Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Excellent! How heavy is it mate?

Moderate, medium size flakes coming down pretty well :) This is just the start of the band aswell, i'll show you what my postcode zoom radar is telling me..

Bare in mind it's moving West...

post-2115-1233582518_thumb.jpg

Posted
Just starting to get light snow. Wonder if this is the band?

It is matey :):)

It's coming down quite heavy here now!! This is on the way to you West Midlanders :)

Posted
It is matey :):)

It's coming down quite heavy here now!! This is on the way to you West Midlanders :)

its going to break up and fragment, it is ! i know it. oooooooh noooooo !!!!!!!

...... ahem ahem lol dr jeckyl at your service- heavy prolonged snow on its way. take care

Posted
Cheers andy thanks for that! How much lying snow you got? Is this the most you have seen?

5-6cm from this mornings showers and it hasn't melted!!! I think there is another 5cm+ to be had in this band :)

It's snowing pretty well now, coming down thick and fast! It's not the most snow I have seen here, Dec 2000 was the most with 3-4 inches but there is an inch or so now with maybe nearly 2 inches on the grass and if I see another 2 inches or more from this band then it will defanitly be the most I have ever seen :)

Posted

How can it be snowing in tamworth but not here, more south of tamworth? I don't think it is the main band i think you have caught a shower mate but i dunno what i'm on about! :):)

Posted

Id be concerned if i was in birmingham at the min, westward progression seems painfully slow to me, just look at the brighter echoes andy over the last hour theyve looked like they may edge westwards but in reality they are still mainly to the east of nottingham and continuing to move nnw. there still plenty of precip to come though and if it does all remian as snow we should be ok as theres snow still in france to move north, and then of course theres a chance of some of the precip wrapping rnd the low as it moves north possibly giving us some more snow tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Indeed it looks like we could get pasted by this! It is moving westwards nicely!

Ive got about 6cm currently so 15-20cm seems possible!!!

This could be the most snow ive ever seen!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
Id be concerned if i was in birmingham at the min, westward progression seems painfully slow to me, just look at the brighter echoes andy over the last hour theyve looked like they may edge westwards but in reality they are still mainly to the east of nottingham and continuing to move nnw. there still plenty of precip to come though and if it does all remian as snow we should be ok as theres snow still in france to move north, and then of course theres a chance of some of the precip wrapping rnd the low as it moves north possibly giving us some more snow tomorrow.

I think those in Brum will be fine mate, I think that Heavy PPN will shift even more West in the next half an hour, keep an eye on it because I think it will :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

been snowing here none stop for nearly 2hours not amounting to much but notice the little band on meto radar and its gone from slight an hour ago to moderate so its strengthened as its moved west.

so the small band over isle of white north is moving west so i id say so is the main snow threat is aswell.

but not likely to hit us.

north hampshire south most likely to miss this.

but still snowing lightly very dull now but nice to see.

perhapes another hour if where lucky and then i think event over for this year :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
How can it be snowing in tamworth but not here, more south of tamworth? I don't think it is the main band i think you have caught a shower mate but i dunno what i'm on about! :lol: :o

Could be a shower but we are east of Birmingham here, nearer to where Andy lives.

Posted
I think those in Brum will be fine mate, I think that Heavy PPN will shift even more West in the next half an hour, keep an eye on it because I think it will :lol:

IM COUNTING ON YOU!!!!

Posted
Just starting to get light snow. Wonder if this is the band?

Hi PG

Well if it's just started to snow where you are then we should be getting it in a few minutes time :lol:

It has snowed here on and off for most of the day, the last heavy shower was around 30 minutes ago, but now awaiting the frontal snow with interest! We have around 7cm of lying snow with no thaw. Fantastic start to Feb!

Posted

I don't mean to keep banging on about it but it really is coming down heavy now, it's just continious moderate to heavy snow and the heaviest isn't here yet. This really could be a special event for the Midlands, most areas around Nottingham, Leicester, Birmingham, Stoke have seen 3-5cm from snow showers this morning, this band has the potential for 5-10cm. I'm so excited I'm bouncing off the walls :lol:

When you wait 20 years to see an event like this it's hardly surprising!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
I think those in Brum will be fine mate, I think that Heavy PPN will shift even more West in the next half an hour, keep an eye on it because I think it will :o

I agree. Im not saying that just because im near there but especially if you zoom in on the radar it is easily coming this way too. :lol:

Posted
I don't mean to keep banging on about it but it really is coming down heavy now, it's just continious moderate to heavy snow and the heaviest isn't here yet. This really could be a special event for the Midlands, most areas around Nottingham, Leicester, Birmingham, Stoke have seen 3-5cm from snow showers this morning, this band has the potential for 5-10cm. I'm so excited I'm bouncing off the walls :lol:

When you wait 20 years to see an event like this it's hardly surprising!

and to think if the current gfs output is correct it will be topped on friday. lol :o :D:D

Posted
You not happy with what we have now lol :lol:

It's supposed to get worse within the next three hours, this is just the start :o

jk.

it would be great mate if we get more snow ..lol.. we will come to know in nxt hour or so.. keeping my fingers crossed..

cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
Hi PG

Well if it's just started to snow where you are then we should be getting it in a few minutes time :)

It has snowed here on and off for most of the day, the last heavy shower was around 30 minutes ago, but now awaiting the frontal snow with interest! We have around 7cm of lying snow with no thaw. Fantastic start to Feb!

Hi mate. Yes it has been great so far. We have several cm's lying on the grass and some pavements. However most roads are clear! cannot wait for the main band to arrive.