted

post-6740-1233589662_thumb.png

massive flakes now :) another few hours of this would be nice. cant see that although in a decent place for some moderate snow for a while after this.

Posted

Seems a bit naff, for what's to come after the heavy bit has passed.

Hope it will "back build" a bit or it will only last another hour then be snizzle.

Posted
post-6740-1233589662_thumb.png

massive flakes now :lol: another few hours of this would be nice. cant see that although in a decent place for some moderate snow for a while after this.

Do you think it will turn sleety here like in the southeast or do you think we are far enough north for it to stay as snow ?

Posted

Oh,god! Think of the possibilities!

lol think u cud be right, we can only dream lol, its moving through to quickly for my likin, im happy with it hw it is right now, nice and heavy. Every 1 in these flats must have heating on full its taken forever to settle on the roofs

Or they have crap insulation!

On another note, the tail of PPN SE of brum looks to be heading slap bang for brum-it looks heavy as well so good so far!

Weather here-moderate snow with big flakes easily settling on anything-no sign of a thaw here-in fact it will be an ice day if it carries on like this!

Posted

Despite the radar saying there only very light snow here its still coming down nicely at the moment.

Temperature being -0.8c is helping it build up nicely though i wouldnt say there was much over 5cm generally yet though some spots have 6-7cm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Having a few problems posting images at the mo, but for all NW Radar subscribers, check out the South Western flank of the snow band just to the east of oxford, thats heading right into the South Midlands, should give Oxon, Warickshire, parts of Gloucester/Worcestershire a nice covering.......As I mentioned earlier, the band has moved on a much greater westerly orientation than thought earlier....A rampers delight for the whole Midlands area! :nonono:

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

I just looked out of my window again and it was nice to see all the pavements have been covered over again and our little street has recovered in snow now. Sticking quite well and my grass is covered. There must be about 1.5" outside now easily!

Enjoyed teasing my little dog just too, he's a little miniature schnauzer and I made a snowball, packed it and rolled it across the snow, he chased and then went to pick it up and it all fell apart as he bit into it. He looked a little perplexed and slightly disappointed haha.

Posted

Hmmm well, considering all the hype, it looks as if soon (about 10mins from now) the snow event will be over for the oxford, reading, and buckinghamshire regions unfortunatly, were situated where the band of rain is 'split' in two, if only that gap could be filled with more glorious snow! From the way the wind is blowing, the precipitation will be sloping past us (Aylesbury) by a few miles (if Less!) Oooooooh the frustration! lol :nonono:

Posted
Having a few problems posting images at the mo, but for all NW Radar subscribers, check out the South Western flank of the snow band just to the east of oxford, thats heading right into the South Midlands, should give Oxon, Warickshire, parts of Gloucester/Worcestershire a nice covering.......As I mentioned earlier, the band has moved on a much greater westerly orientation than thought earlier....A rampers delight for the whole Midlands area! :)

cool :nonono:

so how long do you think this band of snow will last here in worcester? Hope it goes on for awhile yet! It's still dark out here and snowing quite hard

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Looks fun in my home town:

Snow balls

Posted

http://www.meteox.com/gmap.aspx?soort=loop...lon=2.900390625

.... looks good you could say, northern france precip shows some intensification :D and since the gfs goes for the most precip between 9 and 12 tonight for here, that could be it, so maybe this we have now wont be the last of it.