Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
Expect it for the first 20 minutes, its now moderate.

cheers mate i ll try to upload few pics later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
The radar shows its gone north.

Its right next to me, would like it to come south a touch though!

I thinks its going WNW Currently as the radar shows a pretty good westward pace currently.

Posted

After a brief hour or so of sunshine the snow is back on again lightly but it's settling fast (i've got -1 here) and adding to our ~1inch!

Keeping my fingers crossed for that low later lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
lololol you make me smile just mind you dont drop it lol.

so are we all set up for a lovely snow feast do you think and i can see some fragmention at the front what do you think

cher

x

I'm not too sure what to make of it.....A couple of hours ago, I was despondantly thinking that the main area of precip would slide by to our east heading northwards, but now i'm changing my mind, its definitely pivoting more to the west, but weakening as it does so.....Best guess is that areas north & also to the east of brum might do rather well,such as Stoke, Buxton, Burton-upon-Trent, Derby etc, whereas areas to the SW of brum, such as Worcester, Kiddeminster, & Stourbridge may struggle...(Note to 'Blizzards'..Sorry for adding Stourbridgeas a no-snow area, but I couldnt resist, as your 'snow-moods' go up and down like a yoyo.....lol)

Posted
From Reading, very fine grains coming down but snow is thawing I think it is done here.

yes, i remain to be convinced about this for our area. to my relatively untrained eye i don't see an awful lot more pushing into this area...raining in Kent/Suffolk now as well apparently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Leicestershire is getting pasted now, heavy snow falling now and it's not hard to see why :(

Currently about 7-8cm on Grass and 5-6cm on pavements.

post-2115-1233586667_thumb.jpg

Posted

This is really marginal for me. I think i am literally just a few miles North and west to catch the heavier snow-but time will tell. I hope im proved wrong!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Turning alot darker from the East now, sky looks full of it with hours of snow to come! :p

Posted
Leicestershire is getting pasted now, heavy snow falling now and it's not hard to see why :p

andy do you think the heavier snow will make it here

cher

x

Posted
I'm not too sure what to make of it.....A couple of hours ago, I was despondantly thinking that the main area of precip would slide by to our east heading northwards, but now i'm changing my mind, its definitely pivoting more to the west, but weakening as it does so.....Best guess is that areas north & also to the east of brum might do rather well,such as Stoke, Buxton, Burton-upon-Trent, Derby etc, whereas areas to the SW of brum, such as Worcester, Kiddeminster, & Stourbridge may struggle...(Note to 'Blizzards'..Sorry for adding Stourbridgeas a no-snow area, but I couldnt resist, as your 'snow-moods' go up and down like a yoyo.....lol)

oh no! dont say that! please tell me that is wrong! Im in NE Worcester

its heavy here atm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
Leicestershire is getting pasted now, heavy snow falling now and it's not hard to see why :D

Hi Andy,

Yes it`s quite a day.I have about 5cms and snowing steadily again.

That heavier band just to your east i wonder if that will come this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Leicestershire is getting pasted now, heavy snow falling now and it's not hard to see why :D

Andy, this main band is pushing a lot further west than anticipated I think......Almost heading due west now, the direction has changed quite markably over the last hour....You could yet see substantially more snow

Posted

post-6740-1233587493_thumb.png

Well the next 30mins should make me decide on how good this could be, but im not that optimistic. maybe 5cms in total by midnight i hope im wrong though and more and more comes up from down south

Posted

We're getting quite a pasting here at the moment too Andy, i'm liking the sound of the due west at the moment!

Posted

We have fairly moderate snow now but its all stupid small flakes. :)

Radar still shows much more coming though.

Posted
Absolute pasting here now, blizzard like conditions and still loads more to come!!!

Taken 5 mins ago...

How much is accumulated there mate? Looks a fair bit! And do you still think the (heavier) snow will reach brum and has an increasing westerly tangent to it?? Your optimistic so i'll ask you! :) Mind you there is light/moderate snow now... temp -1.0C

Edited by Albion Snowman

Posted
We have fairly moderate snow now but its all stupid small flakes. :)

Radar still shows much more coming though.

And there lays your problem mate....your flakes are small and stupid....mine are large and intelligent, thus they know how to stick to things, rather than blowing about in the wind stupidly...

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
How much is accumulated there mate? Looks a fair bit! And do you still think the (heavier) snow will reach brum? Your optimistic so i'll ask you! :) Mind you there is light/moderate snow now... temp -1.0C

I'd say 8cm on the grass, 6cm on other surfaces :)

I think heavier PPN will reach Brum but in an hour maybe.

Posted

Had a good few cm's from last night/mornings snow, abit of a lull in the early afternoon and now its teething it down with snow again :) . I hope this keeps tracking more westwards as it drifts further north could be in for a good few hours of this stuff.

Posted
I'd say 8cm on the grass, 6cm on other surfaces :)

I think heavier PPN will reach Brum but in an hour maybe.

Thats sounds about right by the look of the pic. And thats just what the doctor ordered! Thanks mate-hope it rings true!