Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted

Do wish they they wouldn't close schools, that just means a load of feral youth running around like maniacs causing all kinds of trouble.

I'm sure that there is more risk to health and saftey by letting the little buggers out!

When I was at school in the eighties, we just used to get on with it.

If the heating went off, we sat in lessons with our coats on, makes me laugh how it is today...my god, that was only 20 years ago!

Posted
Do wish they they wouldn't close schools, that just means a load of feral youth running around like maniacs causing all kinds of trouble.

I'm sure that there is more risk to health and saftey by letting the little buggers out!

If the heating went off, we sat in lessons with our coats on, makes me laugh how it is today...my god, that was only 20 years ago!

It personally put a smile on my face seeing how happy they were, running away from school cheering through the snow.

EDIT: Snow coming down heavy now in North Birmingham. Already put a covering on one roof which clearly has its heating on full blast :wacko:

Edited by WestMidlandsWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

rapid thaw now but snowing not really doing much but id say it will be all gone in a couple more hours if only it was january lol.

oh well with warnings removed for thursday this looks like the last of our snow event :wacko: :cold::cold::cold:

but there is a updated warning today at 12.19 for futher heavy falls.

now what i cant work out is that 12 this morning, or 12 this afternoon lol.

Edited by badboy657

Posted

lololololol I remember the same sitting there shivering through the cold lol, but now it has to do with health and safety and if they feel its not safe for the children to be at school then they will close the school down,

started to lightly snow again

cher

x

Posted
rapid thaw now but snowing not really doing much but id say it will be all gone in a couple more hours if only it was january lol.

oh well with warnings removed for thursday this looks like the last of some peoples now event :wacko: :cold::cold::cold:

:good: Hasnt even started for us midlanders yet :D

Posted
Maybe in a few hours from the main band, not sure yet on how far West it will end up.

i hope that band hit Wolve's... if it does then it ll be an ace...

Posted
indeed its been snowing here for over a hour not nothing heavy though also noticed early warning for thursday with regards to another snow event has been removed its now futher north it looks like things are set for milder next week boo ;)

just had a met person on local radio, said the west mids are going to get a thumping this afternoon/tonight

having to enjoy it on my own though, daughter has a hangover, wife at work, and the dog is dead

Posted

Having our first decent snow of the day.

No Lying snow here yet but it is quite heavy at the moemnt,

Everything crossed that this does not die out

Posted

its most certian now BUT in my likes its too light to make accumulations. Already i can see a slow thaw here and light snow on top just makes that slushy if you know what i mean.

oh well beggers dont become choosers ;) (how can i say that? look at the south-easteners!)

Posted

You not happy with what we have now lol :)

It's supposed to get worse within the next three hours, this is just the start :)

jk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes
:) Hasnt even started for us midlanders yet :)

i know you lucky sods and i mean judging by the forecast well its enough to make me cry lol :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

The band of snow has just reached me in Leicester, it's moving westwards very well, I think Birmingham and surrounding areas will be safe and it will get that far West :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
The band of snow has just reached me in Leicester, it's moving westwards very well, I think Birmingham and surrounding areas will be safe and it will get that far West :clap:

Great stuff Andy! How long do you reckon the snow will last?

Posted
The band of snow has just reached me in Leicester, it's moving westwards very well, I think Birmingham and surrounding areas will be safe and it will get that far West :clap:

yes, but how heavy will it be? nowcasting it is now!

Posted

Fantastic news! Very overcast here with around 2inches of snow. No thaw at all i dont think becuase temp is -0.9C. I just hope the snow makes it this far west!

Posted
Great stuff Andy! How long do you reckon the snow will last?

I have no real idea but if I go by judging the radar it could be hours, possibly snow on and off till 6pm onwards... It's defanitly moving Westwards quite nicely, you should start to see some PPN in the next half an hour :clap: West Midlanders don't worry, this is doing well to hit you within the next hour!

Posted
i know you lucky sods and i mean judging by the forecast well its enough to make me cry lol :clap:

Lol, cant wait, I keep checking out the window, oh how I feel 12 again! :)

The band of snow has just reached me in Leicester, it's moving westwards very well, I think Birmingham and surrounding areas will be safe and it will get that far West :)

So it will reach me in Walsall, North Birmingham?

Posted

wooooohooooo see I knew it would lol enjoy it andy is it heavy ?????????

cher

x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!
I have no real idea but if I go by judging the radar it could be hours, possibly snow on and off till 6pm onwards... It's defanitly moving Westwards quite nicely, you should start to see some PPN in the next half an hour :clap: West Midlanders don't worry, this is doing well to hit you within the next hour!

Excellent! How heavy is it mate?

Posted
Lol, cant wait, I keep checking out the window, oh how I feel 12 again! :)

So it will reach me in Walsall, North Birmingham?

I am 80-90% sure it will.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
just had a met person on local radio, said the west mids are going to get a thumping this afternoon/tonight

having to enjoy it on my own though, daughter has a hangover, wife at work, and the dog is dead

Starting to snow heavy now 20 miles north of Oxford, temp 0c