Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted

yes I joined yesterday...they are lovely people on here...very helpful indeed :D you dont feel like the village idiot....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Well its still snowing moderatly, temp is a solid 0.1 c and can no longer see where the roads and paths are and theres that many drifts up to my knees that I can't decided whether to walk to work in it or not bother tonight, dont fancy a 45 min walk down to work then another 45min walk home, what do ya think ? :D .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
Well its still snowing moderatly, temp is a solid 0.1 c and can no longer see where the roads and paths are and theres that many drifts up to my knees that I can't decided whether to walk to work in it or not bother tonight, dont fancy a 45 min walk down to work then another 45min walk home, what do ya think ? :D .
stay at home lol...any hint of rain in there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
stay at home lol...any hint of rain in there?

Nope no sign of rain what so ever thank god lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Wish they would start saying that the North West is being affected, im sick of hearing its a North-Eastern event. Met Office have apparently put out an Extreme weather event warning. I must admit its pepped up here somewhat. Would anybody care to join me on the veranda for a cup of Yorkshire Tea? :D

lol great pics, there was a news crew for the national news up on the moors earlier but I think that was it.

Posted
Nope no sign of rain what so ever thank god lol

good stuff, not quite as heavy now :D

Posted
That would be Ice 'Yorshire' Tea lol :D

Better not start off the old "Saddleworth is in West Yorkshire" debate, I shall leave that to the old crows in the Chronicle to debate, lol. Sack the tea, thing I need a beer anyway :D ................

Thanks Louise, hope your snow doesnt turn to rain anytime soon :D .................

And finally snowyoumustbeMADthinkingofgoingintowork.lad ........DONT do it! you know you really want to stay at home & watch the snow, like 99% of the skiving population has done today B)

Edited by Storm Animal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Still snow here too but I think it's slowly dying down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
Its hard to say, my temperature was rising quite fast before but for the last hour it has held at 0.3c. Becuase its held steady i'm hoping thats all the effect the mild sector has on us around here. Lately the snow has turned back to more of the dry type so hopefully i'm right and it might stay as snow. 5 inches? you've done well there mate B)

It may all be over now. 6 inches on the grass, 4 on paths, Rising again, now 0.8c, Mind you it was snowing at 2c before in the afternoon so theres no reason why it should rain at all.

Posted
It may all be over now. 6 inches on the grass, 4 on paths, Rising again, now 0.8c, Mind you it was snowing at 2c before in the afternoon so theres no reason why it should rain at all.

You won't be able to say you never get any snow now with that much B) got any pics?

Posted
Better not start off the old "Saddleworth is in West Yorkshire" debate, I shall leave that to the old crows in the Chronicle to debate, lol. Sack the tea, thing I need a beer anyway :D ................

Thanks Louise, hope your snow doesnt turn to rain anytime soon :D .................

And finally snowyoumustbeMADthinkingofgoingintowork.lad ........DONT do it! you know you really want to stay at home & watch the snow, like 99% of the skiving population has done today B)

Hahaa no need to tell me twice, I can bet any money the bosses will "make it into work" and will be very happy to hear my voice on the phone saying Snowed in under 1 ft drifts :D .

We had a bloke phone in last night who was snowed in with 2cm of snow, god help him tonight lol

Posted
You won't be able to say you never get any snow now with that much B) got any pics?

yeah got a load of pics, Will post them tomorrow. How deep is your snow and whats your current temperature?

Edited by Hancock

Posted
yeah got a load of pics, Will post them tomorrow. How deep is your snow and whats your current temperature?

18cm so far but it's dying down now, temp creeping up slowly 0.4°C, I'm hoping the colder air will be quick to catch up behind the warm sector otherwise it might turn to rain.

Posted

nice and heavy again now and drifting in the strong wind :rolleyes: fantastic stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

I think all the snowfall's done with here, its completely stopped and is beginning to melt already... :rolleyes:

Posted
18cm so far but it's dying down now, temp creeping up slowly 0.4°C, I'm hoping the colder air will be quick to catch up behind the warm sector otherwise it might turn to rain.

Will the colder air catch up here?

0.8c now and it seems steady. I want the precip to go away now if im honest. I dont want my snow gone :rolleyes:

Posted

wow the radar shows it reintensifying, good times

Posted
Will the colder air catch up here?

0.8c now and it seems steady. I want the precip to go away now if im honest. I dont want my snow gone :rolleyes:

Well ther should be colder 850's but I don't whether that would translate to colder at the surface for your location, having said that if you get any clear skies it will drop and refreeze any snow.

Yes its still marginal but im hoping the precip dies down now james we have about 14 cm here and more in the drifts.The temps should drop overnight as the skies clear and i reckon only a partial thaw tomorrow and then watch the minima plunge tomorrow night,i reckon if the skies stay clear it could be -4 or -5.

On to wed temps struggling here to get much above 1 degree so any thaw will be very slow and again another cold night wed with temps down to -5.

Thur/Fri could see more snow coming down from the North in an Artic airstream.

In summery we need to tonight out of the way and then it will be crisp cold winter sunshine with i would imagine some stunning sights.

Posted

looking at the meteox ppn radar it shows the band of precip over us thining out about now but then starting to build up again just to our east at 22.30 so with any luck well see some of that through the night.

Flakes are starting to get bigger again here :D

Posted

Not much left in Chorlton, south Manchester now, most of what was on the lawn has melted, still some on roofs. Nothing falling now either.

Andrew

Posted
temperature dropping back again no it seems, refreezing on the car outside. Hopefully the mild sector is on it's way elsewhere

Has the mild sector passed?